Middle Park Cleanup

Postby Mad Max » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Was Fun, Look forward to more productive course maintaining in the future!

:)
Mad Max

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:46 am

Went out yesterday and cleaned up the rough on the left side of 15, and cleaned up the green.

If anyone is going to be out on Middle today, PLEASE take a couple of garbage bags with you and pick up trash. Mostly on the back where there are no trash cans :roll: .

Thanks for the ongoing help out there everyone.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed May 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Going to go out at around 5:10 to walk the course today to see what needs to be cleaned up for Rumble, if anyone's interested.

Probably going to move some pins, too.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Will help

Postby mynamemf82 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:58 pm

I will help when I can. I work nights but am free during the day and weekends. I know one thing that needs. Hole 11 if there is anyhting that can be done with the sitting water in the middle of the fairway?
mynamemf82

Re: Will help

Postby FB32992 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:45 pm

mynamemf82 wrote:I will help when I can. I work nights but am free during the day and weekends. I know one thing that needs. Hole 11 if there is anyhting that can be done with the sitting water in the middle of the fairway?

sure you gonna trench it up? that water is there 65% of the year we usually just play it is casual.if u can't make it over u should prob lay up :roll:
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu May 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Went through the course last night with Evan and Alex O. It's in pretty decent shape for the most part. Although all the rain we've gotten has made for some very swampy areas. Especially around 11 left, and the bottom of 15 is a real mess.

I think Ron and Evan are going out there tonight, and I'm going to join them. If you're able to get out there on your own, here's a short list of what needs to get taken care of:

creek area between 8 and 9s fairways all up and down can get cleaned up.

10 - green and landing area all around the pin

12 - right side of fairway and green area

14 - although not vital, since it's a pretty big job, if we can get this cleaned up, we can move the pin to the middle or even long position.

15 - big thorn bush just left of pin. will need loppers and gloves.

16 - left side of fairway, and parts of right side.

Looking to get out there again this weekend. Possibly Monday, and sometime next week when we may get the City to run the chipper. Get with me.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby curly » Thu May 27, 2010 4:52 pm

i nocked down a lot of the weeds left of 16 took me a while to find a disc and alot of it is stomped down but it still needs cleaned out. i wish i would have brought my weed whip out when i played there today, it needs it.
curly

Postby curly » Thu May 27, 2010 5:00 pm

and getting to 7 from 6 was a little tricky with combination of tall weeds and marsh. dont know if anything can be done about it but figured i would let you know.
curly

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu May 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks. Feel free to bring your weed whip and have at it! I talked to the Parks Director, and he knows we're going to be in there working.

I think the "bridge" between 6 and 7 got washed out. I'll look at that.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 am

Big thanks to RonRazz for getting out there last night and flying solo.

We'll likely be out there tomorrow (Saturday, 29th) after noon trying to open some routes, and cleaning up 14.

Feel free to join in. Call me (john) if you can't find us. 563-676-6686
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to Jamey (FB) Linville, and Ron (Razz) Rasmussen for helping get Middle Park cleaned up on Saturday.

I can't believe how much we got done (and that we didn't die of heat stroke) for three people. It was a very good day.

Thanks you guys!

Oh, for anyone that's out there this week, PLEASE take a garbage bag with you and pick up litter. A little bit really goes a long way, and it DOES make a difference. Thanks in advance.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Steady 26542 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:42 am

Cleaned the snow off tee pad on #2. It was about 1/3 covered. I plan on playing Sunday around 1:00 in case anyone wants to play.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby tufluk » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Fri. 3/11. Player wading in creek. Water deep, cloudy, cold and fast. Finds his disc and throws it up on bank. A blue, CE gator w/ silver stamp. I said, "that's a $100 disc! Why are you throwing it around the water? He replied, "It hit funny, skipped and rolled in". Anyway he got it safely back into the bag. Story w/ a happy ending.
tufluk

Postby Steady 26542 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Marked the pin on hole #15's short left position. Cleaned the whole green up as well. It should be ready to play. If someone has the key to the lock please go ahead and move it or PM me and I'll get the key from you and move it. Thanks.
Mark
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Steady 26542

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 am

Hole 12 has a small tree that is bent over and hanging in the fairway that should be removed.

Hole 14 has a big tree down early that should be cleaned up. There is a branch that is broken on a tree further down that needs to be cleaned up as well.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Steady 26542

Previous

Return to Bettendorf - Middle Park