How does a DGC get on the Iowa Tour?

Information about the Iowa Tour.

Moderator: shane

How does a DGC get on the Iowa Tour?

Postby Dale Jordal » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:26 pm

I would like the Forest City Disc Golf course considered for 2010 Iowa tour. How do I go about submitting our course for the tour.

Note: we are having a PDGA tier C event this September 5th ( Tree Town Open II ) for any that what to see and play the course.

Thank you

Dale Jordal
email: heroscaperdad@yahoo.com
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby shane » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:01 am

We just kind of look at what tournies are working and try to spread them out. When and where is you're tourney? We can go from there.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Re: How does a DGC get on the Iowa Tour?

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:05 am

Dale Jordal wrote:Note: we are having a PDGA tier C event this September 5th ( Tree Town Open II ) for any that what to see and play the course.

Thank you

Dale Jordal
email: heroscaperdad@yahoo.com
##39027
ghstinshll

Re: How does a DGC get on the Iowa Tour?

Postby Peil » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 am

ghstinshll wrote:
Dale Jordal wrote:Note: we are having a PDGA tier C event this September 5th ( Tree Town Open II ) for any that what to see and play the course.

That info is for this year's tournament. There is already an Iowa Tour stop in Madrid on that date this year. Dale is talking about getting in on the 2010 Iowa Tour. Not sure he has a date planned for next year's tournament yet.
Peil

Postby Dale Jordal » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:59 pm

shane wrote:We just kind of look at what tournies are working and try to spread them out. When and where is you're tourney? We can go from there.

For 2010 I would take any open Saturday date in September ( the earlier in the month the better ). We can set our date based on what the Iowa tour may have open. I do have to watch the Minnesota tourneys as well, please note we are close to Fairmont, Albert Lea, Austin, Stewartville,Rochester & Owwatonna, but most of those are held in July & August.

We are a perfect location to have a " Border Clash "( Iowa -vs- Minnesota ). Last. September we had 38 show up for our first Tree Town Open and it was almost 100% Minnesotans with just a handful of Iowans to defend our home course.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby IHearChains » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:57 am

Dale Jordal wrote:We are a perfect location to have a " Border Clash "( Iowa -vs- Minnesota ). Last. September we had 38 show up for our first Tree Town Open and it was almost 100% Minnesotans with just a handful of Iowans to defend our home course.

Great idea Dale. Hope you have more Iowans for the 2nd time around! I wish I could make it up there again, maybe in 2010.

I believe as more Iowans check out this course it will gradually become a favored Iowa tourney location. Lots of variety and challenge... water hazards, elevation, wooded tunnel shots, and some long holes for the big arms.
IHearChains

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:41 pm

IHearChains wrote:
Dale Jordal wrote:We are a perfect location to have a " Border Clash "( Iowa -vs- Minnesota ). Last. September we had 38 show up for our first Tree Town Open and it was almost 100% Minnesotans with just a handful of Iowans to defend our home course.

Great idea Dale. Hope you have more Iowans for the 2nd time around! I wish I could make it up there again, maybe in 2010.

I believe as more Iowans check out this course it will gradually become a favored Iowa tourney location. Lots of variety and challenge... water hazards, elevation, wooded tunnel shots, and some long holes for the big arms.

I would like to host a " Border Clash " Tourney here... It would be a fun concept to have a border battle. I know the Minnesota guys seem to like the course and I think we can count on plently of them coming down. My problem is getting some of the good Iowa players to come up. If I could get an open date in the Iowa schedule.... this could make an interesting tourney. I also have the ability to add 6 more poles and make it a 27 pole layout that could handle 108 or so if we could get 50-54 Iowans to make the trip up. I think each could be matched up with a Minnesota player.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Like_Water » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:28 am

Dale Jordal wrote:
IHearChains wrote:

I would like to host a " Border Clash " Tourney here... It would be a fun concept to have a border battle. I know the Minnesota guys seem to like the course and I think we can count on plently of them coming down. My problem is getting some of the good Iowa players to come up. If I could get an open date in the Iowa schedule.... this could make an interesting tourney. I also have the ability to add 6 more poles and make it a 27 pole layout that could handle 108 or so if we could get 50-54 Iowans to make the trip up. I think each could be matched up with a Minnesota player.

sounds like a good idea for match play...or a various doubles type of thing...
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Dale Jordal » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:48 pm

shane wrote:We just kind of look at what tournies are working and try to spread them out. When and where is you're tourney? We can go from there.

Sent you an e-mail - What would be best would be to work out an open date between Iowa and Minnesota cordinators and have a boarder bash with a nice group of pros and advance players from both states playing for state pride as well.

We are right in the middle - 120 mile south of MSP and 120 miles miles north of DSM
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Like_Water » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Dale Jordal wrote:

Sent you an e-mail - What would be best would be to work out an open date between Iowa and Minnesota cordinators and have a boarder bash with a nice group of pros and advance players from both states playing for state pride as well.

We are right in the middle - 120 mile south of MSP and 120 miles miles north of DSM

you should host the MN vs. IA team challenge :)
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Dale Jordal » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:17 am

Discwrangler wrote:
Dale Jordal wrote:

you should host the MN vs. IA team challenge :)

It kind of is a team event however it just ends up being the top 6 scores that day from each state... No offical team needs to be assembled

How the battle of the border will be scored to determine the champion.

The Border Bash will be scored just like a regular tourney, however to determine which state is superior it will be left up to the Pros. The top six finishing Pros from each state will detirum the champion. The seventh placing state pro will only be used in the event of a tiebreaker. It comes down to high finishes and simple math. All we are going to do is add up the placing for the top 6 Pros of each state. Low score wins ( perfect score would be 21 – a 1 thru 6 finish ). Below is an example: Note if players from a state other than Iowa & Minnesota finish mixed within the top placers they are not counted but they do affect the placing by giving any Iowan or Minnesotan who finishes below them a lower finish and thus a lager number.

If the top six finishers of both states total up their placing and that number ends in a tie the highest finishing 7th pro member of the state will determine the championship.

PLACE

1 – Minnesota

2 - Iowa

3 – Minnesota

4 - Iowa

5 – Minnesota

6 - Iowa

7 - Iowa

8 - Wisconsin

9 – Minnesota

10 – Iowa

11 – Illinois

12 – South Dakota

13 – Minnesota

14 – Minnesota

15 – Iowa

16 – Minnsota

17 - Nebraska

18 – Iowa

In this example Iowa would win the championship 44 to 45 over Minnesota. However if Seventh placer a Nebraskan would have finished 15th dropping the sixth Iowan down to 16 tieing the score 45 – 45 and then Minnesota would have won due to the tiebreaker as the seventh Minnesotan finish ahead of the seventh best Iowan.

Even though only the top 6 of each state phyisically count in the team score the other 7 thru howevermany players are still valuable by finishing high and taking spots away from the other states top 6 players.

Short explanation Tournament Scoring:

It is just simple math add up the top six finishers from each state and low score wins.

Ok Iowa/Minnesota send your best Pros up/down to Forest City, Iowa for the 2010 Boarder Bash that will establish which state has bragging rights and claim the IA/MN championship.

Obviously Advanced and intermediate players are also welcome as well as players from all states to come play and be a part of this board challenge between Iowa & Minnesota.

Our course is not far off of I-35 ( exit 203 )
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Return to Iowa Tour