Trick or Treat kiddies!

Moderator: peyton

Trick or Treat kiddies!

Postby brox » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:17 pm

So I still got this planned for FRIDAY OCTOBER 31ST @ HIAWATHA FAYE CLARK PARK!!!

So the the sunset is scheduled to be at 6:01pm on 10-31-2008

So sign up is from 5:30pm to 6:15pm

Beer crack start at 6:15 or 6:30

Same crap, Ill provide everything (lights for the baskets and pads, and discs (2 lights per person)

The price is the same $5.00 if you use my disc lights or $3.00 if you bring your own.

Im going to take out $25 for the materials cost. The rest of the money will be split between 1,2 and 3rd place.

So the more people you get to come out the more money you can win!

So start talkin smack to your friends now and get them to come out!

We will be done about 8:30 or 9:00 I believe depending on the amount of people that show up, so you still got time to get all fancy for whatever your doing for the holiday.

Ill be there like 4:30 or 5:00 so if you want to help set up your entry is free mainly because Im lazy.

This is still weather permitting so if it's raining, dont come out cause I wont be there, if it does rain I will reschedule.

I think that's it, if I forgot anything hit me up

319-447-7774
broxey@gmail.com

broxey
brox

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:03 pm

I picked up quite a few glow sticks in the parking lot there, and you guys left quite a bit of stuff around at Shaver. Please pick up after yourselves
frogawitdafizzle

Postby AO » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:I picked up quite a few glow sticks in the parking lot there, and you guys left quite a bit of stuff around at Shaver. Please pick up after yourselves

Still some string on the baskets.
AO

Postby Single L » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:51 pm

I played Clark Park today on my way back to CR from Wildcat and I hope you never hold a tournament again. I picked up about 100 beer cans (mostly Coors Light, that were fresh), about a half dozen glow sticks off the baskets, and a Coors Light beer box. You guys left this park in udder disgrace. The way I hear it this is not the first time one of your events has left a course a mess, this is a very good way for parks departments to no longer allow new courses and to pull current courses. I hope the rest event you hold (if there is one) a bunch of dedicated DGers show up tell you what’s up. I was not happy to see this :evil:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:39 am

Wow! Thats good to hear. :roll: A lot of people use that track during breaks at work and in the evening. Pick up your Chucking shit. That goes for all the parks you play at.
AO

Postby brox » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Last edited by brox on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brox

Postby Single L » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:15 pm

broxey wrote:*I personally grabbed all of the glowsticks off of the baskets as we got done playing each hole anyone that was there can tell you this. I wouldn't lie, I pulled them off of two baskets (holes 1 and 16), and picked up a few that where on the ground. I also pulled clear tape off of about half the baskets. Proof: you used two glow stick’s per hole, one next to the other vertically facing the tee, taped to the pole in the sweet spot with clear tape on the top and bottom of the sticks./color]

*Secondly the beer cans were not from anyone in my group as I was the last group to throw. [color=red]I played Clark Park at about 11:30 am on Saturday and it was a tad brisk and super windy. These factors and the location lead me to doubt a bunch of chuckers were out in the AM drinking a case and trashing the course.

*This was halloween night and we were out of there about 9pm so what ever happened after that I cannot be held responsible for. See above reasons....... and Clark Park is nowhere near a residential area where chuckers will go hang out to drink beers, especially for glow. The cans happened to follow the holes perfectly and many were at the many rock piles by the tee's.

*Also 3 of Hiawatha's finest made an appearance as we were ending about 9pm and came and talked to us and even threw a couple discs. If the park was in such disarray they would have said something, they shined there lights on the entire park. The majority of the cans were on the back 9 or holes near the back of the park. (hard to see from the parking lot) and the ones that were on the front of the course were along the grass planting or among the rock piles (again hard to see)

I don't know you or have a beef with you so I wouldn't make this shit up. I lived in Cedar Rapids for many years and know the trend of the chuckers, they mainly are at Jones, a few at Shaver and after Chuckers have their way with Shaver it usually looks better than how I found Clark. Bottom line I have a hard time believing anyone with that amount of beer and motivation to play a complete round was there playing a round between 9:00pm and 11:30am. It could have happened but it's highly unlikely.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:24 pm

dude, I wouldn't be trashing courses if I lived in the same state, let alone area, as Frog and Stiers. Those guys will fVCK you up!
GDL17921

Postby brox » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Last edited by brox on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brox

Postby Single L » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:02 pm

broxey wrote:When I do throw the next one I will make sure not only to take the lights down off of the holes as we finish each one but I will do an "after walkthrough" with a flashlight just to make sure there is no litter or anything else left behind. This is the best that I can do and offer. (im not one of those high school kids at jones chucking bottles and trash as they please, i am usually the exact opposite of that).

-I hope this clears some things up, im not trying to make enemies or create drama as my goal is to throw a night tournie monthly if possible and with the support of other local and non local dgers.

I am the one that cleaned up after you at Clark and I accept your apology; I don’t know if the local's have or not but that's for them to decide. I assure you that there will be people keeping a close eye on your next event and will be there as soon as it’s over to make sure everything is copacetic. I hope your next event goes well and has a very clean ending.
Single L

Postby brox » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 am

.. thanks will do.
Last edited by brox on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brox

sorry.

Postby brox » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Ill have the results of the halloween tournie on Monday the 17th.

Sorry bout the delay Ive been swamped at work with database issues and such.

Check back monday afternoon for the results.
brox

Postby geoffreylaw » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:38 pm

porkchop wrote:
broxey wrote:When I do throw the next one I will make sure not only to take the lights down off of the holes as we finish each one but I will do an "after walkthrough" with a flashlight just to make sure there is no litter or anything else left behind. This is the best that I can do and offer. (im not one of those high school kids at jones chucking bottles and trash as they please, i am usually the exact opposite of that).

-I hope this clears some things up, im not trying to make enemies or create drama as my goal is to throw a night tournie monthly if possible and with the support of other local and non local dgers.

I hope your next event goes well and has a very clean ending.

Fat F'n chance, hombre. I'm planning on showing at the next one. I'm gonna be getting dirty and trashy all over that course.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Return to Cedar Rapids Club