So very close to being done

So very close to being done

Postby Cydisc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Surprisingly, I've never played an entire round out there but decided to take the plunge once I heard they got the water crossings in.

There are places that need some mowing and some trees that need trimming and some tees that need concrete and some signs need to be replaced from being stolen. It should only be a day or two of work and it'll be good to go for Iowa Games. My round took me 1:30 to play.
Cydisc

Re: So very close to being done

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:36 am

Cydisc wrote: My round took me 1:30 to play.
:shock:

good to here they got the water crossings out there. Are you going to be setting up any work days?
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Cydisc » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:01 am

There's a local guy, Charley Braun, who's been heading up the work effort. He's going to be scheduling concrete within the next few weeks. When that happens I'm passing the info along.

The mowing will happen whenever the mower can get down there. It's still fairly wet at the bottom of #4. Charley's looking into theft-resistant signage, but if we can't get them replaced by the tournament, I'll have some temporary signs made.
Cydisc

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:17 am

Thanks for the updates Cy. Look forward to seeing that place continue to get better. To be honest, I'm pretty scared to go there with the foliage in fool bloom.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:59 am

And from what I've heard, I'd be a full not to play it once it's done!
GDL17921

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:45 am

This course has *alot* of work left to do. Grant and I were up there on Saturday and got through about 5 holes before calling it. There was no basket on hole 4 I believe. There are places that need trimming that Im not even sure are possible to get at. This course is extremely raw still. On a good note, it looked like there were some more freshly poured pads. This may be a spring and fall course only.
Last edited by discgolfduval on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discgolfduval

Postby Cydisc » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Fausch is a-skeered. Don't worry, we have an Advanced division in the Iowa Games that plays at Carroll Marty and ISU.

On a serious note. We're trying to organize a work day to get the rest of the course in shape for Iowa Games. If we fall short of getting it completely ready, I have a plan for alternate holes to use in place of the rougher ones.
Cydisc

Return to Boone - McHose Park