Condition of Fuller Park disc golf course ...

Condition of Fuller Park disc golf course ...

Postby Harmon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:29 pm

karma18 wrote:somebody needs to get ahold of the city there and do somthing with this course like pull the baskets and put them else where this is not a disc golf course! i went and played there yesterday and there has been absoultly nothing done with it. the fairways or what you might call one are covered with 3 to 4 ft tall weeds and grass looks like camden 2 before anybody did anything to it. i lost 3 discs on what should be the fairway in this tall grass!! extremly p.o does anybody have a herd of cows? if so let them loose out there they would do a better job then whom ever is in charge of this course it has out of control hope nobody is seriously going to try to have a tourny there espically sanctioned!this place is a joke seriously!!!the course is not hard by any means but when you throw a 300 ft shot strait down the faiway and cannot find a disc there is somthing wrong

I think the city does what it wants ... talking to them might not change anything ... I should know .... I understand your thoughts ... I did play the first few holes the other day ... then stopped ..... didn't want to walk in the thorns bad enough ( I would rather drive 20 mins. to west lake!) ... Fuller could be a good course if the city would let volunteer disc golfers help them with getting ride of thorns and basic clean up or do it themselves ... otherwise so far I would say the parks do an average to below average job of course upkeep ... but they could still change and make this course good ... the course was just put last year and they may be trying to manage the time it takes with all the other items they still have to do with same man power ... of course bottom line is ... if the city would just let us local disc golfers willing to care for the course do our part the course would be a decent place to play and the long placements giving a good SSA of +4 to +6 ..... if could still happen someday .... I remain positive even after what Ive been through the past 7 years getting a course for Muscatine .... also they have not moved the baskets since last fall ... why I don't know ... some of B placements have separate fairways that really need help ...

on another positive note ... the parks staff had just spread new wood chips on many of the wooded holes when I played the other day ...

keep the feedback coming and .... who knows ... maybe it will help bring about positive vibes ... just say what you think needs done ....

Right now its not in that great of shape ... do to overgrowth of weeds/thorns ... poison ivy im sure ... unless you can always stay in the fairways you will be up to your knees in crap .... at some point .... oh well it can change .... maybe ....

peace
Where there is Love there is Hope (Widespread Panic)
Harmon

Postby Harmon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:32 am

Parks has been doing alot of clearing of thorns etc ... and put down alot of wood chips ... course looking best ever ....

and in the paper I read this ..... Muscatine Parks and Rec. has redesigned the fuller park disc golf course .... :?:

don't know what that means? .... could become better or .... could become total junk! :roll: ... wonder who if anyone in disc golf helped them with redesign :shock:
Harmon

Postby hyzerman16234 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 am

Harmon wrote:Parks has been doing alot of clearing of thorns etc ... and put down alot of wood chips ... course looking best ever ....

and in the paper I read this ..... Muscatine Parks and Rec. has redesigned the fuller park disc golf course .... :?:

don't know what that means? .... could become better or .... could become total junk! :roll: ... wonder who if anyone in disc golf helped them with redesign :shock:

So do they allow volunteer help? That's the only way Wildcat Bluff gets maintained. It would be a completely different place if disc golfers weren't in charge of maintenance. :twisted:
hyzerman16234

Postby Harmon » Tue May 04, 2010 2:32 pm

They parks dept. will NOT allow any work done by anyone outside of parks n rec dept.!!!

so ya ... thats the real reason the course is sh*t most of the time ... they did cut thorns but only enough to be gone for a couple weeks ... they are all grown back now and shule is over 3 ft already ... so its better and they have cleared alot out ... but still needs work .... thats for sure ...

we may try to adopt a park ... get paper work in and see if they will let us do some work .....
Harmon

Postby Cydisc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:15 am

Harmon wrote:They parks dept. will NOT allow any work done by anyone outside of parks n rec dept.!!!

so ya ... thats the real reason the course is sh*t most of the time ... they did cut thorns but only enough to be gone for a couple weeks ... they are all grown back now and shule is over 3 ft already ... so its better and they have cleared alot out ... but still needs work .... thats for sure ...

we may try to adopt a park ... get paper work in and see if they will let us do some work .....

What's the current condition of the course? I might be over there this weekend.
Cydisc

Fuller course update

Postby Harmon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 pm

the parks dept. has cleared sides of fairways a lot more .... so it has been improved somewhat .... best shape its ever been in .... we were able to get this new adopt a park program thing going so we will be allowed to do some clean up on our own now ... look for a much better course to play this coming summer !!! I would like to plant some trees and talk about some other basket placements too .. .but not sure how much influence we will have on those kind of changes ...
Harmon

Postby AO » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:58 am

I need to get out and play Fuller. Gotta check out what MDR calls one of the worst courses ever.
AO

Postby IHearChains » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:57 pm

AO wrote:I need to get out and play Fuller. Gotta check out what MDR calls one of the worst courses ever.

It is not that bad, it has a couple good holes and a couple crappy holes, and quite a few average ones.
IHearChains

Postby TreeLoveInman » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:44 pm

went out there and payed today with ryan H and nick m. they did clear some of the fairways, most the trees are still laying down where they cut them and piles of wood everywhere. I think winter crept up on them, I assume they are going to get out and finish cleaning it up. Still a couple dumb holes or just ones that just make you go......okay. But all in all is still a really fun course to play. Maybe not the worse course ever.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby jnecessary » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:38 am

Definitely not the worst course ever, it was overgrown a bit last year but still a fun round or two when I go.
jnecessary

course

Postby RedBird88 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:04 pm

I went down to the course this past week to get pics to update my course page, and the course was in great shape! The best I've ever seen it. Fairways cleared and mowed, the fairways widened with the weeds and thickets cleared. Most of the baskets were in the short locations, but a really fun course to play. Get a chance, go down and give it a try!

http://quadcitydiscgolf.com/Courses_Fuller.html
RedBird88

Postby Discgo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow, that does look nice. I need an excuse to get out there and try that course.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:58 pm

TreeLoveInman wrote:went out there and payed today with ryan H and nick m. they did clear some of the fairways, most the trees are still laying down where they cut them and piles of wood everywhere. I think winter crept up on them, I assume they are going to get out and finish cleaning it up. Still a couple dumb holes or just ones that just make you go......okay. But all in all is still a really fun course to play. Maybe not the worse course ever.
hole 18 is pretty cool
blkwizardsonny

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:00 pm

Discgo wrote:Wow, that does look nice. I need an excuse to get out there and try that course.
hey steve ive been there once and thought it was pretty decent course some thorns and brush on some holes but cool course
blkwizardsonny

Postby strokersix » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:09 am

Played here yesterday. I don't know if it's the city or volunteers or some of each but THANKS! Course is much improved with significant clearing of undergrowth. Thorns and ivy only in play if you kick way off the fairway. Good job.
strokersix

Next

Return to Muscatine - Fuller Park