Great Course to play!!!

Great Course to play!!!

Postby Luv2Disc » Sun May 03, 2009 5:10 pm

I highly recommend playing this course if you're ever in the area! Had a blast at their first ever tourny yesterday and wished it was closer to where I live (Ames). I also happened to ace 8) my first practice throw before the tourny on hole 1 from the am. tee pad (apparently the first ace on the course :P ) Bottom line: if you live within 2 or 3 hours and are a disc golf fanatic like myself this is brand new course is a must play!!I know it will get a lot of action once word spreads of this little gem in Atlantic.

R.D.
Luv2Disc

Postby fsaddle » Sat May 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks R.D.
Sometimes when you take the chance to go check out something NEW, it really is worth the trip. I'm glad you liked it. Pass the word.
fsaddle

Postby Buzzznation » Wed May 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Well, I popped Sunnysides cherry over an extended lunch break today. Overall great course. Nice facilities. Teepads are great, and a nice extra touch with flags on the baskets. Oh yeah and trash cans scattered through out the course.
My first course comparison is Newton. They even have the white concrete amphitheater right when you pull into the park. I played the long pads. Another lefty dream course. Great elevation, beutiful large mature trees and some holes with nice natural OB's.
Holes 4-7 are pretty sick. With the exception of #6 from the long pad is a little fluky. Threw a putter 75 feet to the short pad than a 120 foot hyzer to the basket (my only 4 on the round). Almost a 250' par 4 and the ob fence really isnt much a factor. If the left side of the fairway were cleared up a bit it may open up a sky anny for a righty and make a great risk reward hole.
Hole #12 definately one of the signature holes was fun to play. Definately unloaded the baghere. Kind of reminds me of shorter #10 Ewing.
Holes #15 and #16 were sweet holes as well. 15 (another sig hole) a good risk reward hole (another one I unloaded on and threw one in the creek, but easy retreaval and 16 a good deuce or die with a creek in play again.
Great course, and I'm sure I will be able to make the trek over there a couple of times within the next year. It's nice to see great course developement like this happening in the western half of the state.
Last edited by Buzzznation on Tue May 26, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby fsaddle » Sun May 24, 2009 9:41 am

Another lefty dream course

Not really. My son just moved the baskets around and that is the look that this configuration took on. In our tourney setup it will favor neither lefty or righty.

Thank you for the review. We will try and get some more upper level tourney action in the future.
fsaddle

Postby Buzzznation » Tue May 26, 2009 11:51 am

fsaddle wrote:
Another lefty dream course

Not really.

By lefty dream course I am basing this off of lefty hyzers from the setup that I played.

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 (big spike hyzer?), #7-#9 favors neither,#12 favors neither, #13, #15, #16. Any holes not mentioned favor a righty hyzer.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby claring » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:31 pm

[quote="Buzzznation"]

Holes 4-7 are pretty sick. With the exception of #6 from the long pad is a little fluky. Threw a putter 75 feet to the short pad than a 120 foot hyzer to the basket (my only 4 on the round). Almost a 250' par 4 and the ob fence really isnt much a factor. If the left side of the fairway were cleared up a bit it may open up a sky anny for a righty and make a great risk reward hole.
quote]

Whitson I thought the big anny was fine there I got my duece :shock: :o :D
claring

Postby Sidearm » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:09 am

Whitson,
Ask Claring where his "big anny" off the tee ended up. He more than made up for it on his 2nd throw, though. I agree with you that it's a lefty course (at least in the configuration it was in yesterday). To have a 1000 rated round, I think you would need to shoot -5 from the long tees. I enjoyed playing the course & look forward to playing it again.
Sidearm

Return to Atlantic -- Sunnyside DGC