Saint's Championship Offseason Overview

Sports related topics.

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:03 pm

10up wrote:8)

I hate giving praise to teams other than my own. Last night was the first time I've watched a Saints game this year, and I got to say they really are playing at a level higher than the rest of the league. If they don't put up points on a drive consider it a small victory for the opposing team. It will take the Saints beating themselves to suffer a loss this season.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Thank you Steve.

It's going to be a record breaking year. With Drew Brees already leading the NFL in most categories (total yards, TD's, 300+ games, etc) since 2006. Darren Sharper closing in on Rod Woodsen's all time NFL Interception return yards and returns for TD records. It's a very real possibility that the NFL MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, and Defensive Player of the Year are on New Orleans.

And with Tracy Porters pick 6 last night that puts us on 5 for the year. The record is 8 by the Rams in 1998. We also play Jake "PickSix" Delhomme twice in the next few weeks.

I can't wait to see Minnesota in the postseason. I will have to come back to Des Moines, get a fleur de lis tattooed on my ass, and shove it in a few faces.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby bman12449 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:49 pm

I agree w/Steve, it will take a team with a solid D, and a ball controlled offense. The only other way is a team like the Colts,Cards that can go up and down the field. I think the Saints will have home field advantage for the playoffs. I'm predicting Saints,Cardinals, Eagles,Vikings,Cowboys, last spot is either Giants or Falcons. The Saints play New England on Mon. Nov 30th should be a great test for them.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby 10up » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:22 pm

LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!

you people all suck.
10up

Postby Yeti » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Who Dat, Who Dat, Who Dat Who?

Who dat say day gonna beat dem SAINTS!

Man, the air is so much easier to breath without that Brown Paper Bag over my head. I gave all mine to fans of St Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay and Cleveland.

Let me just say from experience: Sucks to be YOU :cry:
Yeti

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:56 am

Is it too late for me to jump on this bandwagon?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby 10up » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 pm

10up

Postby bman12449 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:32 am

Great game last night, i love watchn the patsy's, and Brady suffer. I think the Saints do need to worry about there kicker though. If it comes down to a game winning field goal it could be scary.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 am

bman12449 wrote:Great game last night, i love watchn the patsy's, and Brady suffer. I think the Saints do need to worry about there kicker though. If it comes down to a game winning field goal it could be scary.
Kickers that miss in a dome need to be fired...Jus Sayin. I have to say that was one game I was rooting for the Pats. I hate all the damn undefeated this and that, that we have to hear every year til they lose. Good game though
SARG27044

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Ok, I'm nervous about the NFC championship game now... I'm praying that the "aints" dont come marching in to that game & blow out the Vikes. IF they do, then I'll be forced to respectfully root for them (unless Indy is in, LOL)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby 10up » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 pm

We're fine at kicker.

John Carney is solid, even at 45. We currently have two kickers on the roster. Carney and Garret Hartley. A few years ago when Sean Payton took over we waived Carney in favor of Olindo Mare. Well... that didn't work out well. Neither did the subsequent signing of Martine Grammatica. Meanwhile, Carney was over in New York having a hell of a season.

Payton is scared to make the same mistake again. Hartley was good last year. He went 13 for 13. But he was suspended the first four games of the season for blowing adderol. If Carney goes down for whatever reason we're still in good shape.

In other news; WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS???!!!

I said it would be a blowout. Nobody ever listens.
10up

Postby Yeti » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Carney played for the Saints from 2001-2006 and was brought back this year as we like those veteran nerves of steel. Heck, the Saints kicked with Morton Anderson until he was 38 and then he played many seasons longer for the Falcons. Carney is 45 though and I would be happier if we just keep scoring touchdowns at will!

Super Proud of that Defense though, wow! Resigning Mike Mckenzie and picking up Ravens CB Chris McAlister was a super smooth move in the wake of some D-Back injuries. I have never seen so many flat routes having to be hit due to great down field coverage. Always need more pass pressure though. Its just like more cowbell, but with harder striking and more ear ringing.

WHO DAT?
Yeti

Postby 10up » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Glad somebody is here who actually understands football Jay.

McKenzie was unbelievable! I actually saw McAlister get beat a few times, but that's going to happen with the Patriots. It's good to see #34 back in black (and gold). He was our best cover corner throughout some dark times. He made some games worth watching when there wasn't much to watch for. He deserves to be on this year's team.

If only we could pick up Deuce.... :cry:
10up

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:42 pm

10up wrote:Glad somebody is here who actually understands football Jay.

McKenzie was unbelievable! I actually saw McAlister get beat a few times, but that's going to happen with the Patriots. It's good to see #34 back in black (and gold). He was our best cover corner throughout some dark times. He made some games worth watching when there wasn't much to watch for. He deserves to be on this year's team.

If only we could pick up Deuce.... :cry:
Thats what teams get when they have multiple former Packers on their team :wink: Both Mac and Sharper are great DB's
SARG27044

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
bman12449 wrote:Great game last night, i love watchn the patsy's, and Brady suffer. I think the Saints do need to worry about there kicker though. If it comes down to a game winning field goal it could be scary.
Kickers that miss in a dome need to be fired...Jus Sayin. I have to say that was one game I was rooting for the Pats. I hate all the damn undefeated this and that, that we have to hear every year til they lose. Good game though

Im fine with it, though I know where your coming from. Im just sick of watching the '72 Dolphins pop that champaign bottle every year celebrating the last undefeated teams loss.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

PreviousNext

Return to Sports