destroy

destroy

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:11 pm

Has any ever approached a city and asked them if you could dig up their pins and move them, they dont have tee pads just markers adn There is enough room, this couse has been here since '82 and it seems like a waste of good baskets, it would only take an afternoon and 8 guys
frogawitdafizzle

Postby batlord » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:40 am

It's actually not hard to do, really. But you will need to talk to the parks director, or find out if anyone is in charge of maintaining that particular park. And also if there is a local club who designed it or course designer - just common courtesy. I would suggest two options:

1) consider leaving the pins where they are and just changing the tee locations. This will make life easier, and when you propose the idea to the parks people, remind them this won't cost them a dime. That's probably their biggest concern. But you need to have a map of the current layout and a map of your propsed layout to show them. Point out the lack of safety concerns in your new design and point out the increased challenge as well.

2) moving baskets is a pain, but we've done it in the quad cities. We did it by hand (shovel, actually, ha ha). Dig on one side of the basket down to the bottom of the concrete, so you've got a slope. Chain the basket to a pickup truck or skid steer (easy to rent), and drag it out of the hole. We left the chains and cage on the basket, just to save time and didn't end up with any bending (but be careful, just in case). Have 6-8 guys throw the basket into the bed of the truck or bucket of skid steer, and move it to the new location. If you can't get an auger to drill holes, you're back to digging by hand (which is a pain). It's doable, but not "fun". We left the original conrete on the pole and just buried it again. Some people like to break off the concrete and repour, but that's kind of a waste, really.

Either way, you need to have a new layout proposed to the parks people and have their blessing (and help if possible). they may be able to throw a parks guy your direction to make it easier. Sometimes if they're union, they'll want to do all the work themselves with you supervising - that's really nice, but don't count on it...
batlord

Postby kayti1 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:42 pm

i like this park, i drive to it occasionly prolly 10 times in last 2 years and thats from dbq, just remeber where the pins are and get drunk.
kayti1

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:40 pm

you must be drunk to think that this course is worth driving to at all. its an open football field with some baskets. marty you officially take the prize as biggest moron on this forum.
Abe Froman

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:32 pm

I second that.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby kayti1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:20 am

wow you guys are huge assholes, im a moron cuase i drive to parks??? maybe you guys are pussys cuase you dont. its like 15 from winthrop so we always hit both. dbq sux sooo bad a would rather play anywhere else. seriously you guys are unprovoked assholes im the biggest moron on this board BECUASE I DRIVE TO PARKS!!!!! you fucks arent even disc golfers, if you were you would understand. you must be local players who play like 6 rounds a year otherwise you would understand.. i drive toi parks!!!!! who gives a Chuck
kayti1

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 am

how about you drive down to a QC park and play for some $$?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:25 am

watch out, he carries a gun at all times... :roll:
GDL17921

Postby kayti1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:58 am

i cant believe you guys, WINTHROP where my girls family is from HAPPENS TO BE CLOSE TO CENTRAL CITY where that park is, and my girl is a GIRL so she likes it!!!!!! cause its simple, and i have fun so now im an inbred! you guys are Chuckin assholes for real, look at how mean for no reason you hate filled little people. i shouldnt have to EXPLAIN why i like central city to you to avoid being called INBRED and shit like that! who the Chuck you think you are, the internet lets you label things you dont comprehend? you weak little peaople, i do have a gun, with many locks and permits on it, dont be an asshole and your fine. jeez you people must be bored
kayti1

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:01 pm

you haven't explained why you like or don't like anything. You just say it sucks because Stone Cold Said So. No explaination at all...
MDR_3000

Postby kayti1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:08 pm

actually i say i like this park, and some guy calls me aan inbred for liking it, so i guess i need to explain myself to not be called an inbred, stone cold??? who the Chuck is that, your girlfriend when shes sees the size of your dick?
kayti1

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Marty67, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
MDR_3000

Postby 10up » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Fifteen yard penalty, 3rd down. You will be charged with a timeout.

hehe, I've always wanted to use that out of context. 8)

:?
10up

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:48 pm

the inbred comment has alot to do with the crap that you post in all of yer posts, like saying you stole some signs and talking $hit about courses that are good, and saying this one was. ygbfkm. you are a moron and i wish you would show up for some events so we can rate you. poop4u
Abe Froman

Postby Single L » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:52 pm

Marty67, I have no problem with people loving small town courses that suit their game.

I think the major argument with your post is how mad you get at people for not liking those courses. Just because people don't like them does not mean they are inexperience, uneducated, less travel disc golfers that only like big city golf courses.

I hit up any course that I am near on road trips. I play them to see what's out there, some I like most I don't. It's a matter of opinion. One of my favorite courses is in Belle Plaine, a small town. Small town courses are great for expanding the game to communities not exposed to the game, even if the courses are sub-par.

Oh yeah they invented a program called Microsoft WORD it has a handy tool called spell check. You might want to use it from time to time.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Next

Return to Central City - Pinicon Ridge Park