Best Large Bag

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Postby Single L » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:50 pm

anubis080 wrote:My main thing that I am looking for is sturdy hookups for quad shocks. Innova ones just shredded the other day. The material that was holding the D-rings on the bag just completely tore off...

How old is you innova bag?? Is it the new style??
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby anubis080 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:55 pm

I couldnt even tell you! it is not a dual color one. It is an older model I believe...
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Cydisc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I could write a big long testimonial on my Revo Cackacky bag. It would involve stuffing 2 bottled beverages in the two insulated bev pockets and 4 more in the two end pockets with ice and still carrying a camera, snacks and 9-12 discs during Texas Hill Country rounds. I'd also mention using it as an airline carry on bag and stuffing it in the overhead compartment a number of times. Did I mention the ease in carrying the thing with the quad-shoks?
Cydisc

Postby Single L » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm

anubis080 wrote:I couldnt even tell you! it is not a dual color one. It is an older model I believe...

So therefore you have the old model that nobody liked and everybody knows are of poor quality. I was wary when I heard of the new Innova bags, then I checked them out, and now I'm sold on them. Take nothing away from the Revo Bags, they are great bags, but at that price they might not be an option for you. I would suggest checking out the new Innova bags when you are at Irion Lion. Obviously you don't have to get one on my account, but at least give them a look and see if you think Innova has fixed the problems you have experienced in the past.
Last edited by Single L on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Captain » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 pm

AO wrote:You can also look into Phenix and Gorilla Boy Bags. Phenix has the Line X coating on the bottom of the bag so should never tear.

I've been tempted to get Gorilla's Simian bag. It definitely holds enough stuff for all circumstances, plus a chair built in. But at $200. :shock: :shock:

I also have been looking around for a smaller bag, which I think I would use more frequently. Especially in the summer when you only need a few discs and a water bottle holder. Maybe the Revo mini bag, or something else by Gorilla.
Captain

Postby Peil » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Captain wrote:I also have been looking around for a smaller bag, which I think I would use more frequently. Especially in the summer when you only need a few discs and a water bottle holder. Maybe the Revo mini bag, or something else by Gorilla.

I just got a Gorilla Boy Chimpanzee and the thing is great. Mine holds 14 in the main compartment and two in the putter pocket. It also has plenty of pockets and an insulated drink holder. You should check it out.
Peil

Postby anubis080 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Hmmmm, for the money it seems like the newer Innova one or the Gorilla Boy bags would be the way to go. I will definitely have to check the new Innova bags when I go there.

Peily, do you have quadshox on your Gorilla? Is it a comfortable/well built?
anubis080

Postby Peil » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:42 am

anubis080 wrote:Peily, do you have quadshox on your Gorilla? Is it a comfortable/well built?

I do not have quad shocks hooked up to my bag but it does have the four point hook ups so that you could if you wanted to. The shoulder strap that comes with it is pretty comfortable so I haven't felt the need to invest in quad shocks yet but I'm sure they are very nice to have.
Peil

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:09 am

GB bags are nice too. I would say they are equally well constructed when compared to a Revo. The GB Kong is a monster of a bag.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Peil » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:33 am

Oh yeah, I forgot the comfortable/well built part of the question. Yes, my bag is comfortable, even with just the shoulder strap. They are very well built and I would agree that the quality is comparable to Revolution bags (I also own a Revolution Mini.) Gorilla Boy also offers a one year warranty on their bags.
Peil

Postby anubis080 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Sold, I'll get a Gorilla Boy bag; that way I'll have something different as well :P
anubis080

Postby Single L » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Note: Gorilla Boy uses the PVC and corrugated plastic frame system, much like Gateway bags. That frame was the worst part of my Gateway Backpack; the frame was not very sturdy, and if you happened to over stuff your bag by only one disc the tube would slip out of the connector or the connector would come out of the corrugated plastic. Also the corners of the corrugated plastic rubbed the shit out of my back, might be different on a bag with QS as it does not sit as high on your back. This style of divider / frame is by far the worst on the market.

Single L

Postby anubis080 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm

I've never even had an internal frame in a bag! An excellent point brought up...how well would it work without a frame in it, I wonder.
anubis080

Postby Single L » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Not very well if you ask me. The frame holds the shape of the bag, also keeps the discs off the ground, stands them upright and in order. Without one you might as well carry your gym bag with your discs floating all over the place in it.

Revo makes a very solid frame called the roll cage. It however is a little bulky and can still rub on your back. It is by far the best solid frame on the market.

http://discgolfer.com/image.php?type=T&id=16150

Innova's new bags come with a soft frame / cradle. It’s basically just a thin piece of plastic wrapped in fabric. It uses Velcro on the inner supports to hold it all together. It is very light and very comfortable. I have used it for over a year and have had no problems with it. The one issue is that it is not easy to adjust the dividers. But for me I have the same line up for the most part and I don't ever have the need to adjust them.

Single L

Postby anubis080 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 pm

OK, so my BIG question with those Competition Innova bags: I saw that they have two drink holders. Will these hold Nalgene Bottles? I saw on the site that they hold 32 oz bottles, but it shows it with sports bottles, not Nalgene :P
anubis080

PreviousNext

Return to The Rest