Disc Thieves

Moderator: peyton

Disc Thieves

Postby Nohr » Mon May 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Just got done playing legion tonight. I was playing with a group of 2 other guys. Had a crappy shot on 5. We went looking for my disc and gave up shortly afterwards. We went on to try and find their shots. Couldn't find either one figured the group that went through on us picked them up. Long story short ended up seeing them again confronted them ripped the 2 stolen discs out of a kids bag.

This is the third time this has happened to me at legion. Same situation happened to us on Friday buddy lost a wrath.

What the hell am I just having some bad luck. Or are there a bunch of thieves that play in CR. Granted anyone that reads this isn't one that I have to be worried about. But what is the deal do I need to spot every disc or stop letting people play through?

While we were shooting 13 I yelled to a group shooting 18 to watch their discs. Kid on 16 steals them. They were too little punks on motorcycles.
Nohr

Postby Detra319 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Only ever seen this one other time. Ended up the dude who took the disc was a guy i went to high school with, but I didn't find that out until after my friend threatened to beat his *** if he didn't let him check his bag. Ofc, the disc was in the bag.

But...i wonder what the normal protocol should be? Are you allowed to ask to check someone's bag?
Detra319

Postby Conrad 37988 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Leagaly you are not allowed to search someone elses bag. I think if you are reasonable about the sitch, keep calm, and be polite about it. I think most players would let you search or they could pull out each disc indivually. It's when you lose your head, start yelling/cussing, that is when it gets out of hand.

What grinds my gears about the story is that you where kind to them and let them play thru.

To awnser the question "yes" you should be allowed to search for the above mentioned reasons.
Conrad 37988

Postby dischawk » Tue May 12, 2009 12:31 am

Conler Milrad wrote:Leagaly you are not allowed to search someone elses bag.

and legally you arent supposed to smoke either...

its a dg bag for cryin out loud, if someone stole my discs id do the exact same thing
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby Nohr » Tue May 12, 2009 7:02 am

You could pretty much tell that these kids took them after we asked if they saw our shots on 5. Only one kid had a bag and I peeked inside. He was trying to cover the 2 discs up with the lid of the bag. I just reached over moved the top of the bag saw the colors we were missing in the plastic we were missing. I immediately yanked the discs out and told the kid thats not cool.

The one good thing about this whole run in is that I will have an opportunity to lay into someone on the course. Hopefully I can remember his face well enough that I can procede to cuss him out every time I see him this summer.

It sounds like I am just having some extremely bad luck not a general Cedar Rapids problem. Well that makes me feel better.
Nohr

bs

Postby brox » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:13 am

Thats messed up to say the least. I have "lost" discs before when I knew I through it right. Discs arent cheap either, plus after you spend countless hours breaking them in. Thats f****ed...
brox

Postby anubis080 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 pm

yeah, what sucks is when you're in the water finding your disc and some tennager comes by and grabs 3 discs out of your bag and you don't have a gun at your side.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

New year, new thief

Postby Ruinach » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:58 am

Played Legion yesterday, and got my disc stolen on hole 9 (the blind shot). I shot, and then my friend shot, both pretty good shots that should have been out in the open. We got down to the hole, and saw some kid running down the path holding a disc that was the same color as mine.

My disc is a bright yellow/green bottom-stamp star destroyer, 175g. My name and number are on it.

I'm not positive that it was stolen, but it should have been a good shot, and we looked for a while in case it rolled.

Later in the course, we thought we saw someone who fit the description of the kid we saw running. Confronted him and his group, and they were very willing to show their bags and discs, and we saw nothing.

So if nothing else, a word of caution to anyone at legion... Send a spotter, or at least run down to the pin after you throw. If you have any info on my disc, I'd love to have it back.. I miss it. (we had a special bond that will be hard to replace)
Ruinach

Postby Nohr » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:05 am

I would suggest checking play it again sports.
Nohr

Postby regularjoe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:13 pm

This kind of stuff really bums me out. I love/miss Cedar Rapids but for all the places I've played around the states I have never seen or heard of that before. Is disc golf too popular there?
regularjoe

Postby brox » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:25 am

regularjoe wrote:This kind of stuff really bums me out. I love/miss Cedar Rapids but for all the places I've played around the states I have never seen or heard of that before. Is disc golf too popular there?

the expansion and players have exploded in that last couple years. jones in my opinion isnt even worth it on a nice day. more and more people all the time. which is great for the sport however not as much fun for the guy that wants to throw a couple rounds.
brox

Postby robizm » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:42 pm

new players are great into the sport but those that vandalize and are utter d-bags can find another hobby...

I can't get the words "i dislike jones" out of my mouth since that is the course where it all started for me
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Return to Cedar Rapids Club