Best Large Bag

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Postby Single L » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:03 pm

I have the Competition bag ...... They will fit in the holders (so will a High Life qt) but you have to squeeze them in a bit. I think they will slide right into the holders on the Discarrier. I ordered mine online so I didn't have a chance to look at it in person. The ones everyone else had at the time were the Discarrier; I thought I didn't need that much disc space. The side pockets looked decent online but they are really small. It holds plenty of discs, but not enough room for gear, etc. I wish I would have ordered the Discarrier, but I make do with what the one I have.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby gretagun » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:30 pm

I'll chime in on my GB Silverback. This bag has been perfect for ME as far as size, weight, and comfort is concerned. I can fit 15 discs in the main compartment and easily fit two Wizards in the putter pouch. I also think it is well designed and I like some of the features like velcro straps for an umbrella or stool, pencil/pen holders, the mesh on the pockets, which are great for sunflower seeds/snacks, & I like how the water bottle holders are attached to the bag itself, and not the side pockets.

I have not had one single problem with the frame yet. It doesn't come undone and does it's job well. With that being said, and my OCD added to the mix, I did use a hacksaw to cut off the extra threads so they are plush with the plastic end dividers, and not sticking into the side of the bag. I could see these wearing through the fabric with time, but now I have eliminated that. If you don't like the PVC frame, the accrodian style dividers from Innova fit perfectly. I'm not sure how the new velcro dividers would work, but I imagine they would fit as well.
"Got to sinking in the place where I once stood.
Now I ain't living like I should"
gretagun

Postby gretagun » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Forgot to add that I use Quadshocks on my bag it rides well.
"Got to sinking in the place where I once stood.
Now I ain't living like I should"
gretagun

Postby anubis080 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:24 pm

What exactly do you mean by "cut off the extra threads"?
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Single L » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:01 pm

The threads on the connector are a little more than a 1/4 inch long and the corrugated plastic is only an 1/8inch thick, so you have extra threads that rub on your bag and could in theory rub through. However I would think removing the extra threads would make it easier for the threads to come out of the plastic more often. With the extra threads my hold bags frame came apart all the time.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby IHearChains » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:36 am

AO wrote:You can also look into Phenix and Gorilla Boy Bags. Phenix has the Line X coating on the bottom of the bag so should never tear.

+1

I have a Phenix Streamline bag + quadshocks, I like it a lot. Very comfortable to carry, no rubbing or discomfort on the back at all, and that truck bed liner coating is excellent. Can easily hold 14 discs inside plus 1 or 2 putters outside, and still has space for windbreaker, extra towels, etc. Also I like the water resistant bag cover that unfolds from a zipper compartment.

http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/streamline.html

But for most casual rounds I just carry 8-10 discs in my small Innova bag. The energy savings add up over a couple rounds.
IHearChains

Postby Captain » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Disc golf bag prayers have been answered!!!

Custom Designed Bags

http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/store/i ... ucts_id=20
Captain

Postby cmlasley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:46 pm

It's b-e-a-utiful. :roll:
Morgan Lasley

When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley

Postby irban » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:21 pm

~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby anubis080 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:35 pm

haha, self-post for the win :)
anubis080

Postby Single L » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Did you end up getting a new bag? If so what did you go with?
Single L

Postby Cydisc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:19 am

irban wrote:Image

It shoots discs and beers!
Cydisc

Postby irban » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:38 am

Cydisc wrote:
irban wrote:Image

It shoots discs and beers!

Makes more putts than I do too.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby anubis080 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:41 am

Haha, well, I have my bag "rigged" for now... I have decided to save up my money to buy a Revolution bag this coming season. It seems like for the money it is a superior build to anything else. Great internal frame, truck vinyl bottom, and the best Denier of any bag I have seen yet: all for a price that competes with the others. Rust and Grey colored one for me :)

I hope there's enough room for my water mocs :)
anubis080

Postby z-man » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:01 am

I have found that if you don't treat your bag like sh*t...it lasts quite a while...I've had my current cheap innova bag for 3 years going on 4...I have a replacement (which I won hitting 16 out of 20 putts in a putting contest) stored away in the closet but haven't had to use it because my current bag just keeps on truckin...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

PreviousNext

Return to The Rest