Tee pad clearing

Postby Crager » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Back nine pads are clean, going to clean off the rest this afternoon around 3:30 if anyone wants to play (help) :)
Crager

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Crager wrote:Back nine pads are clean, going to clean off the rest this afternoon around 3:30 if anyone wants to play (help) :)

Thanks Crager, wish I could but stuck at work :(
I'll help you clean them off again Saturday morning though.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby AO » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:56 am

Tee pads were spotless. Thanks for clearing them! It looks like another front today and tomorrow. Saying 7 inches of snow.
AO

Postby bkoliver » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 am

First time playing all 18 at Wildcat and first time snow discing as well, had a great time. Saturday was a beatiful day. Course was awesome. Keep up the awesome work!
bkoliver

Postby Nohr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 pm

back nine's pads are clear. Only sooo much daylight
Nohr

Postby Schirm » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 pm

How did it play today Dustin? Are discs getting buried in the new 3 inches of snow?

Last Sunday was the best day I've had out there, where the snow was hard and crusty on top so nothing buried. It also helped that I exclusively threw a Stingray. You never lose the ones that you don't care about.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Postby Crager » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Nohr wrote:back nine's pads are clear. Only sooo much daylight

Thanks Dustin, :D
I will try to get out there after work tonight to get the front done .
Crager

Postby Nohr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Schirm wrote:How did it play today Dustin? Are discs getting buried in the new 3 inches of snow?

There was alot of fresh powder out there. I didn't have any problems with it b/c everything was fresh (eg only my tracks/disc tracks were out there). But yea discs were getting burried under 3-4 inches of powder. The thing that freaked me out was I could see the trail of the disc. But at the end my disc wasn't under there. Several times I had to go a foot or 2 past where I thought it was before finding it.

So be careful. Only throw one shot. Remember to get a point of reference and you are good to go.

Crager...I did a piss poor job on the steps. I didn't put that much effort into it. I would walk. Fall down a little bit and turn around and try to find the step. Didn't work out too well.
Nohr

Postby AO » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Can you move Wildcat closer to Cedar Rapids?
AO

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:23 pm

AO wrote:Can you move Wildcat closer to Cedar Rapids?

Nope, it wouldn't be Wildcat then. :wink:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Grimm » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 pm

It's just that initial 10 mile stretch from CR/Hiawatha to Center Point that sucks. I know it's only 10 miles but it seems to take forever. It takes longer but is more enjoyable and doesn't seem as long if you go through Palo or Robbins. The best part is Hillbilly Holler if you take the correct gravel road from Wildcat to Center Point. Very scenic.
Grimm

Postby AO » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Grimm wrote:

It's just that initial 10 mile stretch from CR/Hiawatha to Center Point that sucks. I know it's only 10 miles but it seems to take forever. It takes longer but is more enjoyable and doesn't seem as long if you go through Palo or Robbins. The best part is Hillbilly Holler if you take the correct gravel road from Wildcat to Center Point. Very scenic.

Yeah, there are some cool back roads in the area. Pre-OWI I used to road trip all around that area but that was years ago.
AO

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 am

AO wrote:
Grimm wrote:

Yeah, there are some cool back roads in the area. Pre-OWI I used to road trip all around that area but that was years ago.

Having grown up in Center Point, I could drive all those roads blindfolded.
They were the best way to get from point A to point B before I-380 was built. We'd always take a "lap" around town on the gravel roads to get away.
Ahhhh, teenage memories. :lol:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Crager » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:35 am

The front pads are mostly clear , I did not get to A,B, or C or the steps going down 8 and 9 .
Lots of snow 8 plus inches , then we got about 3/4 inch last night .
Crager

Postby hyzerman16234 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
AO wrote:
Grimm wrote:

Having grown up in Center Point, I could drive all those roads blindfolded.
They were the best way to get from point A to point B before I-380 was built. We'd always take a "lap" around town on the gravel roads to get away.
Ahhhh, teenage memories. :lol:

You remember those years? They're kind of hazy for me. :lol:
hyzerman16234

PreviousNext

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff