Post Chronology

Let us know what you want to see on the forum, or on the main website.

Post Chronology

Postby DVS1 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:52 am

I noticed that the "view posts since last visit" will show you posts since your last visit (obviously) and I think it will also update that list while you are still logged on. I do miss the more complete reverse chronology sort (I think it was “view recent posts”) that the Q.C. forum had. Is that option available (and I am just not seeing it?), or is it just not implemented, or, worse yet, is it not implementable without some special MOD you’d have to make for phpbb?

What would be really cool is if the whole forum, each section, and each subsection had their own “view recent posts” ability. Examples: The Forum Home/Index page would have a “view recent posts” link to show all the posts of the entire forum in RCO (reverse chronological order). The General page would have it’s own “view recent posts” link to show all the posts of the General section in RCO. And the Stuff page would have it’s own “view recent posts” link to show all the posts of the Stuff subsection in RCO.

I know it’s probably a lot of work, but that’s how the App. Dev. side of my mind works, and it would be frickin awesome. Let me know if you guys would like help researching those possibilities.

Or you can tell me to blow out my ass!:D In Mike's words that would be "ARE YOU EFFIN CRAZY?!!!!".
DVS1

RCO most recent posts

Postby KePP » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:02 am

Great post. This exact request was on my list of future posts to make, and I'm glad I didn't yet because you did it so well. I hadn't thought of having recent posts for each section, also. Considering the breadth and inclusion of this forum/project, that would be very helpful - particularly in the club designated sections.

I also wish the posts under "since last visit" or whatever were expanded instead of having to click each of them. That same wish would obviously apply to Dan's request.

And lastly, the more per page, the better.
KePP

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:29 am

I'll look for a mod/hack that does that. Have you tried the "Posts since last visit" link in the top right hand corner?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby flyinplastic23 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:48 am

mike nice quote...
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Re: Post Chronology

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:47 pm

DVS1 wrote:
In Mike's words that would be "ARE YOU EFFIN CRAZY?!!!!".

Those arent Mikes words. I agree though, that would be cool and is a good idea.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby KePP » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:43 pm

Warning: useless information to follow. I like how when you search "Your Posts" its called an egosearch. Wonder if that's a Mike/Brad special or a BB special.
KePP

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:53 am

just close out your session when not on the computer. and when you return, the posts that came since yer last visit are highlighted in yellow. derrrr
Abe Froman

Postby KePP » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:26 pm

"View Posts Since Last Visit" is crap. It often "resets" so you lose the list of new posts and have to go through every forum individually and look by date. A lot of work to read a few posts...
KePP

Return to Suggestions