2010 Team Tournament Tryouts

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby z-man » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Ive been having back problems

I fold. Gotta help my dad move a couch at 9

Moving the couch should help out that back of yours :lol:
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 pm

rightcunnin wrote:9:30 is fine w/ me. I just picked a random time

See ya at 9:30. Hopefully this outing will go better than my last one. I lost 6 disc's the last time I tried to play dg in the snow.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Like_Water » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Edited first post.

NO OB's will be played. Too much snow.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Well...pick a time and post it please and I'll go from there. 9:30...10:00...10:30...doesn't really matter...just want to beat the rain if it does decide to come through.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 pm

do it when you guys are free, dont worry about me. My dad came in and asked if I could help him tomorrow after I told you guys I might able to make it. I felt bad. The old man just got back from a colonoscipy(sp?) :lol: You try to tell your family no after they were just violated :lol:
SARG27044

Postby rightcunnin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Let's just call it 10 ( no more changes, I was just trying to be accomodating) and I think we'll be fine. We didn't lose any yesterday so I'll do my best to make sure you come out w/ all of your discs tomorrow.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Single L » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Clue wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:I will more than likely be there...but won't be trying to qualify.

I may have known this already, but seriously? That sucks. Good for Corey though.

Too bad because I really don't want to hear Clue say "you only made the team because others didn't tryout" it’s not my fault others are lazy and not dedicated or have other plans on April 3rd.

You know what Clue your attitude and overwhelming support is one of the reasons why the thought of not even wanting to tryout crosses my mine ..... however it's also the reason I drummed up the conversation of having a tryout to show know-it-alls’ like yourself that maybe other deserve a chance to play on one of the teams.

I thought we had this all behind us Clue ..... guess not ...... sorry a 933 rated hack is getting to you so much ...... grow a chucking pair
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Saturday, March 6th

Postby Sidearm » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm planning to be there at 10 tomorrow, but don't wait for me. My attendance depends on the Kids Fest schedule. If I do show up, I won't be trying out for the Des Moines team. I will be trying out for the Ames team since it appears they are the team to beat. :shock:
Sidearm

Re: Saturday, March 6th

Postby Sidearm » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Sidearm wrote:I'm planning to be there at 10 tomorrow, but don't wait for me. My attendance depends on the Kids Fest schedule. If I do show up, I won't be trying out for the Des Moines team. I will be trying out for the Ames team since it appears they are the team to beat. :shock:

Just kidding. April 3rd is not a date that is going to work for me this year to play disc golf.
Sidearm

Postby Clue » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Listen Choppy, I know you're a little hypersensitive to me right now, but I was actually serious that it was good for you because I knew you were taking this seriously. I don't disagree with you in the least that caring about this tournament should have some value and I'm glad you do. I remember when I felt that way when I wanted on the Arizona team for the SW Invitational. If Tanner and AO couldn't play the Iowa tour and that prevented them from playing the USDGC I would feel bad for them and I'd be disappointed that Iowa wasn't represented as well as it could be, however I'd also be happy that I would have a really good shot at making it myself.

But yeah, it was a little sarcastic and you didn't read it wrong. Next time we get some lunch you can have my fruit cup.
Clue

Postby claring » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Tanner what happens to those who can not make it out to Ewing to try out?
claring

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:15 am

Nice turnout on Saturday. Glad that I could be a part of it. The tryout process is great to be a part of and brings a new style and mentallity of play for sure. Definately can't wait for all that snow to melt out there. It's unfortunate that the qualifying has to take place under such acclimate conditions, but what can do.Those that can wait till the last minute may be rewarded with better conditions and therefore better scores.
Definately an exciting time for disc golf in the metro area. Wish I could witness every qualifying round.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby The Donator » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Yeah id like the qualifying process if I was already a lock too, which I think i should be, but anyways...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Like_Water » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:29 pm

The Donator wrote:Yeah id like the qualifying process if I was already a lock too, which I think i should be, but anyways...

lol!
Like_Water

Postby Like_Water » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:32 pm

claring wrote:Tanner what happens to those who can not make it out to Ewing to try out?

Let me know you are interested in playing and we'll see how many spots are available after the qualifiers.

People who tryout will get precedent.
Like_Water

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club