Grant Weaver #27166

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby rightcunnin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Now that Grant and I are teamed up for DMBW League 2009, there will be a steady stream of amazing, unbelievable, astonishing shots and stories to be told!
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Baitbuckets » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:00 am

rightcunnin wrote:Now that Grant and I are teamed up for DMBW League 2009, there will be a steady stream of amazing, unbelievable, astonishing shots and stories to be told!

I did not realize the DMBW was a fantasy league!
Last edited by Baitbuckets on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
True Definition of a Minority - Being a Conservative in a Disc Golf League and wearing a PINK shirt.
Baitbuckets

Postby Clue » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:54 am

Baitbuckets wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:Now that Grant and I are teamed up for DMBW League 2009, there will be a steady stream of amazing, unbelievable, astonishing shots and stories to be told!

Bwaaaaaahhhh! Neils just wakes up and has the zinger gun fully loaded. Nice.
Clue

Postby irban » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:21 am

Clue wrote:
Baitbuckets wrote:

Bwaaaaaahhhh! Neils just wakes up and has the zinger gun fully loaded. Nice.

Who thought he'd need spellcheck on his sig line though?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Sugar Bottom (Weekend @ the Rez) 6/14/09

It was as if it were snowing at SB as the Cottonwood flurries sprinkled the air on a baeutiful June Sunday. As we rolled into the park early Grant had some of the worst death metal music playing that I've ever heard. He claimed it as the music that pumps him up on tourney day, and it didn't let him down.
So I come strolling in after what I felt was a semi decent round. Nothing to brag about but nothing to hang my head either. As I'm heading over to Grant's vehicle I see mr. GW stuffing himself with a Subway sandwhich and the biggest grin I ever seen. I look down and to my dismay there is the belt comfortably nessled on Grant's bag at his feet :shock: WTF is going on here. "What'd you shoot Grant" "8 Down." It was about enough for me to cry. Nice round Grant. He not only shattered the advanced field, but tied for the hot round in the Open division (and beat my combined score for both rounds). I though I had seen it all in disc golf when I saw the belt sitting with Grant, then to here he is tied for first in OPEN!!!!

So I get ready to head off an hour before tee off of the second round, to play as many holes as possible, trying to figure out how the F*ck to shoot an 8 down. Not before words of wisdom to the feild leader. So I says to Grant "Where there's a Will there's a Way" Weaver, I says "There is no excuse for not winning this thing." His only hurdle, Dan "Popcorn Kernel" Kern 2 strokes back.

After my group finishes checking the scores after the second round, where I placed was not a priority at this point. Chances were slim to none anyways. I sought out to seak Mr. Weaver. He didn't seem quite as excited as at the break but in high spirits. He and Kernel tied. WTF!!! I was able to put my misfortunes behind for a moment and wonder how the he!! is Grant going to blow this one.

Playoff time baby. For me it often makes the trip worth while just to watch. Hole #1 easy deuce for both GW and DK. Shokingly, Grant didn't throw a thumber. However, he was saving the show for the next hole.

For those that haven't played SB, #2 is a semi low ceiling 300' shot with schule on the left and right but a reasonable fairway to work with. In warm ups I tried several shots, mid, Teebird, you know the usual stuff. Kernel fires first and lands about 80 feet short. Then Grant walks up like it's a wednsday night round at Big Creek and throws a Thumber (big freakin surprise). I got a pretty good view of this thing coming in standing on the edge middle of the fairway. This thing is going to land about 80 short too. But no, not if your Grant "Walk the line" Weaver. This thing tips, topples, rolls, flips, skips, and trickles about 5 feet from the basket. And the rest is history.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Clue » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:41 pm

I gave him a little bit of a hard time because a tournament is not about one hot round. While tags move round to round I really thought the belt only moved at the end of the tournament, but I wasn't sure so I graciously handed the belt to Grant at lunchtime. I was glad the belt was able to get some attention. It's been lonely sitting in my trunk all this time with very little human contact. I think the belt really appreciated getting some quality time and the touch of warm hands. But alas it's back where it belongs, safe in my trunk. If only Grant could've shot 12 strokes better 2nd round he could've cuddled with it for a few more days.
Clue

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:45 pm

You shot a 15 under second round :shock:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Clue » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:54 pm

You know what? I forgot they had the par wrong on the pdga stats and saw that he finished at -5. I thought he backed up 3 second round.
Clue

Postby Kern » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Congrats again Mr Weaver hell of a shot on the playoff, hopefully we can do it again sometime. So is my new nickname in D.M popcorn kernel :lol:
Kern

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:41 pm

still makabre with me you non-killzone playin' muthafucka.
GDL17921

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:31 am

Well you can taste the Challenge coming up around the corner. And what a time to bring this thread back to life in honor of this huge event. It's no secret that GW's game has improved 10 fold since this time last year. His thumber is a joke and has changed the game of disc golf as we know it today. The side arm S drives are just ridiculous and keeps me turning in my sleep at night as I have nightmares about him outdriving me by 200 feet. I'll be the first to say that he is a favorite in my book for next weekend. He has more than proved himself the last month with a W in IC and a close second in Osky. Will this be the year?

I'll place my predictions for his rounds.

Ewing 59
Pickard 60
Big Creek 54
Walnut 57
GVCC 48

Thats enough to probably cash in Open :shock: Grant you are my hero. And let this be the foundation of bigger and better things to come.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Single L » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:48 am

Buzzznation wrote:I'll place my predictions for his rounds.

Ewing 59
Pickard 60
Big Creek 54
Walnut 57
GVCC 48

I raise you ........ all in :P

Buzzznation wrote:Grant you are my hero. And let this be the foundation of bigger and better things to come.

This is just getting creepy :?
Last edited by Single L on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:50 am

Buzzznation wrote:Well you can taste the Challenge coming up around the corner. And what a time to bring this thread back to life in honor of this huge event. It's no secret that GW's game has improved 10 fold since this time last year. His thumber is a joke and has changed the game of disc golf as we know it today. The side arm S drives are just ridiculous and keeps me turning in my sleep at night as I have nightmares about him outdriving me by 200 feet. I'll be the first to say that he is a favorite in my book for next weekend. He has more than proved himself the last month with a W in IC and a close second in Osky. Will this be the year?

I'll place my predictions for his rounds.

Ewing 59-Possible
Pickard 60-Aint gonna be any better, thats for sure :lol:
Big Creek 54-I call, nice 7 over :lol:
Walnut 57-59 at best
GVCC 48-51 at best, they will all be in the longs and he cant reach those with thumbers :wink:

Thats enough to probably cash in Open :shock: Grant you are my hero. And let this be the foundation of bigger and better things to come.
SARG27044

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:30 am

If Grant ever comes up missing, we'll know who did it.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:36 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:If Grant ever comes up missing, we'll know who did it.
Yeah I think his GF is jealous of Steve already :lol:
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club