Element EL in Evolution Plastic

The most stable forum here

Element EL in Evolution Plastic

Postby Bradbalk » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:17 pm

Great Midrange, the evolution plastic feels very nice, like a slightly softer star plastic. To me this disc flies very similiar to my Ching Stamped roc, read a slightly understable roc, only with a grippier and more durable plastic. I find this is becoming my go to approach disc.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby davidmac » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:52 am

We have been running the E plstic for about 4 years now which is pretty much the same as star. Out molds have different mass for most of them and one reason te E feels differnt from model to model.
We also try to formulate the E for certain flight characteristics.
If you need something similar with more stability the Element X is closer to a CE roc!

Brad,
How do you get a sponsored link?
David McCormack
PDGA # 2873
www.gdstour.com
davidmac

Postby davidmac » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:56 am

We have been running the E plastic for about 4 years now and have always felt it was great for golf discs, which is pretty much the same as star.
Our molds have a different mass for most of them and one reason the E feels different from model to model.
We also try to formulate the E for certain flight characteristics. Flexibility and dome have a big effect on high speed drivers and a maller effect on the mid-ranges. I would prefer a stiffer version of the E elements, but most who use them like the softer flexibility.
If you need something similar to the Element with more stability the Element X is closer to a CE roc in stability.

Brad,
How do you get a sponsored link?
David McCormack
PDGA # 2873
www.gdstour.com
davidmac

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:31 am

I wouldn't know what a CE roc throws like, there is no way I'm going to pony up the money they want for those to throw one, and then not be able to replace it if it does get lost. I will definitly check out the Element X, sounds like a good complement to the EL.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Mount » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:18 pm

I always thought the E plastic was like pro plastic and not star plastic.
Mount

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:13 pm

Mount wrote:I always thought the E plastic was like pro plastic and not star plastic.

No, E is thier version of Champion. Its more opaque, so it could be also be a Star type version plastic, like David suggested above.

We have some E-Xs in stock Brad.

Id like to see a stiffer version of the Element, although I dont know if it could make me take the Coyote out of my bag. They seem to be real similar, with the Element a little more overstable, the EX version obviously more.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby davidmac » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:00 pm

We do run some pure Urethane in some of our discs( clear and transluscent), but the H/E blends seem to feel and fly better. The H keeps the discs from being too flat.
Star plastic is a blend of soft Urethane H( pro-line) and a little bit of firm Urethane.
I was trying to buy a few thusand LBS of urethane that I had tracked down and the company didnt want to break up the 2 truck loads.
Innova wound up buying the 60,000 lbs and I got nothing.
Thats when I found out we were usingthe exact same material.
1 month later they had star p;astic.

Like I said we have been blending the urethane and proline for about 4 years, it is easier to mold the expensive urethane with a little H ( pro line) in it.
If you remember how much trouble innova had running CE, you would know why they started using the champion stuff which is lower grade of Urethane that is easier to process, but no where near as good of a feel in the hand as the original CE or even the E and star.!
David McCormack
PDGA # 2873
www.gdstour.com
davidmac

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:19 am

Interesting to hear that from you David. My very first reaction/comments on the star plastic was that it felt like Gateway plastic.
GDL17921

Postby davidmac » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:58 pm

Ill take that as a compliment 8)
David McCormack
PDGA # 2873
www.gdstour.com
davidmac

Postby Daddy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:54 pm

WOW, everyone is being so polite and actually trying to help one another out....is this a QC web site....until now.
Daddy

Postby GDL17921 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:32 pm

davidmac wrote:Ill take that as a compliment 8)

It was intended as such. Maybe a slight slam on Innova. 8)
GDL17921

Postby davidmac » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 pm

I guess there is an Iowa team event this weekend.

I was hoping to see some of you guys at the Gateway Open this weekend.JB and Festus are pretty sweet and there will be an Inferno in the players pack.

If anyone wants to come down I'm sure we can find you a place to stay.
David McCormack
PDGA # 2873
www.gdstour.com
davidmac

Postby SoCal19 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:56 am

I threw one of these today and I was pleasantly surprised. This disc flies like a perfectly beat in roc, with a ton of grip. Also, the rim is big enough so you can power grip it, if you need to lay into a shot. I might be giving some of the Gateway plastic a fair shot.
SoCal19

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:37 am

The Element is a very straight and true flying disc. I carry an "S" and an "E" in my bag. The "S" version is very nice for right turning shots. The "E" is very nice for the straight shot. And if you want something has a bit more stability to it, then try an "E" ELX. The new runs have about the same stability as a champion roc or z-wasp...but with more speed.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby davidmac » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:35 am

We have plenty of missed stamped Elements and element X's.
We offer a 5 for $35 missed stamped special for those who want to try some Gateway. 10 for $60 for those more than just curious.

email me directly, david@gdstour.com so we can get you exactly what you want or need.
David McCormack
PDGA # 2873
www.gdstour.com
davidmac

Next

Return to Gateway