The Only Other "Real" Hobby

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Cydisc » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:37 pm

The Donator wrote:Big mistake, nastiest "beer" i have ever tried in my life.

I trusted my instincts on that one. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
Cydisc

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 am

Best seasonal brew out there right now = Santa's Butt. It is like chocolate peppermint. Other notables include; Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale and Ayinger Clebration Ale.
Buzzznation

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:50 pm

The Donator wrote:
porkchop wrote:My favorite Seasonal Flavored brew is Leinenkugel's Apple Spice. Great brew for those non-wine drinkers to enjoy with those huge feasts that are on the horizon.

Picked up a 6 of this the other night. Big mistake, nastiest "beer" i have ever tried in my life. Spewed out the first sip and almost puked, waaaayyy too much cinnamon/spice in it, and it didnt even taste like beer. I went outside to throw it in the dumpster, and there was a bum nearby and asked what I had. I showed him and asked if he wanted it, and he said "Hell no, that sh*t is garbage." No joke!

Sorry you didn't like it Lindsley. It’s like Gateway Plastic, some love it, some don’t, it’s not for everybody.

If Leinenkugel's beers were Gateway Discs; Apple Spice would be the Speed Demon, few love it or even use it; and Honey Weiss would be a Wizard, very well liked, but not # 1 choice for most.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby grodney » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:21 pm

porkchop wrote:If Leinenkugel's beers were Gateway Discs; Apple Spice would be the Speed Demon, few love it or even use it; and Honey Weiss would be a Wizard, very well liked, but not # 1 choice for most.

And Autumn Gold, the hands down best all around, uhhhhh, wouldn't exist.
grodney

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:33 pm

grodney wrote:
porkchop wrote:If Leinenkugel's beers were Gateway Discs; Apple Spice would be the Speed Demon, few love it or even use it; and Honey Weiss would be a Wizard, very well liked, but not # 1 choice for most.

And Autumn Gold, the hands down best all around, uhhhhh, wouldn't exist.

True, because most of Leinenkugel beers are far better than any gateway disc. This is where my beer to disc analogy gets shot down.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby The Donator » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:57 pm

Lol, sorry, I did kinda go off on that beer. But if someone offered me a Prarie-fire shot or a swig of the Apple Spice, id take the shot, hands down.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:29 pm

lol, fire water, or a whiskey -n- water, with a straw? :lol:
GDL17921

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:36 pm

I still say a stirring straw is a legal move.

I don't care what you all think...
10up

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:50 pm

The Donator wrote:Lol, sorry, I did kinda go off on that beer. But if someone offered me a Prarie-fire shot or a swig of the Apple Spice, id take the shot, hands down.

I'd go with the Cement Mixer, Yummy :lol:
Single L

Postby The Donator » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:03 pm

Haha, those actually arent too bad. Reminds me of the "dead fetus" shot.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:22 pm

The only time I had a Cement Mixer was when I was sh$tfaced. The curdled texture didn’t help, I followed by producing my own curdled texture. So hence the reason I refuse to enjoy them or even try another one.

What the F is a dead Fetus, do I dare ask?
Single L

Postby Cydisc » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:16 pm

Man Law: No shots with funny names.

Acceptable shot names:

1) Commemorativo

That's it. That's the list.
Cydisc

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:59 pm

Anybody tried the Nut Cracker Ale from Boulevard? I thought about picking up a sixer later this week.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:11 am

10up wrote:I still say a stirring straw is a legal move.

very legal. i enjoy the straw action with my whisky\scotch on the rocks. just to stirr. never to sip.
porkchop wrote:I'd go with the Cement Mixer, Yummy

those are fu<kin gross. thats what i give to drunk fu<ks that ask for a free shot. it's like shooting a load into a chicks mouth. coagulation = nasty
porkchop wrote:What the F is a dead Fetus, do I dare ask?

2 ways to make it, similar to a bloody brain. equal parts vodka\peach schnapps\sprite. pour in a lil baileys to sink to the bottom and lil grenadine will sink too. actually not bad. the other way has tequila rose which people will sometimes call a "used condom". but other people have different recipes
Last edited by Abe Froman on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:15 am

cydisc11895 wrote:Man Law: No shots with funny names.

Acceptable shot names:

1) Commemorativo

That's it. That's the list.

no way to do that. otherwise chicks wouldn't want to order one. which = no drunk chicks which= no drunk sex. big dilema. however i did make up a shot called the "afternoon delight". its a 5 layer shot made in a martini glass. spinoff of the "sexy alligator" which is 3 layers

and to get back on the beer thread, the best beers in the world are made in belgium. thats what beer it supposed to taste like.
Abe Froman

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff