DM Teams '09

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

How do you think spots should be picked?

Hand Picked
30%
Voted in by players
14%
Earned (by some way tbd)
57%

Total votes : 37

Postby The Donator » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:02 pm

yessir
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Jay is right. I talked to Shawn Sinclair who is a big part of that scene. They are going through a big shift in power and he told me to stay away this year. They don't trust whoever it is that is running it and you will get ripped off. They also lost their NT status for the first time since ever.
Clue

Postby Cydisc » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:15 pm

SARG27044 wrote:Dude! Wtf. i told u not to tell anybody! :lol: Ive been to many o' strip joints. Its just the accent they have that gets my blood pumping. "and you ate a box of nerds outta her a-hole" name that movie!

Mary Poppins?
Cydisc

Postby Clue » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Gentleman, and ladies if there are any present:

Today, Shane and I had a brainstorming session to come up with the best but not necessarily the brightest DM has to offer. As you know, only 3 spots were secured this fall leaving 7 at large for the first team and possibly 20 more at large for 2 more teams.

Assuming we are able to fill 3 teams, 3 spots will be women, 3 will be geezers, leaving 24 Open and Adv players.

I wish I would've done a better job of qualifying people. There were and are a lot of variables and the timing of the tournament has not helped. I hope with the support of all of you that we can incorporate the Iowa Tour with helping formulate teams for the following year.

In the meantime I am going to do my best to place those that want to participate in this year's event. My goal this year was to at least give everyone a chance at automatically qualifying and I feel that I accomplished that. I fully realize that somebody may get overlooked or passed over who felt they deserved to be on a team or a certain team. I hope these people realize that there is always going to be somebody deserving that gets bumped. This process is like trying to select bowl teams in college football.

Again, if anyone has any questions or wants to play, please PM me. This tournament is coming up in less than 2 months. I'm hoping to have 3 teams locked up in a week.
Clue

Previous

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club