2010 Tour Schedule

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

2010 Tour Schedule

Postby Tiki » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:05 am

It's that time again to start gearing up towards the 2010 season! Same as last year...I'm starting a preliminary calendar. If your hosting a tournament next year, sanctioned or not...send me the date that you want and I'll reserve it for you. Priority will be given to tournaments that are sanctioned and then established. After that it's pretty much down to first come first serve. Again, I'll do the best I can to avoid any scheduling conflicts.
Tiki

Postby Tiki » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:17 am

Mar 6 : OPEN
Mar 7 : OPEN
Mar 13 : OPC Open : Oskalooosa : C
Mar 14 : OPEN
Mar 20 : Doubles @ Middle Park : Bettendorf : NS
Mar 21 : OPEN
Mar 27 : Superclass @ Prospect Park : Moline, IL : C
Mar 27 : Thornton Open : Thornton : NS
Mar 28 : OPEN

Apr 3 : Iowa State Team Championships : ? : NS
Apr 4 : OPEN
Apr 10 : Treasure Cove Walk the Plank : Council Bluffs : B
Apr 11 : Spring Fling : Omaha, NE : B
Apr 17 : Hiawatha Tournament : Hiawatha : C
Apr 17 : Hampton Showdown : Hampton : NS
Apr 18 : OPEN
Apr 24 : J&B Rolling Hills Doubles : Lamoni : XC
Apr 25 : Graceland Open : Lamoni : C

May 1 : Hickory Hills Doubles : La Porte City : XC
May 2 : OPEN
May 8 : Iron Lion Safari : Geneseo, IL : B
May 8 : Battle at the Bridge : Forest City : NS
May 9 : Peninsula Melt Down : Iowa City : C
May 15-16 : Legion of Doom : Cedar Rapids : C
May 22 : Old Fort Open : Fort Madison : C
May 23 : OPEN
May 29-30 : First Class Challenge : Des Moines : A

Jun 5-6 : River Cities Rumble : Quad Cities : A
Jun 5 : River City Disco : Mason City : NS
Jun 6 : OPEN
Jun 11-13 : Am Nationals : Milford, MI : M
Jun 12 : Superclass @ Sugar Bottom : C
Jun 13 : Vicious Circle Disc Golf : Washington : C
Jun 19-20 : Greater Peoria Open : Peoria, IL : A
Jun 19 : OPEN
Jun 20 : OPEN
Jun 25-27 : Minnesota Majestic : Twin Cities, MN : NT
Jun 26 : 10th Osky Challenge : Oskaloosa : C
Jun 27 : OPEN
Jun 29-Jul 3 : Am Worlds : Marion, OH : M

Jul 3 : OPEN
Jul 4 : OPEN
Jul 10 : Tree Town Team Tourny : Forest City : NS
Jul 10-11 : Ankeny Summerfest : Ankeny : C
Jul 17-18 : Iowa State Championships : CR/IC : C
Jul 24 : Devils Glen Tourney : Bettendorf : B
Jul 24 : Northwood Open : Northwood : NS
Jul 25 : Superclass @ Devils Glen : Bettendorf : C
Jul 27-Jul 31 : Pro Worlds : Crown Point, IN: M
Jul 31 : Indian Hills Revival : Ottumwa, IA : C
Aug 1 : OPEN

Aug 7 : Coulter Challenge : Coulter : NS
Aug 8 : Franklin Fling : Belle Plaine : C
Aug 14 : Summer Sweat : Fort Madison : C
Aug 15 : Vicious Circle Disc Golf : Iowa City : C
Aug 21 : Des Moines Open : Des Moines : B
Aug 22 : Des Moines Open : Des Moines : B
Aug 28 : Iron Lion Open : Quad Cities : B
Aug 29 : Iowa / Minnesota Border Bash : Forest City : B

Sep 4 : Shane Stewart : Des Moines Area : ?
Sep 5 : Shane Stewart : Des Moines Area : ?
Sep 11 : K9 Karnival : Burlington : C
Sep 11 : Waterloo Open : Waterloo : C
Sep 12 : Newton Parks : Newton : C
Sep 18-19 : Iron Lion Presents the 2nd Annual Hub City Open : ?
Sep 18 : Battle of Belmond : Belmond : NS
Sep 25 : Superclass @ Camden : Camden, IL : C
Sep 26 : WAK PAK Carrol Marty : Ames : C

Oct 2 : Roctober Doubles : Oskaloosa : XC
Oct 3 : Vicious Circle Disc Golf : Iowa City : C
Oct 9 : OPEN
Oct 10 : GVCCC : Des Moines : C
Oct 16 : OPEN
Oct 17 : HWY 69 Dubs : Des Moines : XC
Oct 23 : Wildcat Bluff Open : Urbana : C
Oct 24 : Fall Classic : Ottumwa : C
Oct 30-31 : WAK PAK : Ames : C
Oct 30 : North Iowa Tour Finals : Mason City : NS
Oct 31 : Ankeny Worst/Best : Ankeny : NS
Last edited by Tiki on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Tiki

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:44 am

I think this is by far the worst way to fill our calendar, IMO. Seeing how our State almost has more tournaments than dates I suggest another method; perhaps a bidding process. I think something solid should be worked out before anything is scheduled. Stibal, Shane, and myself discussed this a little at Newton. All we know is that the process needs improved and we are happy to share our ideas with you.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 am

How and why is the Challenge on the calendar?? The DMDGC hasn't even decided what tier the event is going to be or a date for the event :?
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Captain » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:08 am

I do like the priority the events are given: sanctioned/tradition/non sanctioned.

