Course still living?

Postby jnecessary » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 am

Unless it clears up soon we won't be out today to move more baskets, it will have to wait for me. I'm busy after tonight until next Wednesday so I'm down to move em then if I have help (from someone with a key) unless they get moved sooner.

Hooray for soon to be dead nettles!
jnecessary

Postby prodiscgolf » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:50 am

Got to play 2 rounds yesterday - one from reds and one from blues. #5 Blue fairway is still wet and the tee hasn't been cleared. Decided to let that go until next year unless that water disappears.

Much to our surprise, someone (don't know who, could have been the city) took a large scoop into the park and removed the sand from #13's two tee areas. They also pulled #16's tee pad away from the river's edge though it needs to be turned a bit to point in the correct direction. Along with the progress comes some damage. #13's long pin with the red stake sticking out of the collar was knocked over. I think the anchor is still good, but need a shovel to replant the anchor.

We still have much work to do out there, but it's playable, and the nettles are starting to disappear for the fall.
prodiscgolf

Postby jnecessary » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:01 pm

I borrowed a towing strap from Brad and dragged the red teepad on 16 back into the correct direction. It has a slight slope to it going down to the left which would be nice to fix somehow, not really sure what to do with it though, maybe jack it up and fill under? Definitely an improvement on having if face left of the left pin, haha.
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:00 am

River is out of the banks and up on the grass at City Park again today 10/30, probably means some Pen holes are flooded.
IHearChains

Postby dischawk » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:54 pm

IHearChains wrote:River is out of the banks and up on the grass at City Park again today 10/30, probably means some Pen holes are flooded.

Yea the river was pretty high this morning, crested just below 20 ft which is nearly flood stage. It gone down a few feet since then and it looks like it will stay low through the weekend before the res starts lettin out more water
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby jnecessary » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:56 pm

dischawk wrote:
IHearChains wrote:River is out of the banks and up on the grass at City Park again today 10/30, probably means some Pen holes are flooded.

Yea the river was pretty high this morning, crested just below 20 ft which is nearly flood stage. It gone down a few feet since then and it looks like it will stay low through the weekend before the res starts lettin out more water

Since I've only been in IA for a little over a year...what does this mean in regards to the basket on 15? At what point are they no longer safe out there? With the water going down I'm sure it is no big deal but would be nice to know in the case they need to be pulled in a hurry sometime.
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:16 pm

jnecessary wrote:Since I've only been in IA for a little over a year...what does this mean in regards to the basket on 15? At what point are they no longer safe out there? With the water going down I'm sure it is no big deal but would be nice to know in the case they need to be pulled in a hurry sometime.

We just had the 500-year flood of 2008 with no damage to the basket. So I guess we're good till the next 1000-yr flood...maybe in the next year or so?
IHearChains

Postby jnecessary » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:31 pm

IHearChains wrote:
jnecessary wrote:Since I've only been in IA for a little over a year...what does this mean in regards to the basket on 15? At what point are they no longer safe out there? With the water going down I'm sure it is no big deal but would be nice to know in the case they need to be pulled in a hurry sometime.

We just had the 500-year flood of 2008 with no damage to the basket. So I guess we're good till the next 1000-yr flood...maybe in the next year or so?

The baskets were not in during the flood, they were only put back in this summer.
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 pm

jnecessary wrote:
IHearChains wrote:

The baskets were moved to a higher flood plain during the flood, they were only put back in this summer.

corrected

1000-year flood...much higher water...
IHearChains

Postby AO » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Played the penn last week. Course was dry and playable.
AO

Previous

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park