June 20/21

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

June 20/21

Postby claring » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Any one not going to the Majestic this weekend want to get out and play some where. This is my weekend off and would like to get out.

I was thinking of making a road trip and playing a few courses I have not been too. Forest City, Northwood (I have been here), Lake Mills, and maybe a couple others in the area.
claring

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:26 am

I have family crap all weekend long, so I have to stay local for some dg.

I will however be out at Walnut @ 9am Sunday morning to play a round. Claring, Greenwood, Whitson, anybody interested in playing let me know.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Skell » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:33 pm

Claring I hope you are able to make a trip up to North Iowa to play some Disc Golf this weekend! I will be at the Majestic otherwise I would make you come to Northwood to play for sure!

But I just wanted to let you know, I think Lake Mills would be a waste of a trip over there to play. Last I knew I think there was only 7 or 8 baskets in, and the course is SUPER short for what they do have in.

Forest City's 21 hole course is a GREAT course! You will have to check that one out for sure! They only have 19 baskets in right now, and working on getting cement tee-pads poured. But would be a good stop.

We have a League on Sunday at Northwood, registration at 1:30 and tee at 2:00. It is FREE with an optional $1 CTP & $1 Ace Fund.

Other good courses that you could check out if you haven't played yet.
Thornton
Albert Lea, MN (9 & 18 holes)
Crystal Lake
Belmond
Hampton
Coulter
Skell

Postby IHearChains » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:25 am

Skell wrote:Forest City's 21 hole course is a GREAT course!

2nd that.
IHearChains

Postby claring » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 am

Mikal and I will be leaving my house about 7am Sat morning and heading North. We will be playing Northwood, Forest City, probably Mason City and a couple others. I have room for another person or two if some any one else would like to join us.

Joe, Sunday morning Walnut 9am? Sounds like fun anyone else?
claring

Postby Howie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:26 am

9am Walnut, Sunday morning.... pencil me in....
Howie

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:28 am

Sounds good Claring...unless it is raining...then I will be staying home :D
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

boone saturday?

Postby Ron u » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:54 am

some of us newton folks are playing boone saturday. mayb around 1
Ron u

Postby Peil » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Saw you guys out in Thornton this morning. Be sure to post what courses you played and what you thought of them. Hope you enjoyed your trip up north.
Peil

Postby claring » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Peily wrote:Saw you guys out in Thornton this morning. Be sure to post what courses you played and what you thought of them. Hope you enjoyed your trip up north.

We played Hampton, Coulter, Thornton, Mason City, Northwood, Lake Mills, Prairie City, & Belmond. More details about the courses to come.
claring

Postby Single L » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:57 pm

claring wrote:
Peily wrote:Saw you guys out in Thornton this morning. Be sure to post what courses you played and what you thought of them. Hope you enjoyed your trip up north.

We played Hampton, CoulterWTF this is actually a course, unique idea and design none the less , Thornton (Fun course, but with long tees would be really really fun and challenging) , Mason City, Northwood, Lake Mills, Prairie City, & Belmond (a lot of work went into the tee's sign's and baskets, but the course it very sort and not very tough, but its a great course to have in a very tiny town to get people exposed to DG). More details about the courses to come.

We played Forest City on our way to the Majestic …………..Should have played Forest City it’s a Gem ............... with a 1000 tweaks ............ the course has the potential to be a good course, but is slightly missing the mark. With some trimming and weedwhacking along with a good look-over by a top tier player this course could be great.

P.S. Use more of the wooded area that are at your disposal.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Dale Jordal » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 pm

porkchop wrote: ...............................snip.................
We played Forest City on our way to the Majestic …….Should have played Forest City it’s a Gem ............... with a 1000 tweaks ............ the course has the potential to be a good course, but is slightly missing the mark. With some trimming and weedwhacking along with a good look-over by a top tier player this course could be great.

P.S. Use more of the wooded area that are at your disposal.

Thanks for you kind words we keep working at FCDGC hopefully by this September we will have a lot more done and it will be looking good and playing even better.

The park department just about has the mowing down, we have to work out a few places yet but they mostly have it down now.

As far as the woods we used everywhere in East Woods that we are allowed to go into plus infringed into a few places that were forbiden. The good news we can do anything we want in North Woods and that should give us 3 great wooded holes plus one more open pole. If traffic is good we do expect to expand into there and make this 27 pole course ( or at least add 6 temp baskets and tees for tournament play )

If it quits raining we will be pouring concreate tees soon. Forms have been up for 3 weeks.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club