Looking for experienced players to join up with :)

Moderator: peyton

Looking for experienced players to join up with :)

Postby anubis080 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:32 am

Hello, I am brand new to the forum and to this site for that matter. I have been playing disc golf for about 3 seasons now and am looking for some experienced disc golfers to play with so that I may learn some more about the sport and improve my game.

I always have a good time, even if I'm shooting above par :P lol. I've played just about every course in the CR/IC area, including Wildcat. I guess I just love playing disc golf and would like to hang out with some people who do as well!

Since I currently don't work, I'm pretty much free everyday of the week at any time. I've been playing Shaver and Jones a lot lately because I want to enter in my first tournament, the Project Puffin one this coming weekend.

Well, if you're interested, give me a buzz at 319 899 4984

Mike :D
anubis080

Postby AO » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Come play Saturday. Laid back tourney where you can choose the division you play in. We play Shaver then Jones. It will be a good time and chili is served at lunch.
AO

Postby irban » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Don't listen to AO Mike. He's no good. :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Single L » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:21 pm

AO wrote:Come play Saturday. Laid back tourney where you can choose the division you play in. We play Shaver then Jones. It will be a good time and chili is served at lunch.

anubis080 wrote:I've been playing Shaver and Jones a lot lately because I want to enter in my first tournament, the Project Puffin one this coming weekend.D

:roll:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby anubis080 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:47 pm

Haha nice. I'm thinkin that I will most likely play in the tourney. I saw it's gunna be iffy weather, but that's life :evil:

mmmm, chili. I'm a man who likes his chili.

I've seen AO a couple times out there, found his friend's disc on 17 when they were playin towards hole 1 :P I remember just about anyone I see out there. You were also throwing anny on 18 around the pine tree one day...I was just beating in a disc on the tree behind the hole lol....stalker :roll:

There was a fellow I had the pleasure of playing with once, his first name was Tony. Real tall guy with dark hair, anyone else play with him at all? He was the person who told me to switch to backhand and changed my game for the better :)
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby irban » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Obviously kidding about AO. Only need to look at his rating on PDGA. There are a lot of good players, and disc golfing people in your area.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:38 pm

anubis080 wrote:Haha nice. I'm thinkin that I will most likely play in the tourney. I saw it's gunna be iffy weather, but that's life :evil:

mmmm, chili. I'm a man who likes his chili.

I've seen AO a couple times out there, found his friend's disc on 17 when they were playin towards hole 1 :P I remember just about anyone I see out there. You were also throwing anny on 18 around the pine tree one day...I was just beating in a disc on the tree behind the hole lol....stalker :roll:

There was a fellow I had the pleasure of playing with once, his first name was Tony. Real tall guy with dark hair, anyone else play with him at all? He was the person who told me to switch to backhand and changed my game for the better :)

Tony philips
frogawitdafizzle

Postby anubis080 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:01 am

Yeah, he was a really nice guy. So, any out there wanna play in the next couple days? It's supposed to be crappy out so I figured I'd play a few rounds in it to get used to the tourney on Saturday.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Return to Cedar Rapids Club