ruddsky

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:01 pm

I like them, they catch great for me.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Single L » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:14 pm

porkchop wrote:The best catching basket on the market, IMO, is the Gateway Titan; however they are not cheap and not readily available. The chain holder construction is also much weaker than the rest.

To add to what I said before ........ They are great catching baskets. They have a 3 tiered chain configuration, like the rest, but in a unique configuration. The chains seem a bit heavier and they have a thick steel ring that holds the chains compared to the others that have thin rings. I think this is part of what makes them catch better. On that note I really dislike their chain holder construction. As you can see the chain holder just doesn’t look as stout on the Titan. The top of the Titan only has one ring of metal holding everything together, where the other 2 have 2 rings; much bulkier and stronger construction. Joe T (Spikehyzer on the forum) as a Titan and the top of his is bent a little and he only uses this at home. If you are buying this for personal use than this will not be a major factor, but if you are looking at this for a public course, I don't think the Titan would hold up well.

"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:20 am

Yeah...I am guessing that the Gateway wasn't taking into account a 5 year old climbing on basket and flipping it over when they designed it. My titan was one of the first one's they every made though. The newer version are much more sturdy. And I have to agree with Chop...the Titan is hands down the best catching basket on the market.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:35 am

yeah, I'll echo that. They catch great. Eagle Point has them, in Clinton, I believe.
GDL17921

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:18 am

Yes they do.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby irban » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:32 am

Then there's the old argument about whether the best catching basket is best for practice. What happens when your backyard basket is sucking them all in, then you go to a Mach 1 course? Kind of like setting your basketball hoop at 9 1/2 feet? Should we all have cones in our back yard, or a garbage can with a rake.

Admittedly not as much fun, and there is the confidence factor. If you're making more, you start to get more confident and aggressive . Probably doesn't make much difference really. Plus you also use temp baskets for tournaments, when it is good to have better quality.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Return to Ask the State Coordinator