Storm Damage

Storm Damage

Postby hyzerman16234 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Wildcat got hammered by 87 MPH winds today. We have the front 12 playable. The back is in bad shape. 11 thru 13 is unplayable. There are 20 to 30 large trees down or folded over. 13 pad is covered in trees. 12 basket is destroyed. If you play the back, throw 10 then walk to 14 and go from there. Be aware that there are still broken trees up in the air so things can still fall. Most of all BE CAREFUL!
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Postby Sniper26 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your course. We had the same thing happen to us at Camden 2 last year. Try to make it a rally point for your locals to come help with cleanup. We really found some great volunteers that we never expected.
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Re: Storm Damage

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:30 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:Wildcat got hammered by 87 MPH winds today. We have the front 12 playable. The back is in bad shape. 11 thru 13 is unplayable. There are 20 to 30 large trees down or folded over. 13 pad is covered in trees. 12 basket is destroyed. If you play the back, throw 10 then walk to 14 and go from there. Be aware that there are still broken trees up in the air so things can still fall. Most of all BE CAREFUL!


We have 11 thru 13 closed for now. 11 and 12A should be doable today but there are several big trees down on both fairways near the edge yet. 13 pad is also buried by 6 big trees that domino ed on top of it. Plus there is no basket for 12. I plan to move 11 to the A pin tomorrow and players can walk to 14 from there for a 19 hole course. I expect 12 and 13 to be closed for a few weeks. I wouldn't have wanted to be sitting on 13 pad when that storm came through. Thanks to Kelly, Bitch'n, Bob and Son's for coming out to help today. The 2 that left before the work started don't deserve mention. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Re: Storm Damage

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:16 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:
hyzerman16234 wrote:Wildcat got hammered by 87 MPH winds today. We have the front 12 playable. The back is in bad shape. 11 thru 13 is unplayable. There are 20 to 30 large trees down or folded over. 13 pad is covered in trees. 12 basket is destroyed. If you play the back, throw 10 then walk to 14 and go from there. Be aware that there are still broken trees up in the air so things can still fall. Most of all BE CAREFUL!


We have 11 thru 13 closed for now. 11 and 12A should be doable today but there are several big trees down on both fairways near the edge yet. 13 pad is also buried by 6 big trees that domino ed on top of it. Plus there is no basket for 12. I plan to move 11 to the A pin tomorrow and players can walk to 14 from there for a 19 hole course. I expect 12 and 13 to be closed for a few weeks. I wouldn't have wanted to be sitting on 13 pad when that storm came through. Thanks to Kelly, Bitch'n, Bob and Son's for coming out to help today. The 2 that left before the work started don't deserve mention. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:


11 and 13 are sort of playable but still in bad shape. KWWL news was out today and we could be on the 5 or 10 o'clock news. There is still a lot of debris and logs to get through so if you play be extra careful. Kelly, Bob, Craig and Robert put in a lot of work in the rain today. I can't thank them enough!
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

geez

Postby brox » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Was out there today shortly after the rain stopped. Trees down everywhere big trees. Didn't hurt the mosquito population tho. I like 13 with the downed trees makes it real interesting. If you guys set up a work day Ill try to make it out there. Love the course. My favorite. Great work with the steps and the tree\weed trimming on the rest of the course. Crazy amount of trees down. Makes wc even more difficult, and you gotta love that.
User avatar
brox
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:44 pm
Location: sunnyvale trailer park

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 am

It's amazing what 5 to 6 people, a couple chainsaws and a four wheeler with trailer can achieve in a day.
If you told me we'd have the course playable within a couple days after the storm, I would have said you were crazy.
Other than 12, which has no basket and could be playable if it did, it doesn't look half bad and actually pretty good.
Some areas will never be the same but change happens, especially in timber courses.

Good things do come out of storms; the local tree guy dumped us enough fresh mulch to take care of most of the course and we got a great start on that yesterday despite all the damage cleanup. :D

Again, it amazes me that we've come this far in a short time.
The perseverance of this dedicated crew is outstanding. (Steve, Btchn, Crager, Bob and sons)
If we can get through this, nothing can stop us.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
User avatar
Budhyzer 17696
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 am
Location: Wildcat Bluff (When not in CR)

Postby Nohr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:49 am

That is freakin crazy. Thank you guys so much for the hardwork you put into this course. When I read this thread last night I was pretty sure it would be out of commission for at least weeks.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HARDWORK
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby hyzerman16234 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks for the encouragement We feel somewhat lucky that the damage was concentrated to 3 holes mainly. If the whole course would have had it like that, it could have shut us down for who knows how long.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:31 am

hyzerman16234 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement We feel somewhat lucky that the damage was concentrated to 3 holes mainly. If the whole course would have had it like that, it could have shut us down for who knows how long.


Hey, quit posting and get your ass up there; we're not done yet. :D :D :D
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
User avatar
Budhyzer 17696
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 am
Location: Wildcat Bluff (When not in CR)

Postby hyzerman16234 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
hyzerman16234 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement We feel somewhat lucky that the damage was concentrated to 3 holes mainly. If the whole course would have had it like that, it could have shut us down for who knows how long.


Hey, quit posting and get your ass up there; we're not done yet. :D :D :D


I'm sweating to death working on my silver portable in the garage. The only difference is no bugs to drive me insane.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Postby hyzerman16234 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:06 pm

12 basket was reincarnated today! :D I will install tomorrow. It actually has the chains from the original so it's a close match. The course will play as 21 again but keep in mind that clean up is far from over. I wouldn't be surprised to see new stuff on the ground with even a moderately windy day. There's still a glimmer of hope for the one that got trashed. It may get a life again someday.

Hep
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:12 basket was reincarnated today! :D I will install tomorrow. It actually has the chains from the original so it's a close match. The course will play as 21 again but keep in mind that clean up is far from over. I wouldn't be surprised to see new stuff on the ground with even a moderately windy day. There's still a glimmer of hope for the one that got trashed. It may get a life again someday.

Hep


Got the 3 A,B,C holes weed whacked today before the storm blew in and ruined the round! :evil: I'm really tired of not having any fun and putting up with this crap! :evil:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am

hyzerman16234 wrote:
hyzerman16234 wrote:12 basket was reincarnated today! :D I will install tomorrow. It actually has the chains from the original so it's a close match. The course will play as 21 again but keep in mind that clean up is far from over. I wouldn't be surprised to see new stuff on the ground with even a moderately windy day. There's still a glimmer of hope for the one that got trashed. It may get a life again someday.

Hep


Got the 3 A,B,C holes weed whacked today before the storm blew in and ruined the round! :evil: I'm really tired of not having any fun and putting up with this crap! :evil:


Working on the course is your fun :wink: :lol:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
User avatar
Budhyzer 17696
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 am
Location: Wildcat Bluff (When not in CR)

Postby Schirm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Anyone gonna be out working on the course Thursday? I have the day off and would be happy to put a few hours in.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
User avatar
Schirm
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Tama-Toledo

Postby hyzerman16234 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:39 am

Schirm wrote:Anyone gonna be out working on the course Thursday? I have the day off and would be happy to put a few hours in.


I think I'm taking the day off. If you we're going up to play, we still need a lot of sticks and small stuff picked up that can be done as people play. The course is playable on all 21 holes. The 11 thru 13 area say's closed on the map but they have been cleaned up enough to throw as long as you stay on the fairways.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Next

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests