DM Teams '09

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

How do you think spots should be picked?

Hand Picked
30%
Voted in by players
14%
Earned (by some way tbd)
57%

Total votes : 37

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:21 am

lmao - could we use any longer posts to make quotes of? :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Clue » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:40 pm

ATTENTION: Des Moines Area Disc Golfers

Anyone interested in earning an automatic invite to be on the '09 DM A Team can do so by competing in either the GVCC Classic or the Big Nut Open in Oct.

Open Div: Any DM area player who finishes in the top 3 at either tournament will be invited. If no area players finish in the top 3 then just the top finisher will get the invite. The top DM finisher will have to at least be in the money to get the automatic invite.

Adv Div: This spot is a little tougher. Only the winner in the Adv div will get an invitation. If the winner is not from the DM area then no invitation will be extended. The reason for this is that we will not know which pro players will be eligible for Adv and there are only 3 spots to fill.

This is not intended to fill the entire roster. This is simply a way to give everyone a shot at earning a spot on the team.
Clue

Postby The Donator » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:47 pm

So I graduate this fall, will be moving back to dsm, what if I play and qualify in one of the said spots?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:17 am

The Donator wrote:So I graduate this fall, will be moving back to dsm, what if I play and qualify in one of the said spots?

I will take that into consideration. Teams won't be finalized until spring, so if you are here, eligible, and want to play, then I would honor that spot.

I did want to clarify one thing, if you qualify in open and you are eligible to play Adv, it's likely I would put you in that slot. I don't think that would be a problem for anyone, but anyone on the team with a rating of 960 or less I'm going to put in the Adv slots.
Clue

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:26 am

The Donator wrote:So I graduate this fall, will be moving back to dsm, what if I play and qualify in one of the said spots?

That a boy Lindsley. You moving back for good?
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby The Donator » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 am

Not sure yet but looking like it...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:39 am

The Donator wrote:Not sure yet but looking like it...

"Katy bar the door." As if DSM Golf couldn't get any better. It just did. This is the biggest thing to happen to DSM disc golf since Corey and Joe introduced Bushwacker's.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Clue » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:45 pm

Buzzznation wrote:This is the biggest thing to happen to DSM disc golf since Corey and Joe introduced Bushwacker's.

Why, because of all the dead money?
Clue

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Clue wrote:
Buzzznation wrote:This is the biggest thing to happen to DSM disc golf since Corey and Joe introduced Bushwacker's.

Well, I guess you could call all the added cash they got for the Challenge "dead money" since you opted to play advanced. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Clue » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Clue wrote:

Well, I guess you could call all the added cash they got for the Challenge "dead money" since you opted to play advanced. :lol:

I knew it. I knew when I made fun of you tonight that there was a reason. I just hadn't read it yet.
Clue

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:00 am

I'm taking it you've grabbed the reigns on this Clue...that's great.

Im not sure I will make either the Big Nut, or the GVCC. i have a sick mom right now and I'm not sure what the next few months hold for us. USDGC may be going by the wayside as well. I'll be more than ready by April though.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Clue » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:58 am

Hey, sorry to hear about your mother, Tanner. I hope things turn around and we see you back out. I expect there to be at least 1-2 spots available after qualifying. I have no criteria in mind to pick the last spot or two yet. Once the teams start to take shape, we'll have a better idea of who is available and who we need. If I'm not qualified, I'll play you for a spot in March. There are still going to be one or two other teams to consider. I don't care if I end up playing with Bushwhackers or heading up a 3rd team. We'll see how it all shakes down, but we won't forget you.
Clue

Postby Clue » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:23 pm

It's 2009 and after Ice Bowl the focus is quickly going to turn to the Iowa Team Championship. The date is Sat, April 4th. The A team has 4 people locked in: Duden and Whitson in the open division and Freddy and Claring in the Adv spots (assuming they want to play).

Let's assume we are going to fill 3 teams. We need 3 masters and 3 women. Can I get some nominations?

Everyone else that is wanting to play, there will be a sign up sheet at Ice Bowl or you can PM me. Please pass on the word as many people may not be reading this. I hope to have rosters finalized a couple weeks after Ice Bowl.
Clue

Postby rightcunnin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Assuming I'm physically able to play to a level that warrants playing in a competition, I will play in whatever division necessary( I'm eligible for Adv, Open and Masters)
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:23 am

I'm in. One of my favorite events of the year by far. Glad to see you're getting the word out early Clue.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club