Dec 15 -17th

Dec 15 -17th

Postby AngelaT » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:47 am

Is anyone planning on playing at The Peninsula the next couple days? I want to check out this course!
Innova Team Champion www.innovadiscs.com * Team Huk Lab www.huklab.com *
Disc-Diva...You wish you threw like a girl! www.disc-diva.com *
Widye "Sick Dyes!" www.widye.com * Team IRON LION www.ironliondgs.com
AngelaT

Re: Dec 15 -17th

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:47 pm

Tschiggfrie wrote:Is anyone planning on playing at The Peninsula the next couple days? I want to check out this course!

No thanks, I dont feel like losing to a girl.

J/K : I think we are meeting up there aorund 9 AM Saturday, or at least sometime close to that. The Bushwackers are meeting there around 9.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby peyton » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:35 pm

Angela, check out the post on Iowa Tournaments. We are probably going to play on Saturday. Money rounds of some sort. Pins will be moved to the long or B positions hopefully.
peyton

Postby AngelaT » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:00 pm

I'll be there! Thanks guys.
AngelaT

Postby AngelaT » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:07 pm

This course blows my mind!

Nice work everyone! :D
AngelaT

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:11 pm

this course blows up my handicap. and shows my horrible putting skills. clay and i were 2 down with 3 holes left and finished 1 up. i seriously need to figure out how to putt
Abe Froman

Postby AO » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:02 pm

Buy a basket, get several of the same putters, find a routine, and practice several times a week or daily. You should see improvements. You might have to make some changes. It might be uncomfortable at first but in long run could help you out.
AO

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:38 am

i have done all of that, basket, same putters. ..etc.. just no consistency.. really ever actually. some days i'm money, most i'm crap. the time factor to commit to putting practice is not there also with having a 10 month old child. i would love to go play a round with u sometimes just us so i can get some help if possible. you seem to hit a lot of your putts from 30 or so ft in. consistency is what i need
Abe Froman

Putting

Postby prodiscgolf » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:05 am

It may seem insignificant, but start with a lot of 15 - 20 foot putts. When you make them all, move back another 3 feet. Many young players start off trying to make 30 - 40 foot putts without mastering the short ones. On the short putts, you'll fine tune your putting motion - a little variance left, right, up or down will matter because the flight of the disc won't compensate for the wrong release. Also, when you know you can make all your short putts, you won't worry so much about missing from 30 - 40 feet knowing you can make your come-back putt. You'll start making more of the longer ones because you'll stop thinking about "not missing" or where it's going to land when it misses. You'll be able to focus on making this putt.

Eventually the putting motion won't be the problem, but rather the motivation will. I putt a lot better when playing a game like D.I.S.C with someone else. Then you fine tune the mental aspect of the putt like I mentioned up above.
prodiscgolf

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park