We should think about some kind of meeting over the winter to determine the best course of action for Iowa disc golf.
Captain

Postby shane » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:42 am

porkchop wrote:How and why is the Challenge on the calendar?? The DMDGC hasn't even decided what tier the event is going to be or a date for the event :?

I imagine the Challenge is on the calendar because when we moved it for the NT we asked him to hold the date and that's why we threw the Walnut tourney. He's doing us a favor.

As far as us talking about something, nothing has been decided and I don't think any of it should be without the state coordinator involved. There's a lot of TD'S out there besides the three of us and I hadn't said anything either way. I just want that out there.

The calendar works a lot better then no calendar in my opinion. I give T.J. credit for trying to take the bull by the horn and accomplishing something.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:51 am

shane wrote:
porkchop wrote:How and why is the Challenge on the calendar?? The DMDGC hasn't even decided what tier the event is going to be or a date for the event :?

I imagine the Challenge is on the calendar because when we moved it for the NT we asked him to hold the date and that's why we threw the Walnut tourney. He's doing us a favor.

That's great and all, but Memorial Day Weekend is May 29-31

Just Sayin'
Single L

Postby shane » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:56 am

I'm sure that could be easily fixed. You sometimes come off like a jack ass when you jump on people. The guy is just trying to help, give him some slack.
shane

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:42 am

I can't help it ......... Jay's rubbing off on me :lol:
Single L

Postby IHearChains » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:32 am

porkchop wrote:I can't help it ......... Jay's rubbing off on me :lol:

TMI

:shock:
IHearChains

Postby Clue » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:08 pm

First off, I agree with Shane that I'm happy this is being discussed and there is some sort of guideline to work with this early on. Obviously different people are going to have different ideas and interests as we figured out in a similar discussion at Newton. I don't think there's any question that we all want what is best for disc golf in Iowa, the question of course will be what is best.

I think for the most part 80-90% of the schedule will fall into place fairly easily. The rest is up to TJ to make those decisions, that's what we elected him for. I'm certainly all for proposing new ideas, and I think for now those should just go to TJ, although I would love to see them posted here for discussion. One idea I would throw out is to have a committee that would work with TJ to make tough calls. This committee would be represented by both pro and am players and hopefully fairly well represent Iowa geographically including some small town representation like Atlantic or Forest City.

I think I'd like to see some further clarification to address issues like, which tournaments will get protection and how long will that date be held? Not to pick on anyone <cough>Waterloo</cough>, but some groups typically don't have their sanctioning through with the pdga until less than a month out. While most of us expect Hickory Hills to be around that first weekend in May, if somebody in Cedar Rapids sent in their sanctioning for a B tier that weekend, would that preempt HH?
Clue

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:09 pm

It should. Im working through 2 different coords, and honestly, Ill do my best....but that being said, I think people are in for a rude awakening. There is going to be more tourneys this year, on my part and on others. Im not going to wait months on end for somebody to finally get around to deciding on thier tourneys date, and Im at the mercy of Illinois, which likes to do the same thing Clue is talking about.

I also will be running unsanctioned events, if you dont want me bumping heads with you, make up your mind early. In all honesty, Ill work around the Iowa Tour, if it stays relatively small and the other longstanding tourneys.

Hopefully there are less issues, and I think starting this in September is pretty early, as you cant even put your thumb on any national dates yet.

JMO.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Tiki » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Chase - That's why this is just a preliminary list...nothing is official until sanctioning agreements have been sent in.

Clue/Stibal - I'm fine with a committee/meeting to come up with some solutions. Let's come up with a time and place and make it work. And really, the only problem with last years schedule was the Hiawatha / River Cities conflict.

Shane - Thanks. I was just trying to help you out.

Jack Ass - And how is this by far the worst way possible? Is it not organized? Is it not out there for everybody to see and work off of? Does it not work? I'm sure the bidding process will work so much better. Let's divert funds and energy into trying to secure a weekend rather then the tournament itself. Anyway, being that you don't think that the Challenge should be on the calendar of reserved dates, I'll just go ahead and take it off. Hopefully you get your weekend back, who knows, somebody else might want it. Oh, and I apologize, I marked it down wrong originally, I know it caused this giant catastrophe and all but I'll try to do better next time and make sure I have the right weekend for the holiday. I'm just trying to make everything work a little easier then it did before douche bag...Just Sayin'.
Tiki

Postby shane » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:02 am

God..... I love Iowa. :wink:
shane

Postby Clue » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 am

Tiki wrote:douche bag...Just Sayin'.

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
Clue

Next

Return to Ask the State Coordinator