DM Teams '09

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

How do you think spots should be picked?

Hand Picked
30%
Voted in by players
14%
Earned (by some way tbd)
57%

Total votes : 37

DM Teams '09

Postby Clue » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:50 pm

Team is going to be early this coming spring and I want us to be ready. DM is probably going to field 2 teams, but could field 3. I would like to have everyone on the same page regardless of how the teams develop (i.e. bushwhackers, GVCC, etc.). In an effort to do this I would like to get some feedback on how everyone would like to go about this.

My hope is to work with Corey and probably Shane on getting a list of all probable and interested players and figuring out a way to make teams out of them. Teams may be limited and we may not get everyone in, so we need to be organized and committed as early as possible.

Please PM me with your interest in playing with the subject *Team*. I will also be soliciting players and we will try to get this together quickly.
Clue

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:22 pm

April is early... crap!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby rightcunnin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:28 pm

ghstinshll wrote:April is early... crap!

Actually it comes at the same time every year :D
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Clue » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Wow, I'm really surprised by the voting so far....in a way. I've had a lot of response so far and by people who have not played before. I think this is going to be a big year for DM.
Clue

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:17 pm

votes eh?

I wonder how many from people who are actually going to play...

I suppose it's a good idea to get input so nobody feels "left out" there buddy. But you can rest assured most people are going to vote for a qualifier to entertain that thought in the back of their mind that "maybe I'll get it". Which they probably won't, and even if they did it wouldn't be in the best interest of the team. Whereas on the alternate side, if I'm Greenleaf or Tanner or Ernie or at least one or two of those guys (can't speak for anybody, I know) You aren't going to get me to qualify for a team I should obviously be on when I can make my own team with some friends and have to do less to get there.

You should know, it's all about doing less.

And yes, the way it was handled in the past was a little Elitist. But really the only qualms anybody had were with maybe the bottom 3 spots. If it's going to be an open audition, at least make a board of directors first. Top 6 should be easy.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby rightcunnin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:08 pm

10up wrote:votes eh?

I wonder how many from people who are actually going to play...

I suppose it's a good idea to get input so nobody feels "left out" there buddy. But you can rest assured most people are going to vote for a qualifier to entertain that thought in the back of their mind that "maybe I'll get it". Which they probably won't, and even if they did it wouldn't be in the best interest of the team. Whereas on the alternate side, if I'm Greenleaf or Tanner or Ernie or at least one or two of those guys (can't speak for anybody, I know) You aren't going to get me to qualify for a team I should obviously be on when I can make my own team with some friends and have to do less to get there.

You should know, it's all about doing less.

And yes, the way it was handled in the past was a little Elitist. But really the only qualms anybody had were with maybe the bottom 3 spots. If it's going to be an open audition, at least make a board of directors first. Top 6 should be easy.

You have to realize Dan that your whole scenario is based upon YOUR perception of who the OBVIOUS players are. I personally think if you can't qualify, maybe you aren't an obvious choice
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:21 pm

doent matter where i get put ill kick ass again this year. as long as it dosent turn out like the dm 2 team 2 years ago where i paid 50 extra bucks to get the team in and what happens the fuckers quit after the first round. u know who u r and ive considered u pussies since then and have lost all respect for u. i had to play cali against duden and ernie, did u see me complain. hell no i had fun til u wanted to throw my money away shitheads
SARG27044

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:27 pm

True, but I can be fairly certain that my perception is generally in line with the masses, at least as far as top 5 or 6 is concerned. After that, yes, it does get a little foggy.

I remember setting this up a couple years ago and we were talking about the teams.

I kind of recall bringing up a challenge game. Didn't get much support at that time because the teams were already set. But if I remember right I wanted something along the lines of the Top 6 set. At that time I think it was Tanner, Ernie, Duden, Clue, Beeman and Leaf. I wanted the next 4 spots to be filled by guys that would make a bad ass team together. I.E hold a putting/driving/approach/anni vs. hyzer/etc etc. Essentially any category you can think of and test. Because when I think about it, I'll take me a Vic Clark on any putt outside the circle over most anybody most of the time. Put Vic with an Eddie Mac, who can crush the drives to his range, you've got a hell of a doubles team. Same with a Walsh/Claring, or, God Forbid, a Whitson/Fausch.

On another note, I fully support Huspen's addition to the team, Shane was in a rare form of brilliance placing him as the #1 seed back in the day. That thought process is still very effective.
10up

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 pm

how is huspen as a one seed brilliant? award for the most retarded post goes to 10up :wink:
SARG27044

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:32 pm

:roll:

Someday you'll learn strategy too, then you'll be a really good golfer.

:wink:
10up

Postby GaW27166 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:38 pm

SARG27044 wrote:how is huspen as a one seed brilliant? award for the most retarded post goes to 10up :wink:

Same Reason we should have had our worst player last year as the # 1 seed. Make up points where you can and take a hit to do it.
GaW27166

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Also, having Huspen play along with Harper, Sprague, and Yeti, (at that time) had a much better chance of being detrimental to the other 3 teams total scores.

gj
10up

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:46 pm

10up wrote::roll:

i love takin advise about dg from ya, got any more :roll: . and why would u intentionaly try to lose points weaver. that sounds damn retarded to me as well
SARG27044

Postby GaW27166 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:50 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
10up wrote::roll:

i love takin advise about dg from ya, got any more :roll: . and why would u intentionaly try to lose points weaver. that sounds damn retarded to me as well

Its not rocket science. Who was our top guy last year...Clue? What are the odds that he is going to win against all of the number 1 seeds. AO, Sprague, Tanner Ect. Prolly not very good. Im not saying he couldnt just that its not likely that he would win very many. Now put our bottem seed at the top and take a loss where its quit possible it would have been a loss anyways. Put Clue as the number 2 where he dominates everyone and wins every match. Its strategy and that prolly would have helped us out last year since we were obviously the long shot to win.
GaW27166

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Just because you throw better doesn't mean you got it all figured out stud.
10up

Next

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club