Cross Country

Cross Country

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:36 am

Can we get the same crew for the challenge that preps the park for Cross Country meets. Dear Lord. Plush low cut grass (first time I've been able to find a disc in 13s fairway with ease all year), 1000 tons of mulch (you could take a nap on the path from 11 -> 12), trimmed up schule edges (perfect 90 degree angle with the ground). Best I've seen the course all year, too bad the park is about to close and the DG season is nearing an end.
IF you haven't been out there in the past week, you need to get out and see it. It is gorgeous. Shouldn't be any lines for the restroom either as there are 4 portapotties set up as well. I didn't check, but I bet they even got the pop machine working.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Re: Cross Country

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:46 am

Buzzznation wrote:Best I've seen the course all year

Maybe if you helped with some course work once in a while, you'd have a clue as to who you might be offending in the local disc golf community with that statement. :roll:
GDL17921

Postby shane » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:01 am

GDL5000 wrote:

Maybe if you helped with some course work once in a while, you'd have a clue as to who you might be offending in the local disc golf community with that statement. :roll:

jay and thin skin lol
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby The Donator » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:50 am

GDL5000 wrote:

This has to be a level
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:28 pm

GDL5000 wrote:

Tell me you ment to put a laughing emoticon after that. Come on now. I'm talking about the grass being mowed shorter than 12" for once. Areas that are (from what I have gathered) the P&R or Army Corps or whoevers (oustide of the clubs) responsability.
I've had nothing but great things to say about Tyler and the crew that have helped with the course work. Although not a first hand witness I know that many people have put endless hours into making the courses look great. I know you guys did a ton of work before WRM and the challenge and the course looked great then.
I don't think (maybe I'm wrong) it's the DG communities responsability to go out there with a mower and mow the fairways, or lay more mulch at WR than I have seen in the last 5 years combined for all of our courses. Or go around the edge of the entire park (or cross country course) and cut down branches for 3 days straight (which I witnessed guys doing in prep for Cross Country).

Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that. I should have said the park looked the best that I have seen in turn made the course look great.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby KePP » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:38 pm

(if you send an email to your work colleagues be sure to spell responsibility without the A)
KePP

Return to Des Moines (Johnston) - Walnut Ridge Recreation Area