2009 Work that needs to be done

2009 Work that needs to be done

Postby Kelly K » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:10 pm

First and foremost, the rebar sticking up in the stairs on #13 at Sugar needs to be hit with a sledgehammer.

Also we need to do something at the bottom of #13 at Turkey to stop/control the erosion over the pad.

I personally plan on getting some paint to paint the stumps at Turkey and Penn. on my own time (if kevin will give me his paint gun thingy). ~Inverted Orange Paint, yes i was paying attention.
Kelly K

Postby Kelly K » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:19 am

Within the last couple weeks, I have updated both the message boards at Turkey and Sugar.

Last night I walked Turkey and painted all the stumps I could see.

Then played a round with some people at Peninsula and marked more stumps.

We are planning a work day very soon for Sugar and Turkey to get them ready for the tourney in June.
Kelly K

Re: 2009 Work that needs to be done

Postby OU812_LukeS » Fri May 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Kelly B wrote:First and foremost, the rebar sticking up in the stairs on #13 at Sugar needs to be hit with a sledgehammer.

Also we need to do something at the bottom of #13 at Turkey to stop/control the erosion over the pad.

I personally plan on getting some paint to paint the stumps at Turkey and Penn. on my own time (if kevin will give me his paint gun thingy). ~Inverted Orange Paint, yes i was paying attention.

So has the rebar been pounded, or the erosion addressed? Asking so I don't go all the way out there to do it if so.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby wspdiscgolf » Fri May 01, 2009 1:41 pm

rebar on #13 at sugar has been pounded.

i think the kev and mark met with the rangers, and the rangers were going to do something about the erosion problems on #11s tee at sugar. so i wouldnt go out of your way to address that.
wspdiscgolf

Suggestions from a new player.

Postby jnecessary » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:04 pm

A lady I work with and her husband have been getting really into disc golf lately. I asked her what improvements she would like to see in our local courses. As it turns out, Sugar Bottom is their favorite course and she has suggested that we put up a couple signs to make the course flow better for new players.

Between hole 3 and 4 you have to backtrack the last 1/3 of 3's fairway to get to 4's teepad, she said a sign either in or off to the side of 3's fairway pointing to 4's teepad or path would be really helpful. She suggested the same thing for I think it is hole 11 or 12 (the one where the 2 long positions are throwing to a green across the creek on a little RHBH anhyzer). I don't think this one is as big a deal or as confusing as 3, but I can see where she is coming from as a first time going to Sugar Bottom.
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:19 am

Harper and I played the Pen last night and it really got hit hard by the wind storm Tuesday. There were trees or parts of them downed on nearly every hole. Lots to be done
jnecessary

Return to Iowa City Disc Golf Club