New Driver

All Discraft product discussion

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 am

SARG27044 wrote:I use to love the wildcat. dont know why i ever stopped throwing it.

Same here. I remember when it first came out, seemed like everybody was throwing it. Now...hardly anybody throws it. I remember watching Duden throw those things when he first came on the scene.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:10 pm

AO wrote:So is the Wildcat. lol!

3:44 AM?

I was drinkin' son!
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby AO » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Really?!?!?!?!?!?
AO

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:55 pm

don't you have a basketball team to tend to?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby AO » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:52 am

Might be the funniest shit ever!
AO

Postby AO » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:07 am

I recently read on the team forum that Discraft is trying to run a new high speed driver but they are having trouble with getting consistent molds.
AO

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:46 pm

watch em copy the Boss, and name it the E-Street or something connected...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby harryPutter » Mon May 04, 2009 3:01 pm

KVN wrote:I can not believe this guy at Dcraft . I'am just floored by the lack of originality over the last few years by Jim & gang. I worked very hard to create unique designs at quest, although many of my attempts were put down or changed into something I was not proud of (turbo /ten meter brick). . I did design with Steve the INFERNO Raging & Raging DT,my three fave of our releases. So why does Dcraft even make this mold of a Monarch/Groove, and isn't there a law against this? Or atleast a code of ethics.I don't know who approves the discs for release but I would guess it is Jim.He has been following the leader so long maybe he should change the name to
Discnovacraft. ( nothing against the D gang just like originality )

OK, just to clarify, the Avenger is nothing even close to the Orc. Also the reason the groove has a groove in the bevel is because they had to take weight off of the disc in order to produce such a wide rim and keep it within regulation. It's actually really difficult to make super fast discs within the PDGA size and weight parameters. That's not original, other companies like whamo and Gateway have been running discs like that for a while. Because Discraft is doing something similar doesn't mean anything except that it's needed technically in order to produce a disc with that kind of wing and speed.

Also, it's gone both ways since the beginning, and Discraft paid HUGE money to even be in the game for as long as they have. (Cyclone, Buzz, XL) I'm pretty sure that Innova used to be paid for every competitive model of disc out there because of their ownership of the beveled disc patent. Not only that but this is business, and you have to meet demand. Discraft still holds true to new designs, and although a disc might seem the same to us when it's made it requires just as much work. Just my opinion of course.
harryPutter

Postby ghstinshll » Mon May 04, 2009 4:10 pm

very well said
##39027
ghstinshll

Previous

Return to Discraft