Disc Poker Night

Moderator: Cydisc

Postby O_D » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 pm

mkurtz wrote:A (space) lot of pompous know-it-alls on this site. Call it what you want. It's all good.
Go wak pak, you guys rock!!

Just sayin'
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby MillerGT 41638 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:32 am

I guess it's just an observation but I'm curious as to why everyone becomes grammatical nazis on this site; yet acronyms still fly. :wink: I mean it is the internet after all.
Some people say the cucumbers taste better pickled.
MillerGT 41638

Postby Single L » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:07 am

mkurtz wrote:alot of pompous know it alls on this site. call it what you want. its all good.
go wak pak, you guys rock!!
dirtyj wrote:So frolfin is cool with me and i do wear flip flops most of the summer during casual play. I guess i don't get it Corey? You do sound a little pompous assed.

Sorry fellas, I don’t mean to come off as a Pompous ass .......

The truth is, I've never used the term Frolf, and when I do here it referenced it’s usually frowned upon by 99% of the disc golf community. Most people that come up to me and ask about "Frolfing" are my relatives and co-workers that have only played it a few times and think they are being clever or "in" by using the term; they probably picked it up from Seinfeld or the Office. The fact of the matter is it’s almost become a derogatory term in the sport.

With this said the only place I've heard it used on a regular basis is in good ol' Ames Iowa. It must be something in the water that makes the term accepted there, so be it. Like you said you guys do and act as you want, cool with me; however, don’t be surprised if you get a few weird looks form others, not just pompous ass' like myself, when you use the term outside of Central Iowa and at larger events.

Carry On ........
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby bergdawg » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:29 am

You really have nothing better to do with your time than try and stop people from using frolfing?
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg

Postby MillerGT 41638 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Back to topic at hand, would anyone really like to do a poker night or just drop it?
MillerGT 41638

Postby Buzzzed85 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Holy canoli batman...... I didn't realize a word would generate so much conversation. G-spot, i'd be down with a poker night. I got some unthrown plastic i'm willing to donate.
Buzzzed85

Postby Buzzzed85 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 pm

And oh yeah........
Happy frolfing everyone!
WAK PAK!
Buzzzed85

FROLFIN

Postby frolfincwb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:12 pm

porkchop wrote:
Buzzzed85 wrote:Indeed. Between wing night, frolfing, and this poker night i'm not sure we'll be able to stand eachother anymore once the season comes. :lol:

Please stop calling it Frolfing unless you still play in your flip flops and rock a popped collar ..... in that case you probably shouldn’t have found this board, or should even attempt to compete at the Team Tournament ....... the term Frolf or Frolfing just gives me the Willy's and makes you look like a fool.

Thanks,
The MGMT

I must be a fool but to me frolfin is being able to play anywhere, in any conditions, wearing any kind of shoes, throwing towards any target that either exists or you can come up with. Its more fun throwing down a dark street at a stop sign then playing with half the pompous big heads around here. But come the team tournament I guess ill settle for throwing on a fairway towards a basket :D
frolfincwb

frolfing

Postby mkurtz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 pm

[quote]

i play frolf in virginia and well he needs to debate me..

(from discgolfreview.com)

:P :P

this quote from a post called john stewart thinks disc golf is gay
mkurtz

Postby Single L » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:41 am

Easy fellas ....... I know almost all of you (Moses, Faas, Lyster) and would consider a couple of you friends (Conrad and Miller).

My first post was more of a joke about the word and my dislike of it. It got blow out of proportion, so my second post was to let you all know why I dislike it and that others are in the same boat.

Those that know me well, Kurt and Garrett, know I don't like the term and know I was posting more as a joke, hence the reason they didn't reply (or gave me shit about being in the band MGMT). As far as the rest of you, don't call me a pompous ass if you don't know me or what context I was posting in; which is funny because most of you do know me.

With this said I could really give a shit less if you all use the term or not it’s your prerogative, just be prepared to be given a little shit if you use the term around me :P
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby frolfincwb » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:13 am

:D frolf!!
frolfincwb

Postby MillerGT 41638 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:19 am

And to think this was originally an innocent post to play some poker and collect some discs from you guys. :wink:
MillerGT 41638

Postby rightcunnin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 am

CONLER MILRAD 41638 wrote:And to think this was originally an innocent post to play some poker and collect some discs from you guys. :wink:

Don't you mean frisbees? :D
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Re: FROLFIN

Postby Single L » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:03 pm

frolfincwb wrote:frolfin is being able to play anywhere, in any conditions, wearing any kind of shoes, throwing towards any target that either exists or you can come up with.

I can't disagree with this at all if you’re talking about Freeform Golf as described by www.Frolf.com :lol:

If you’re talking about the PDGA variety then I guess we'll agree to disagree
Single L

Re: FROLFIN

Postby arowan21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm

porkchop wrote:
frolfincwb wrote:frolfin is being able to play anywhere, in any conditions, wearing any kind of shoes, throwing towards any target that either exists or you can come up with.

I can't disagree with this at all if you’re talking about Freeform Golf as described by www.Frolf.com :lol:

If you’re talking about the PDGA variety then I guess we'll agree to disagree
arowan21

PreviousNext

Return to Ames Club