2010 tags

Information about the Iowa Tour.

Moderator: shane

Postby Sprague » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:35 pm

shane wrote:ummmm guys the bag tag finally was at the last Iowa Tour stop. We awarded people prizes for the tags they brought in. Just as advertised. As far as handing out next years tags at the last tourney that's all good if they purchase them, otherwise I don't get it.

I would gladly purchase next years at the finale and think other people would do the same - sorry missed the finale :wink:

Great job with the Iowa Tour Shane, it's been a great success.

Having the new seasons tags would give everyone something to start playing for during the winter months...
Sprague

Postby Clue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Sprague wrote:Having the new seasons tags would give everyone something to start playing for during the winter months...

First, it must be rough not having the coveted BW belt to play for.

Second, who wants to play in the winter?
Clue

Postby Luv2Disc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:08 pm

Only the craziest of the DIE-HARD discgolfers out there!!! Look at it like Rocky IV (I think) when he faced the Russian.. He didn't need indoor training or advanced technology, just getting out in the cold and pushing himself against the elements!
Luv2Disc

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:38 pm

TheMachete wrote:Only the craziest of the DIE-HARD discgolfers out there!!! Look at it like Rocky IV (I think) when he faced the Russian.. He didn't need indoor training or advanced technology, just getting out in the cold and pushing himself against the elements!

psh, i'll just stick with the steroids and indoor training.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:21 pm

shane wrote:ummmm guys the bag tag finally was at the last Iowa Tour stop. We awarded people prizes for the tags they brought in. Just as advertised. As far as handing out next years tags at the last tourney that's all good if they purchase them, otherwise I don't get it.

I think Chris is on to something. I like the Idea of next year’s tags available at the finale. You could offer up some deal like the top 3 finishers get there tags for the next year for free and get said # tags for the following year at the finale. This would start the season earlier and draw more and extended interest. You could sell the next year’s tags to anyone interspersed at the finale as well. Really the only thing that would have to happen is ordering the next years tags before the finale. It’s actually a pretty simple idea and would generate more marketing and interest.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby shane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Don't take me wrong I'm not against it at all. I have some ideas of who will get what for free. The one thing to remember the more you hand out for free the less money in the pool for the following year.

On the other side I kind of like having a tour set up before I start selling tags for it, hence the tourneys to do it. :wink:
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Sprague » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:55 am

Not sure if I'm understanding...are you saying the next year is usually in question at the finale? I would think that even if the tour did not occur, a bag tag finale could still happen - I wouldn't be opposed to my money going to the food bank or something similar if something with the Iowa Tour fell through.
Sprague

Postby Clue » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:27 pm

Sprague wrote:Not sure if I'm understanding...are you saying the next year is usually in question at the finale? I would think that even if the tour did not occur, a bag tag finale could still happen - I wouldn't be opposed to my money going to the food bank or something similar if something with the Iowa Tour fell through.

In theory it all makes perfect sense, but I certainly understand Shane's side of things. A lot can happen between Oct and Mar. I'd want the break to decide whether I want to take on the responsibility again the following year.
Clue

Postby Luv2Disc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:10 pm

So are the tags gonna be on a first come first serve basis like last year? When's the first tourny you'll be handling them at?
Luv2Disc

Postby eddiemac » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded."
eddiemac

Postby shane » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Tags are guys. I still have to get them mailed out to Iron Lion and Vicious Circle though. We will have them for sale at Osky though.
shane

Postby Detra319 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Can I mail a money order or something? Not gonna be at osky, and got a couple vacations coming up these next couple weeks.
Detra319

Postby Clue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 pm

shane wrote:Tags are guys.

Freudian slip?
Clue

Postby peyton » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 am

Saturday @ Middle I found an Iowa bag tag, if you lost it send me a pm with the number and I will get it back to you. Otherwise I will get it back to Shane to reprocess.
peyton

Postby shane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 am

Thanks Doug.
shane

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tour