DM Teams '09

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

How do you think spots should be picked?

Hand Picked
30%
Voted in by players
14%
Earned (by some way tbd)
57%

Total votes : 37

team event

Postby DLCdisc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:12 pm

This event sounds like as much fun as watching you guys go back and forth hacking on each other. As far as suggestions for food players for your masters, I would think Daryl Culver and Frank Holmes would be great for this style of play. They are both smart as hell, consistent, and capable of hot rounds. As far as any other openings, I wouldn't mind playing as low man on one of these teams if you need anyone. I completely understand if I'm not in the running though.

Damon Culver
DLCdisc

Postby crazykrug » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:48 pm

I would try to make the team but that is the same weekend as Bowling Green this year :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted:
crazykrug

team event

Postby DLCdisc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Oh Crap,

I had to e-mail the Bowling Green Disc Golf Club to find out when that event was. Teams sounds like fun, but BG was the shizz. I just can't believe that the BG tournament has not been posted on the schedule yet. Just to make sure the information I have is current -- Are you talking about the first weekend in April??

DLCdisc
DLCdisc

Postby The Donator » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Team Tournament> BG

AINEC
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Re: team event

Postby crazykrug » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:11 am

DLCdisc wrote:Oh Crap,

I had to e-mail the Bowling Green Disc Golf Club to find out when that event was. Teams sounds like fun, but BG was the shizz. I just can't believe that the BG tournament has not been posted on the schedule yet. Just to make sure the information I have is current -- Are you talking about the first weekend in April??

DLCdisc

Damon,

It is April 3 -5, it isn't listed under the tournaments yet but it is listed here

http://www.pdga.com/2009-pdga-tour-schedule

Sounds like pre-registration starts Feb 1 after checking the BG club website.

They are having their meeting next Tuesday so I am sure more details will come out of that.
crazykrug

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:31 am

crazykrug wrote:I would try to make the team but that is the same weekend as Bowling Green this year :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted:
shit! didnt even think about that. might have to change my plans, loved the team tourny last year but i sucked it up at BG last year and I have to do better this year, and its the last year ill prolly be playin ADV.
SARG27044

Team event

Postby DLCdisc » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:47 am

I got a reply back from the BG club about the three day format. It looks like it will be one round Friday afternoon, two rounds on Saturday, and the final round on Sunday morning. He said they want to finish the final nine in daylight and get people a head start on a long drive home. He also said they are looking at possibly accommodating even more players. Not sure how they'll do that.

DLCdisc
DLCdisc

Postby crazykrug » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:29 am

BG should be fun. I already got the plane, car and hotel booked.

I am flying because I have a buddy that lives in Nashville so I am going to hang out with him before and after the tournament. I might even catch a Nashville Predators NHL game.
crazykrug

Re: Team event

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:37 am

DLCdisc wrote:I got a reply back from the BG club about the three day format. It looks like it will be one round Friday afternoon, two rounds on Saturday, and the final round on Sunday morning. He said they want to finish the final nine in daylight and get people a head start on a long drive home. He also said they are looking at possibly accommodating even more players. Not sure how they'll do that.

DLCdisc
that will be nice compared to last year with the final 9 being finished in the dark then having the awards after. still i prolly wont leave til the day after cuz im not feeling like driving through the night again,
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:45 am

Let me assure you BG fanatics that this is not the year to go to BG. Definately not plugging for the Team event, just calling an apple an apple. The new guys still have a lot of shit to figure out when it comes to running this event. Give 'em a couple years, it's not going anywhere, it'll just get better in a couple years, I think. Those guys don't really have they're shit together down there yet, since LB isn't running it anymore. If you don't believe me, talk to somebody that went last year, and then get on their forums and read between the lines. Way too long of a trip for a poorly run A-Tier with horrible payouts.
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:09 pm

it wasnt horrible last year.... but ive seen better. Yes it will be there for years to come, but i dont have many more years of Adv. left. They play Disc Golf down there right? Sweet! im just going for the southern strippers again! dg will just be an added extra :wink: and yes the payouts were ugly-says the guy who didnt cash lol.
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:57 pm

I didn't go last year, I'm going off everything alot of people have said adn what I've read. And it's to be expected. No big surprise really. You don't just take over a 900 person tournament and have it run seamlessly the first or second time you do it. The one year I did go, I cashed. Not where I wanted to, but I did cash. That's always been the case though with the payouts down there. It's the biggest am-scam on the planet. They get a bunch of stuff for cheap, and you do get a decent player pack----and then justify their shitty payouts with their player packs. But don't be fooled by the numbers. THe value that they take out of your entry for your player pack isn't what they have in it. BG ams is just a fundraiser for the Bell South Open. I'm not travelling down there again till I'm ready to go to the NT. If I'm going to donate to that tourney, it's going to be because I played poorly in that tournament.

And WTF do you have to go to KY to go to a strip joint? To embarrassed to wear your drag git-up in Des Moines? :lol:
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Dude! Wtf. i told u not to tell anybody! :lol: Ive been to many o' strip joints. Its just the accent they have that gets my blood pumping. "and you ate a box of nerds outta her a-hole" name that movie!
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:36 pm

After attending BG for two years a couple years ago, I never really have understood why its "THE" tournament for ams to go to. Its like OMG Bowling Green is in two months, gotta go gotta go gotta go!! Gotta get my revenge!!!! On what?

Yeah a ton of people play it, but its not like the courses are out of this world. Its a straight up am-scam, a money-drainer, and extremely overrated. No offense to Steve, but within the last three to four years, do you remember anyone who won except for him? If your an am and looking for a well-run, polished and prestigous amateur tournament to go to that is worth your money and time, go to am worlds.

But for this year, play the team tourney!!!
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Like_Water » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:56 pm

The Donator wrote: If your an am and looking for a well-run, polished and prestigous amateur tournament to go to that is worth your money and time, go to am worlds.

Or the DM Challenge! :wink:

Lindsel, you back in DM yet or what?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club