2010 tags

Information about the Iowa Tour.

Moderator: shane

Postby Cydisc » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 am

I might even get a tag this year.

Can't wait to dodge my first challenge...
Cydisc

Postby rightcunnin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Here is the simple version of tags:
1) when in a tourney or league play, they are on the line within your group no exceptions. This is a mandatory tag challenge. This trumps any and all side action/out of group tag challenges

2) during casual rounds you have the option to play for your tag. It can be in group or out of group and just to repeat, you do not have to play for your tag in casual rounds. Just be prepared for a lot of sh!t from your friends if you decline a tag challenge :D

That's it

The biggest problem I see with "checking in" with tags at tourney is everybody will start bugging the td's to know who has the best tag and why they should be on that card etc etc. If I were a td I'd most likely getting really annoyed. As long as the above rules are followed there should be no problems.

Hope this helps
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby irban » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 pm

rightcunnin wrote:2) during casual rounds you have the option to play for your tag. It can be in group or out of group and just to repeat, you do not have to play for your tag in casual rounds. Just be prepared for a lot of sh!t from your friends if you decline a tag challenge :D

I totally disagree with the optional part. My understanding is every time you play, if you have a tag it is on the line. What's so hard about that? You shouldn't even have to bring it up until the end of the round.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby rightcunnin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:43 pm

irban wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:2) during casual rounds you have the option to play for your tag. It can be in group or out of group and just to repeat, you do not have to play for your tag in casual rounds. Just be prepared for a lot of sh!t from your friends if you decline a tag challenge :D

I totally disagree with the optional part. My understanding is every time you play, if you have a tag it is on the line. What's so hard about that? You shouldn't even have to bring it up until the end of the round.

It's always been optional on casual rounds. I don't know anyone who has ever declined a challenge but that option has always been there.

2007 rules

Now, get off my lawn ya damn kids!
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby irban » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Well, maybe on the Iowa Tour bag tag freakin' science exam rules. Besides, I was thinking these rules were meant to handle off card challenges, presuiming on card challenges are automatic.

Bag tags in the past were just for fun and bragging rights. Why complicate a good thing? I don't ever remember talking about tags before the round, I don't even think about them until the end anyway. Are you saying if I beat you or Claring, you could weasel out of turning over your tag, because I forgot to challenge you? Man that's too complicated.

I never understood challenges either. If the on card tag swap, trumps the off card challenge, the only time a challenge can be completed is if the guy you challenge keeps his tag, or no one else on the card has a tag. Unless you talk the whole card into it, I guess. Seems like your're worrying about the wrong thing, devoting that much time to tag challenges.

Finally everybody pays the same amount for their tag, why should better players get more shots at a higher tag anyway? Seems like half the fun to suck at the game, and still keep your high tag by luck or happenstance.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Nohr » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:11 am

This might make it more confusion but I would like to see an order of challenges (like order of operations in math)

Your Card is the most important
A challenge from same division might be next
A challenge from a higher division might be next

So you play your round figure out what tags go where. Then if a buddy of yours challenged you AFTER you do you cards swapping you deal with his challenge.

Don't take this the wrong way. But what are the advantages of getting an Iowa Tour tag? I know discs/bags are given away at the end that is cool. But for all the events you play all you might get is a shot a some CTPs. What about like preferred treatment or something for bag tag holders. Some examples might be closer ending holes to Tournament central. Better shot at getting a players pack (if available). Discount on entry fees ($1-$2). These are just ideas.

Shane if someone came to you and said "well I probably won't get a low enough tag to get a bag, and I doubt I could get a cpt. Is it still worth me buying one?" How can you convince them of. It probably isn't fair saying that cpt part b/c if you did hit one then it pretty much pays for your tag (probably above and beyond it)
Nohr

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 am

nice ramble post Dustin.
GDL17921

Postby Nohr » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:25 am

LOL I was taught that in high school. Believe it or not it works out really good on essays. Stupid teachers/profs get confused but agree with your points so they just give you a good grade.
Nohr

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 am

For buying a tag you get a shot at winning (this is for last year) over a 100 bucks in items (bag and frisbee's) You also have a chance to win a CTP at every IA tour stop. If you win one CTP it has pretty much paid for itself. But not everyone will come out on top. Some wont get anything. Just like throwing money into an ace pot. 50 or people do it. And usually no more then 1 takes it home......
SARG27044

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 am

You can still have off card challenges whenever you want also. But you have to switch tags w/ those on your card first before you switch w/ friends. If you have the 2 your buddy has the 3 and you challenge off card, you might be switch totally diff tags at the end of the day w/ your buddy
SARG27044

Postby shane » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:03 am

Nohr wrote:LOL I was taught that in high school. Believe it or not it works out really good on essays. Stupid teachers/profs get confused but agree with your points so they just give you a good grade.

I lost track and I'm not a teacher. This ain't teeball, not everyone is going to win.

IOWA TOUR PAYOUTS 2009
12 ctps @ $40 each $480 (on holes everyone can reach t rest is up to you)
5 Phenix Disc Sports bags valued @$400 (1 random draw, 2 open-adv, 2 Int-rec 1 guy won one with a tag in the 30's)
36 discs for bags valued @ $504
Cash payouts for Open/ Masters $555
Merch payouts for the rest $815
Total of $$$ 2754.00

Not bad if you ask me for $20.00
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Nohr » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm

shane wrote:I lost track and I'm not a teacher. This ain't teeball, not everyone is going to win.

You can look at as I am complaining I didn't win anything

but the intent was to try and help you better your product (The tags). Offer more perks and you should see more usage.
Nohr

Postby shane » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Norh, I understand what your saying to a point. Some of the things your mentioning are a bit out there though. I'm not sure if you've ever ran or help run a tourney but I'm not willing to ask 12 tds to discount players with tags. It defeats the whole purpose of $2.00 of every entry fee going to the EDGE program. As far as placing certain people in certain groups half the fun is how random everything is. And being concerned where someone finishes bisn't nearly as important as to having a good flow to the tourney so there aren't backups.

I really do appreciate the fact that your trying to brainstorm some ideas, I really do. So far the logistics of making some of them happen, well basically it would just be a pain in the td's ass. I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.

Oh by the way I think someone won a bag in the int/rec div with a tag in the 30's.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 am

Nohr wrote:LOL I was taught that in high school.

Wait, you were on Lewellen's debate team, too? lol (like ur bro, not me)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 am

irban wrote: Are you saying if I beat you or Claring, you could weasel out of turning over your tag, because I forgot to challenge you? Man that's too complicated.

The way I look at it, if nothing is said prior to the round your tag is up for grabs. In other words you are accepting the challene unless you mention otherwise for casual rounds anyways.

Something for this season, we should do a Bushwhacker bag tag challenge at every tourney. Something to add to the mix.

Nohr, this deal with the Bag Tags criticism is ridiculous. Sure, the more perks the better. But what you're saying is like me complaning about not gettnig anything in a pro tournament for not cashing. I paid my $50 and got nothing to show for it. That's part of the game.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tour