Plans for the final 6 holes

Plans for the final 6 holes

Postby SoCal19 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:12 pm

Just curious if the club or anyone has any plans to make this fantastic course an 18 holer.
SoCal19

Postby FB32992 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:25 pm

yeah, it's called Hollowview if I remember correctly. or is that what is going to be between DG and middle?hhmmmm.u got me thinking now Groundhog!!
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992

Postby SoCal19 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:46 am

Yeah Hollowview is a completely different park that will have 9 holes in between DG and Middle. It's supposed to be a beginners course and a midrange, putter course for more advanced players. I would really like to see another 6 holes added to DG. I really like the temp holes tha Jim put up during the Carls Club tournament last spring, those were awesome holes. Just something to think about.
SoCal19

Postby SoCal19 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Does anybody ever look at this thread?
SoCal19

Postby flyinplastic23 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:57 pm

if its lower that the Iron Lion threads I dont look, except this one time.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:12 pm

SoCalSprtsbum32038 wrote:Does anybody ever look at this thread?

I don't.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Bring it up on the 27th, time permitting. I know it's been talked about but don't know any specifics. Sorry (not really).
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby SoCal19 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:37 pm

I will do that. Thanks Lou, you're swell. :D
SoCal19

Postby smalls51691 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:22 pm

are they every going to finish this course or are we going to waste the money on a lil 4 or 6 hole course where real disc golfers will never go.
smalls51691

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 pm

It's been finished...it's only going to be 12 holes.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

idea

Postby RedBird88 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:36 pm

Just a couple thoughts. First- the Devils Glen course is in Bettendorf and the Slattery Course is in Davenport, so the two really are two seperate issues. The best way to get Devils Glen expanded would be to convince Bettendorf to use the money planned for Hollowview for that expansion instead. Second- Yes the course at Slattery is only six holes, but look at the positives of the situation. The City didnt want a course that was going to draw a lot of people into the neighborhood, they wanted it to remain a somewhat peaceful area. They did agree however to accept a layout that was expandable to nine holes if the popularity of the course warranted it as well as asking for positions for alternate tees to expand it even further. The biggest positive of this course is that Davenport is recognizing the popularity of and value in disc golf courses being put into ANY park in town. There are plenty of larger courses in the area, why not toss in a few smaller courses to expand the player base of the sport. Let these parks be the place where families can take their kids to play and have fun, then when they get more into the sport they can head over to the larger full courses. These little courses can really be a great way to reach out to a sector of people who might not go to a larger, more difficult course. They would be great for more mature players, kids and families- all of which would then spend money in the local disc stores. Ever go to a small convenience store rather than a huge grocery store? They are just as busy if not more than the big box stores. Its the same concept- save some time, not fight the big crowds and still get what you came for. Finally, this course was brought about by the City itself (with Tracey's guidance), but They wanted it, They initiated it, They are paying for it, and They are installing it. Get this course in under these circumstances, let them see the success of it, then hit them up for courses in the larger under-utilized parks in town! Just my two cents worth...
RedBird88

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:36 am

well said.
GDL17921

Re: idea

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:40 am

RedBird88 wrote: The PERFECT answer!!!!!!!

*tear*

J/K, but job well done, man. Look @ DM: Southwoods for rec & high school. LOTS of participants. Waterworks & Crivaro for central & eastern people - LOTS of participation @ WW. No clue about Crivaro. I know for a fact that if WW & SW average probably 50 players a day just from the after school crowd... They're GREAT value-add courses for the sport. Increasing mainstream popularity is what is needed to ensure the continued growth of the sport.

Hey, not to hijack a thread - but how about the PV area? Is there any park area up that way? If not, the QCDGC shuld hit up the Dav Country Club for a temp tournament & fund raiser... the grounds out there are classic, hilly, challenging, and it's be KILLER to overlay a DG course there. Even if it was on off hours, late in the year - it'd RAWK.
##39027
ghstinshll

Return to Bettendorf - Devils Glen