PDGA sactioned Tourney at Fuller Park July 7

Postby Harmon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:46 pm

more to come
Where there is Love there is Hope (Widespread Panic)
Harmon

Postby peyton » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:57 pm

Scott, that's the same day as Rockford, IL. It would probably be better for Sunday the 8th. Rockford usually has near 200 show up. Just a thought.
peyton

Postby Cydisc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:25 pm

Belle Plaine has requested July 8.
Cydisc

Postby Harmon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:55 pm

im not running this ... another player in muscatine ... and they probably didn't look at the PDGA Schedule ....
Last edited by Harmon on Thu May 31, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harmon

Postby hairballfrog » Thu May 24, 2007 10:42 pm

There's a lot going on that weekend any which way. There'll likely be a good number of local rec players getting a taste. Dough will be good any which way. TD
hairballfrog

Postby Harmon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:40 pm

Hal

sorry I should not have said that you didn't look at schedule ... this day works as well as any .... and all weekends have something going on ... so ... thanks again Hal for getting this first Muscatine tourney going!!! :D

let me know if I can help ...
Harmon

Postby karma27895 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:15 am

somebody needs to get ahold of the city there and do somthing with this course like pull the baskets and put them else where this is not a disc golf course! i went and played there yesterday and there has been absoultly nothing done with it. the fairways or what you might call one are covered with 3 to 4 ft tall weeds and grass looks like camden 2 before anybody did anything to it. i lost 3 discs on what should be the fairway in this tall grass!! extremly p.o does anybody have a herd of cows? if so let them loose out there they would do a better job then whom ever is in charge of this course it has out of control hope nobody is seriously going to try to have a tourny there espically sanctioned!this place is a joke seriously!!!the course is not hard by any means but when you throw a 300 ft shot strait down the faiway and cannot find a disc there is somthing wrong
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby IHearChains » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:18 pm

karma18 wrote:somebody needs to get ahold of the city there and do somthing with this course like pull the baskets and put them else where this is not a disc golf course! i went and played there yesterday and there has been absoultly nothing done with it. the fairways or what you might call one are covered with 3 to 4 ft tall weeds and grass....

Rather than ask the city to pull the course, maybe you could ask them to mow. :roll:

I've played that course quite a few times and always left with all my discs in my bag. There are a couple of bogus shorty-short holes and a lot of thorns, but other than that it's an OK course with some interesting holes.
IHearChains

Postby karma27895 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:24 am

what part of no fairways did you not understand and when was the last time you played there? ya know forget it im not gonna sit here and complain because that is not going to change the fact that the fairways are non existant and nobody in that town is going to do any thing about it the course is in worse condition than a year ago so have fun playin there i will just continue to donate my time to a more useful area like camdenII peace
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby Harmon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:24 pm

I think the city does what it wants ... talking to them might not change anything ... I should know .... I understand your thoughts ... I did play the first few holes the other day ... then stopped ..... didn't want to walk in the thorns bad enough ( I would rather drive 20 mins. to west lake!) ... Fuller could be a good course if the city would let volunteer disc golfers help them with getting ride of thorns and basic clean up or do it themsleves ... otherwise so far I would say the parks do an average to below average job of course upkeep ... but they could still change and make this course good ... the course was just put last year and they may be trying to manage the time it takes with all the other items they still have to do with same man power ... of course bottom line is ... if the city would just let us local disc golfers willing to care for the course do our part the course would be a decent place to play and the long placemenst giving a good SSA of +4 to +6 ..... if could still happen someday .... I remain postive even after what Ive been through the past 7 years getting a course for Muscatine .... also the have not moved the baskets since last fall ... why I don't know ... some of B placements have separt fairways that really need help ...

keep the feedback coming and .... who knows ... maybe it will help bring about change ... just keep it postive ... and say what you think needs done ....

peace
Harmon

Return to Muscatine - Fuller Park