Fulton Course.

Fulton Course.

Postby IowaCharlie » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:13 pm

I played the Fulton course the other day with my father-in-law and my brother, and I must say ther I was extremely dissatisfied. The water hazard had an oil slick over it, and all the signs were the same, no matter where the basket was.
IowaCharlie

Postby K.C. » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:56 pm

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. I actually think its a groovy little 9 holer. Granted, there's not a ton of challenge, or too much to work with. But, the city wanted SOMETHING, and Brad B. made good use of the land (that wasn't used for anything before). The park is trying to improve the course, too...they've planted tree lines that will (eventually) make the course a bit more challenging. But, until then...and, of course, until Eagle Point is done...the locals have another option to play. And, if nothing else...having an option is always a good thing.

Play it differently if you don't enjoy it. Play it until you deuce EVERY hole, THEN play it until you deuce EVERY hole in the same round. That'll keep you coming back. (Its basically how I look at Eastern. I know it doesn't have a TON of challenge, but I can see how most every hole is deucable, and I'm constantly trying to do that..........and failing miserably. But, it makes me enjoy my rounds there.)
K.C.

Postby IowaCharlie » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:36 am

I guess I was a little harsh. I am used to playing at Middle Road in Bettendorf, so I guess I am l a little spioled. The biggest thing about it was the mess in the creek. My father-in-law accidentally threw one of my discs right into the oil slick.
IowaCharlie

Postby chirogirl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:47 pm

I just played this course for the first time today. Sure, not too challenging, but I got to work on my game quite a bit. I threw several drives at each basket, as well as several putts. You just have to make the best of short courses. I am also used to QC area courses, like Middle and Eastern, but parks that big aren't an option for all cities. I wasn't even intending to play today. It was nice to accidently finding a course while traveling. Good luck with future improvements!
chirogirl

Postby IowaCharlie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Here are a few ideas for the course, how about a fence to keep lazy soccor moms from parking on the first hole? And also, maybe a sign location on the signs so there is a reference point for the actual tees? You can spend alot of time looking for the bricks in the long grass.
IowaCharlie

Postby karma27895 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:30 am

made a trip up there last sunday and i must say that the course is sick
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby IowaCharlie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Sick as in wickedly awesome, or anemic?
IowaCharlie

Postby karma27895 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:53 am

f n wickedly awesome dude
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby IowaCharlie » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:05 pm

I have to admit, that the first time I played it, I hated it. It was unkept and had an oil slick in the water hazard. Bit Ive lately really enjoyed this short easy course so close to home.
IowaCharlie

Postby IHearChains » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 am

Fulton thread posted under Eagle Point....are you talking about two different courses? Eagle Point = wickedly awesome.
IHearChains

Postby IowaCharlie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Yeah. Fulton Ill is right across the river from Clinton. It has a 9 hole course right on the river.
IowaCharlie

Return to Clinton - Eagle Point Park