one of the best

one of the best

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:20 pm

just thought it was funny that of the 3 player bios up on the main page... all of us listed J&B. now thats a compliment!
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:50 pm
Location: Quad Cities

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:33 am

Yeah, J&B ranks up pretty high. Bobs a real cool guy also. Easily one of the best courses in Iowa, and thats saying something.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby johnemus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:40 pm

Ive never played J&B before, is it similar to Ewing or is it a shorer course? I am just curious.
johnemus
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: UNI

Postby Kelly K » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:54 pm

Played this course yesterday, was very impressed!!! nice land, great course!!! :D :D
User avatar
Kelly K
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:02 am
Location: Coralville

Postby irban » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:09 pm

Most people like it. Clue really loves it.
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Captain » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:23 pm

J&B is top five in the state, IMO.

But I think the course could use some tweeks here and there. Some of the holes are those bad distances where no one is going to two it, but everyone can three it. This equals boring golf.

I know Bob talked with Sprague a couple of years ago about a redesign, but I don't know what happened to that.
User avatar
Captain
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: IC

Postby shane » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:12 pm

If you play J and B with the fairways ob like he used to for the tourneys it plays very well.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:31 am

I agree, I don't know why he quit doing that. It made it play way tougher, especially when the wind is howling.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8552
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby nrapp41 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:52 pm

i really enjoy this course as well. easily one of my favorites. would love to play minus the wind though. looking forward to the next tourney!
nrapp41
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: Princeton. Yeah, not the school.

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 am

nrapp41 wrote:i really enjoy this course as well. easily one of my favorites. would love to play minus the wind though. looking forward to the next tourney!
good luck with that, a 30 m.p.h wind is a slight breeze out there, i have never seen a calm day out there
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby KVN » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:46 pm

MY new favorite Iowa course, just what you want for shots,great challenge,
Long drives,blind holes, tough greens,OB's water,sun wind & rain :P
KVN
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: Ceader Chip IA

Postby Clue » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:07 am

Captain wrote:But I think the course could use some tweeks here and there. Some of the holes are those bad distances where no one is going to two it, but everyone can three it. This equals boring golf.
Clue
 
Posts: 4398
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby KVN » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:36 am

Clue wrote:
Captain wrote:But I think the course could use some tweeks here and there. Some of the holes are those bad distances where no one is going to two it, but everyone can three it. This equals boring golf.


What holes ? I felt like DanK & I could have dueced any hole on that course. THE WIND seemed to be the only thing keeping our putts out
of the chains. With level concrete pads the course would play even easier.
I would like to see the score avg for each hole to see what boring golf
holes look like?
KVN
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: Ceader Chip IA

Postby shane » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:39 am

KVN wrote: I would like to see the score avg for each hole to see what boring golf holes look like?


I'll get right on that.

I suppose I could give you the cards. :wink:
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Postby KVN » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:50 am

shane wrote:
KVN wrote: I would like to see the score avg for each hole to see what boring golf holes look like?


I'll get right on that.

I suppose I could give you the cards. :wink:


aren't you busy enough? 8)
KVN
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: Ceader Chip IA

Next

Return to Lamoni - J&B Rolling Hills

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron