Redesign at Longview

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:28 pm

wasn't sure....very few knew I was working on DG and fewer knew I killed off the nettles....had to be one of a couple people
Bugslayer

Postby Nohr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Bugslayer wrote:Source?....your doubts will go away when the concrete is down....and Bradley....you know who this is. Unless Nelson changed his mind this has been on the docket since last year.....was waiting for the new parking lot to be done.

Do you want or need help with anything? Or is this super secret project under control?
Nohr

Postby Sniper26 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:26 pm

I have a great idea for Longview; pull the nice baskets out of that crappy course and put them in at C2. They would get way more use and keep them from being destroyed by the upstading citizens of the Longview neighborhood.
Sniper26

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 am

I have a better idea. Get the concrete in at Longview, maybe even some signs, and I'm sure it will get played a lot more. It's a good course.

I've seen waaay more vandalism, theft, and litter at the Camden courses than I've ever seen at Longview.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby FB32992 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 am

agreed. after it storms where is the dryest place to play?Longview.I still believe that we should use this for showcasing final nines at tourneys.It would be great for spectators.
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992

Postby Bugslayer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:43 am

Amen to that....I LIKE Longview, and the neighborhood isn't that bad....I lived down there for years....even had friends pass out in the front lawn sleeping and no-one bothered them... :lol: , but then you've spent a little time in that neighborhood also haven't you Lou? :P
Longview was the first course I played....Lincoln was the second but then many of these kids have no idea about that course. As far as vandalism and litter....you are dead on. It would be sweet if they refilled the pond and made that a real water hazard....won't happen though.
The project isn't secret or anything, it's just that I know very little about it...other than I volunteered to help and have been told it's supposed to get done this year. I'm sure when the time comes to start doing it all help will be appreciated.
Bugslayer

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Bugslayer wrote:...but then you've spent a little time in that neighborhood also haven't you Lou? :P
Yeah, I grew up a block away on 14th 1/2 street. But things were a little different down there in the '50s and '60s.

I've never been bothered when discing there.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Nohr » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Played there a couple dozen times when I was in the quad cities. Mount mother is sweet. So is the shot across the road. Never had a problem with anyone. Worst thing that happened to me was being asked if I wanted to buy a plate of BBQ. Why couldn't they just give it to me?!?!?
Nohr

Postby Bugslayer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 pm

hilarious
Bugslayer

Postby prodiscgolf » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:05 pm

I would LOVE to see Longview FINALLY get tee pads. OMG, that's just too good to be true! Bring it on!!!
prodiscgolf

Postby jack » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:00 pm

prodiscgolf wrote:I would LOVE to see Longview FINALLY get tee pads. OMG, that's just too good to be true! Bring it on!!!

Me, too.
jack

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Bugslayer wrote:....even had friends pass out in the front lawn sleeping and no-one bothered them... :lol:
Hey, wait a minute, was that directed at me? :? I don't remember ever... but that doesn't mean I didn't...
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby AO » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:32 am

jack wrote:
prodiscgolf wrote:I would LOVE to see Longview FINALLY get tee pads. OMG, that's just too good to be true! Bring it on!!!

Me, too.

I would agree. The first time I played Longview I was suprised because it was fun and I hadn't heard much positive about the course.
AO

Postby TreeLoveInman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Agreed longview is a pretty awesome course, I think it would be awesome to be able to re-map out the whole thing. A very fun course just a lot of back tracking, that damn hole one and two I tell yea. Fun course, Cant wait for the cars to get dinged up that actually park at that new lot, Ive seen a lot of people throw and land right there, Will be funny. Anyone know anything about being able to re-map it or if we cant do that can we go in our selves and make pads? quickcrete and a wheelbarrow? Some water. Is that allowed?
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 am

Quickcrete and a barrow is a bad idea. Its best to get some funding and get a truck out there. Youll have to work 5 times as hard otherwise
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to Quad Cities (Rock Island, IL) - Longview Park