What's in your bag?

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Postby freburg36625 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:19 pm

porkchop wrote:
freburg36625 wrote:just because its dx does not make it crappy or different. throw a brand new dx tee bird and a brand new star tee bird and a brand new champion teebird and they all fly the same.

So you’re telling me all types of plastic fly the same for the same mold?? I call ........ don't even tell me your Pro Boss has the same flight as your Champ Boss cause you have an entire thread dedicated to the Pro Boss, I don't see you pimping the Champ Boss
Wow Corey I thought you were smart enough to read I don't see anything in my post about bosses I do however see something about teebirds, and if you want me to prove it to you I can I will throw all of the discs that I mentioned in my post with the same flight, the same distance. If you have a problem with that, then I call bullshit on you. Don't put words in my mouth. and i do believe that i was originally talking about discs for west lake which I can play with just a teebird and a putter. but anyway back to the plastic those types of teebirds that I mentioned all fly stable enough to trust for water shots. sorry i did not clarify
freburg36625
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Rock Island

Postby freburg36625 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:24 pm

The Donator wrote:
freburg36625 wrote:just because its dx does not make it crappy or different. throw a brand new dx tee bird and a brand new star tee bird and a brand new champion teebird and they all fly the same.

This is completely false. Beginners, do not pay attention to this quote.
and what the hell do you know Lindsley, you haven't thrown a new disc since 1995
freburg36625
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Rock Island

Postby The Donator » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 am

freburg36625 wrote:
The Donator wrote:
freburg36625 wrote:just because its dx does not make it crappy or different. throw a brand new dx tee bird and a brand new star tee bird and a brand new champion teebird and they all fly the same.

This is completely false. Beginners, do not pay attention to this quote.
and what the hell do you know Lindsley, you haven't thrown a new disc since 1995

Hmm ive not sure how you know my name as ive never met you, but I assure you I have thrown all the new discs, I just stick with what I know, and it works. I dont throw much Star plastic because they are all overstable and im a hyzer-flipper. I will bet you any amount of money that if I throw a new dx tee bird and a new star tee bird on the same line, the dx bird will land at least 50 feet to the right of the star one.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby freburg36625 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 pm

i know for sure that the dx teebirds that i have are just as stable if not more so than all runs of teebirds. just because you have never met me doesn't make it impossible for me to know who you are. I ask questions when I need to know something. Anyway, maybe you should here it from someone you know. Ask MDR and he will tell you the same thing. New dx teebirds are beefy. As are new dx wraiths and destroyers and rocs and eagles. Those are the only dx discs that I have thrown. Now that I have specified all discs that I know maybe you and corey won't take a specific statement about a specific disc and generalize across the entire innova line of discs
freburg36625
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Rock Island

Postby irban » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:06 pm

Admit I have not thrown a DX driver for a long time. I don't try them for the reasons cited by Lindsley and Corey, they have tended to be less stable right out of the box, and they get beat pretty fast so don't have a long life, at least as far as stability goes.

I guess it is possible the new formulations are more robust. If so, it would be great to be able to buy some $8 discs again. I'm guessing if people start to throw DX because it's just as good as Star, Innova will remedy that pretty quick though.
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5233
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby freburg36625 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:24 pm

dx is definately not better than star in terms of longevity, thats why innova charges twice as much for star. flight is very similar, sometimes better sometimes worse, you know how the same mold can fly differently even in the same plastic
freburg36625
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Rock Island

Postby The Donator » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:39 am

freburg36625 wrote:dx is definately not better than star in terms of longevity, thats why innova charges twice as much for star. flight is very similar, sometimes better sometimes worse, you know how the same mold can fly differently even in the same plastic

Lol you just proved my points for me there, thanx
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby smalls51691 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:49 pm

I believe that he meant that if u have two star discs of the same mold that they can fly very different. for example... if you go buy a red star teebird and then a light blue star teebird that even though they are in the same plastic and the same mold that they would fly very different.. thats one reason when a lot of ppl go buy discs they look for how domie or how flat they are, because even though they are the same disc in the same plastic, they fly much different.
smalls51691
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:16 pm
Location: Grand View College

Postby The Donator » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:37 pm

smalls51691 wrote:I believe that he meant that if u have two star discs of the same mold that they can fly very different. for example... if you go buy a red star teebird and then a light blue star teebird that even though they are in the same plastic and the same mold that they would fly very different.. thats one reason when a lot of ppl go buy discs they look for how domie or how flat they are, because even though they are the same disc in the same plastic, they fly much different.

I know same molds in any type of plastic from Innova will/may fly different...this isnt my first rodeo. I was arguing the dx vs. star plastic point...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:48 pm

The Donator wrote:
freburg36625 wrote:
The Donator wrote:
freburg36625 wrote:just because its dx does not make it crappy or different. throw a brand new dx tee bird and a brand new star tee bird and a brand new champion teebird and they all fly the same.

This is completely false. Beginners, do not pay attention to this quote.
and what the hell do you know Lindsley, you haven't thrown a new disc since 1995

Hmm ive not sure how you know my name as ive never met you, but I assure you I have thrown all the new discs, I just stick with what I know, and it works. I dont throw much Star plastic because they are all overstable and im a hyzer-flipper. I will bet you any amount of money that if I throw a new dx tee bird and a new star tee bird on the same line, the dx bird will land at least 50 feet to the right of the star one.[/
quote]

I call.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby freburg36625 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:02 pm

The Donator wrote:
smalls51691 wrote:I believe that he meant that if u have two star discs of the same mold that they can fly very different. for example... if you go buy a red star teebird and then a light blue star teebird that even though they are in the same plastic and the same mold that they would fly very different.. thats one reason when a lot of ppl go buy discs they look for how domie or how flat they are, because even though they are the same disc in the same plastic, they fly much different.

I know same molds in any type of plastic from Innova will/may fly different...this isnt my first rodeo. I was arguing the dx vs. star plastic point...
the whole point of my argurment was that new dx plastic can be and is as stable as star, and that it is no wonder people throw their second hand dx plastic discs in the drink, because they are used beyond their original flight. your argument was that new star is more stable than new dx.......sometimes i sit here and wonder if you are actually reading what I am writting or if you can actually accept that you are wrong
freburg36625
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Rock Island

Postby The Donator » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Image
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby bambino78 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:44 pm

here is what i got
STAR PLASTIC
boss
wraith
monster
val
cro frst run
rhyno
CHAMP PLASTIC
boss
grove
orc
road runner
viking
monarch
starfire
leopard
rhyno
USDGC CHAMP ROC
PRO PLASTIC
kc teebird
kc banshee
kc roc
R-PRO
dart
DX PLASTIC
special edition leopard
special edition gazelle
dragon
let it fly b****
User avatar
bambino78
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: albia

Postby chez29009 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 pm

bambino78 wrote:here is what i got
STAR PLASTIC
boss
wraith
monster
val
cro frst run
rhyno
CHAMP PLASTIC
boss
grove
orc
road runner
viking
monarch
starfire
leopard
rhyno
USDGC CHAMP ROC
PRO PLASTIC
kc teebird
kc banshee
kc roc
R-PRO
dart
DX PLASTIC
special edition leopard
special edition gazelle
dragon


You carry all that?! Your nuckin futs! :shock:
User avatar
chez29009
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:39 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:55 am

I'll be carrying a couple Katanas from now on. Especially when the pro plastic comes out.
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

PreviousNext

Return to Innova

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron