good course?

good course?

Postby NateTimmerman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:06 pm

anyone know what this course is like?
NateTimmerman

Re: good course?

Postby irban » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:39 am

NateTimmerman wrote:anyone know what this course is like?

Is this the one Sprague helped design?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Sprague » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:06 am

Yes I designed it, with some final help and evaluation from Jon Latch.

Centerville Disc Golf is a city park with mature oaks and rolling hills. Homemade baskets that are made wrong (the actual basket is dropped lower - misunderstanding - the park guy put them in the ground to where they were about a foot to tall so I said "you need to lower the baskets they are too tall" when we came back only the baskets were lowered not the chain supports!

The course is a blue/white level design (intermediate/Advanced), comparable to Grandview in feel and length. There are also some holes with visually deceptive greens that are easy to throw short, but gain speed and you could easily blow by (hole 2). My personal best was -11 and the first ace was thrown by Chris Claring on hole 4(?). There are two amateur par 4's that can be reached or almost reached by a big pro throw, but will challenge new players to get their 3.

The unfortunate thing was that some of the original design was changed by a local who thought he was helping. After Jon Latch and I went down to finalize the design, someone came in behind us and sprayed different tees (Hole 13 I believe)and a couple of other minor changes - the new teepad ended up near a wash out and played directly towards the next teepad (not my DESIGN!!) sorry this hole may appear dangerous (and is).

Overall the course remained fairly unchanged, except hole 18 may have changed due to construction (?) I haven't been there for a few years.

I very much enjoyed playing it, despite it's relatively recreational feel to the pros - It should be fun challenging for 850-950 rated players and everyone over 950 will find lots of birdie opps!

Hope this helps.
Sprague

Postby Sprague » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Here's a quick edit of a walk through that Jon Latch and I did back in 2002.

Centerville Disc Golf
Sprague

Postby bambino78 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:25 pm

just wanted to know if they where going to put cement teepads in
bambino78

Return to Centerville - Centerville DGC