Forehand throwing

Learn to throw from local experts.

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Sidearm wrote:In order to throw maximum distance using my sidearm "s" shot, I have to throw the disc higher. If I throw it too low, I don't give the disc enough time to "s" or "flex". Grant Weaver does a nice job of this on hole #13 at Ewing & I've also seen him throw it pin-high on hole #8 at Big Creek using an X-Cal. I've also had quite a bit of success using a Star X-Cal for long distance "s" shots, but, within reason, any disc will do. IMHO, angle of release, snap, arm speed & the heighth of your throw (trajectory?) are far more important than what disc you pull out of the bag.
-------MOST CONSISITENT SIDE ARMER EVER...Jus Sayin
SARG27044

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:47 pm

Yesterday it clicked... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

went to Newton and was trying diffrent things so I thought about keeping the fingers together (which I have never cared for) (but it has been a while sence I have tried it that way) and it came together........ Still need to work out a couple of things but I had some nice 250 ft S. I also slowed down on my throws and I had to keep them a little higher than I like but will keep working on it.

Still dont mean crap if you can get within 20 ft of the basket and miss your putt though :( One problem at a time

Thanks for the responce guys
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Just got my Whippet today and started playing in the street with my son in law and I couldnt be happier. Ever forehand throw was a perfect S. He cant throw forehand shots but he gave it a try and he got a nice S out of too. :D
Definitely will find room in my bag for another disc
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby robizm » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:28 pm

forehand is what I think is my best shot/release - i get alot more distance from forehand than backhand (where Im losing power through the legs before release)

for a nice 'S' i practiced alot in the soccer fields at jones (now its that baseball field) and found the right angle to release anhyzer. I use just 1 finger underneath but that's my preference.

I prefer a disc that wants to turn over right away for a big long 'S' like a Champion Groove. For a nice hyzer shot I throw a Champion Wraith

I am so much more accurate for medium sized upshots throwing forehand as well and i use a old ass banged up Whippet for that.
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Previous

Return to Throwing Technique