The Raging Inferno

The most stable forum here

Postby Chase20460 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:07 pm

dx pete wrote:Is ILDGS open Monday the 4th?

Yeah, Ill probably flip the sign and watch the lot from my living room.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:03 pm

I got two from caker, no stamp, redish- orange plastic. I mostly have thrown it in open areas, but the first time i hit a tree with it it chipped or goughed like old dx wear you have to melt the chip back. Did I get crappy plastic, or at least not top of the line because I have alot of star plastic and have never seen chip chip like this. I do like the disc and the way it feels when you release it(and I get good d with less effort) is there a better plastic?
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:52 am

Yes, there is...but youll probably never see it. The Proto versions were done in a much better plastic, but Pat said there was 25 or less done in that mix. I have 2. :wink:
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Daddy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:34 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:I got two from caker, no stamp, redish- orange plastic. I mostly have thrown it in open areas, but the first time i hit a tree with it it chipped or goughed like old dx wear you have to melt the chip back. Did I get crappy plastic, or at least not top of the line because I have alot of star plastic and have never seen chip chip like this. I do like the disc and the way it feels when you release it(and I get good d with less effort) is there a better plastic?

the only thing that I can say is that the people mixing the plastic up in Chicago don't realy have a clue. They have some good molds, but the mix is Questionable. If, and I do mean "if" David Mac. makes his own mold of this disc(Gateways name is the first in Gateway-Quest)the plastic will be awesome. Until then the plastic will be ????able.

What was the temp. when you were playing?

How far away was the tree?

did you throw the white one?w/dimple tech.

Frog, I appolagize for the chipping but sh!t happens. You know that. Give me a call when you get this direction. Caker.
Daddy

Postby Furthur » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:49 pm

I was down at gateway for my drive home over Christmas, and Dave let me throw some of the RI's and RI DT's that he had down there. Quest has some serious issues with inconsistent plastic. I threw one RI DT that was like H plastic and overstable, one that hzyerflipped and was money (soft similar to the new blurrs), and a RI that was orange and kinda flippy. One thing is for sure though; those wings make the disc fly far! As soon as they perfect the plastic, chances are the RI DT will make it's way into my bag. It was pretty much everything I look for in a max D driver.
Furthur

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:52 pm

don't be sorry fo anything. The discs are sweet. I'm just hard on plastic. It was 40ish, 240 ft. away going fast. not the dt. On another note Ive started using it more and think it's the shit. and what type of plastic did u use on the matzen lake ones, I love the grip, and can I get a 168 to 172 one?
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Daddy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:53 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:

and what type of plastic did u use on the matzen lake ones,
It is a 70/30 blend. 70% hytrel plastic and 30% eurithane plastic. they were designed to be understable. Hyser flip-up shots or long turn-overshots.

I love the grip, and can I get a 168 to 172 one?

yes. P.M. me.
Daddy

Previous

Return to Gateway