2010 tags

Information about the Iowa Tour.

Moderator: shane

Postby Nohr » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Buzzznation wrote:
Nohr, this deal with the Bag Tags criticism is ridiculous. Sure, the more perks the better. But what you're saying is like me complaning about not gettnig anything in a pro tournament for not cashing. I paid my $50 and got nothing to show for it. That's part of the game.

I am going to count to ten and not list all my "complaints". I guess the short and sweet of the deal is

If it ain't broken don't fix it

(that and my ideas are stupid hard to implement)
Nohr

Postby Clue » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Nohr wrote:(that and my ideas are stupid hard to implement)

This.
Clue

Postby Sprague » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:06 pm

KzQbn3 wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:
Sprague wrote:I would love to see the new season tags at the season finale...

2 Reasons

1 Everyone should be there, so there could be a ceremonial type handing out of the tags based on performance during the season.

2 Winter play can be enjoyed knowing that your tag is going toward next year, instead of trying to defend the number 1 tag when all you want to do is screw around.

Happy 2010 Tour everyone!

That I know of, you are the only person that wont play for a tag.

Technically, if we were still playing for tags? The number 1 should be mine thanks to Wildcat Bluff....no worries though. I'll just get it this year....lmao

I've always played for my tags.

Chase I played at West Lake the last time I played for tags and you were there.

Jay, don't confuse not losing the tag with "protecting it".

My thought is the tags should end with the season and what a great way to introduce next years tags...sorry for the confusion.

Not sure who the last post was from, but as I've experienced - when you don't collect your tag after winning you lose your tag.
Last edited by Sprague on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sprague

Postby AO » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm

I thought Arrango won the #1 tag at Wildcat?
AO

Postby irban » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Sprague wrote: Winter play can be enjoyed knowing that your tag is going toward next year, instead of trying to defend the number 1 tag when all you want to do is screw around.

I know! I hate having to defend the #1 tag all winter.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby crazykrug » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Buzzznation wrote:
irban wrote: Are you saying if I beat you or Claring, you could weasel out of turning over your tag, because I forgot to challenge you? Man that's too complicated.

Something for this season, we should do a Bushwhacker bag tag challenge at every tourney. Something to add to the mix.

Isn't that what the belt and Hee-Haw disc were for? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
crazykrug

Postby Sprague » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:50 pm

irban wrote:
Sprague wrote: Winter play can be enjoyed knowing that your tag is going toward next year, instead of trying to defend the number 1 tag when all you want to do is screw around.

I can only say this from experience barely, most years I end the season with double digits, but after a long season, I do look forward to throwing rounds using just fun, ill advised, and sometimes reckless shots. I think it's an honor to finish the season with #1 tag so this would limit some of the fun.

I do think it would be cool to have a FINISH LINE for the tags that coincided with the SEASON FINALE.

It would be neat to have Shane calling out the next seasons tags during the awards ceremony, handing them out in order of how you placed - it would feel like you were getting a trophy for participating - players could buy next years tags during registration.

IMO
Sprague

Postby Sprague » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:01 pm

AO wrote:I thought Arrango won the #1 tag at Wildcat?

He did - and crazy too! We were talking about him getting his first win or something like that the night before while camping and the same thing with Nydle, we were talking about him getting a teebird and had he won a tournament yet, and then he won his first the next day in Burlington with a teebird in his bag...pretty cool.
Sprague

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Sprague wrote:

He did - and crazy too! We were talking about him getting his first win or something like that the night before while camping and the same thing with Nydle, we were talking about him getting a teebird and had he won a tournament yet, and then he won his first the next day in Burlington with a teebird in his bag...pretty cool.

But never got it.

I dont know about West Lake, whatever. All I know is your about the toughest person to get a real round of golf out of ever, which is why I stopped trying years ago.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Sprague » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
Sprague wrote:

But never got it.

I dont know about West Lake, whatever. All I know is your about the toughest person to get a real round of golf out of ever, which is why I stopped trying years ago.

Well since the last year I've been getting off work at 7pm and anyone that knows me would know that I practice a lot. I feel like it's more important to get a quantity of throws (shooting a 50 means 18-30 putts and 18 or more drives - that just doesn't compete with the Nikko Locastros of the world.)

Camden II has been a time drain for me as well, which is very rewarding, so I have no complaints, but it does pull me away from playing (with it 'clean' now I can play a lot more in the winter)

So Chase please don't let your perception from 2years ago keep you from calling or texting if you wanna get a round in, sometimes that's all it takes (all practice and no play can be bad as well)

Peace
Sprague

Postby Sprague » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:44 pm

As far as Dave not getting it - he had it for a day , and we played again either the next day or a couple of days later, I won it back...(this is how I remember it)(I might be thinking of TJ - I rode with Dave - so it doesn't seem like we would have not exchanged tags, but I could be wrong)
Sprague

Postby Sprague » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:40 am

I knew something wasn't adding up - Dave came from the second card to win if I'm not mistaken. 9 Open players, and we played together the first round - I thought Doogie and l tied for 1st only to hear that Dave killed it to pass us...guess perception is more important than reality.
Sprague

Postby KzQbn3 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Sprague wrote:
irban wrote:

I can only say this from experience barely, most years I end the season with double digits, but after a long season, I do look forward to throwing rounds using just fun, ill advised, and sometimes reckless shots. I think it's an honor to finish the season with #1 tag so this would limit some of the fun.

I do think it would be cool to have a FINISH LINE for the tags that coincided with the SEASON FINALE.

It would be neat to have Shane calling out the next seasons tags during the awards ceremony, handing them out in order of how you placed - it would feel like you were getting a trophy for participating - players could buy next years tags during registration.

IMO

I agree with Sprague on this.

As for me not getting the tag after Wildcat... It really doesn't matter me. This is all fun for me. "Most Fun Wins"!!!

Having it end officially at the last Iowa Tour stop would be pretty neat. I must agree. It would also give us more time to promote and sell the tags for the upcoming year. Leading to more money for the tour. Great Idea Sprague.
KzQbn3

Postby Doogie31517 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:10 pm

All I remember is racing horses till ?? in the morning, waking up puking up milk on Sprague's tent, then FB was wearing a life vest and carring around a butt plug.... forgot about tags.
ITS PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY TIME!
| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-----)_)
http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru-Legacy- ... 4.html?r=1"]2005 Subaru Legacy GT: 12.305 @ 113.090 MPH
Doogie31517

Postby shane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm

ummmm guys the bag tag finally was at the last Iowa Tour stop. We awarded people prizes for the tags they brought in. Just as advertised. As far as handing out next years tags at the last tourney that's all good if they purchase them, otherwise I don't get it.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tour