Vandals and litter on the course!!!

Vandals and litter on the course!!!

Postby Sprague » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 pm

I found the basket on 17 burned from someone lighting their coors light box on fire...so put the word out...it's monkey season, and I love me some monkey!

I'll be stalking the vandals (just ask Lenny - you won't even know I'm there!) and I won't hesitate to get the police involved!!

The days of complaining are over!

I plan on posting signs on both CI and CII giving everyone fair warning...pass it on and spread the word.
Sprague

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Hole 17 on C1 or C2?
Sniper26

Postby Orange Guy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:13 am

You realize you're probably dealing with high school kids looking for a place to drink in the middle of the night and not disc golfers, chuckers or otherwise?
Orange Guy

Postby Sprague » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:46 am

I found coors light cans on hole 3 and on the baskets all thru out...so unfortunately these monkeys throw discs!
Sprague

Postby KePP » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:50 am

C2. Signs may encourage antagonizers.
KePP

Postby Sprague » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:27 pm

unfortunate...damned if we do...damned if we don't

I caught a kid the other day, he was so embarrassed he went down into the creek to pick up his water bottle.

I think people just need a little more awareness, and if caught vandalizing the authorities can be a great method for getting our message across.
Sprague

Postby Orange Guy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Sprague wrote:the authorities can be a great method for getting our message across.

So do I call the authorities for all illegal activity that takes place on the course, or are we just being selective about which laws we don't like broken?
Orange Guy

Re: Vandals and litter on the course!!!

Postby really » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Sprague wrote:I found the basket on 17 burned from someone lighting their coors light box on fire...so put the word out...it's monkey season, and I love me some monkey!

I'll be stalking the vandals (just ask Lenny - you won't even know I'm there!) and I won't hesitate to get the police involved!!

The days of complaining are over!

I plan on posting signs on both CI and CII giving everyone fair warning...pass it on and spread the word.

AGREED
DGA
really

Postby KePP » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:52 am

Orange Guy wrote:
Sprague wrote:the authorities can be a great method for getting our message across.

So do I call the authorities for all illegal activity that takes place on the course, or are we just being selective about which laws we don't like broken?

Selective. It is your choice whether authoritative intervention is necessary - or if you’re capable enough to handle it yourself. Not the decision of a random bureaucrat from 80 years ago. Same for your health. But this sparks a political debate.
KePP

Postby karma27895 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:55 am

Orange Guy wrote:

ONLY FOR VANDELISM THEFT OR DESTRUCTION :wink:
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby FB32992 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:34 am

Orange Guy wrote:

Thay depends do these so called activites affect the course?littering is pretty much a problem wherever you go.the only real good thing you can do is to put more trash cans on the course and organize cleanup days. Now if tee signs baskets etc. r being vandalized thats a little diff, then yes authorites could be contacted.
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park