I will work for a course...

Postby GDL17921 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:45 am

looks to me like a lefty dreamer.
GDL17921

Postby K.C. » Mon May 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Just wanted to publicly thank the crew that helped out today/this weekend. (Crew= Keppy, Alex, Ronrazz, Evan, Robinson, Hurt, Tim, and Resch) I was impressed by the amount of volunteers on a Monday, and even more impressed with how quick they made the job. We poured 17 tee pads within about 3.5 hours....then we lost some steam, but finished up some smaller stuff.

Gotta give credit to Keppy and Tim (FADEman), both showed up on Sunday and worked like crazy. And, Alex and Hurt for all their help as well. (Hurt is a pimp on the skid steer, and Alex...well, Alex is Alex, he always helps.)

I know we're not done, and I know you're gonna be sick of me beggin' for more help in two weeks...but had to show at least some gratitude. Thanks again, gentlemen.
K.C.

Postby treeMD » Mon May 19, 2008 10:35 pm

you guys have done a great job with that course, it looks like it will be just awesome to play. Thank you KC for lunch that was great. youll have to talk to me again when you are gonna finish up the tee pads, ill have to check my schedule but i might be able to help out. Thanks again and keep up the good work :D

if you havent seen this course i recomend you check it out, should be a great course. cant wait for the first tourny there.
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Orange Guy » Tue May 20, 2008 6:38 am

treeMD wrote:Thank you KC for lunch that was great.

I hear it could use a little extra parmesan cheese.
Orange Guy

Postby GDL17921 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:41 am

Orange Guy wrote:
treeMD wrote:Thank you KC for lunch that was great.

I hear it could use a little extra parmesan cheese.

What'd he bring? His favorite, I'm guessing.....Harris pie. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby treeMD » Tue May 20, 2008 8:48 am

i have more then enough thank you kepp!!! :lol:
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed May 21, 2008 9:44 am

treeMD wrote:i have more then enough thank you kepp!!! :lol:
The classic "loosen the lid" gag. Always a big hit.

It's really great to get out with a hard working crew (Mike Robinson, Wes Keppy, Alex Oehrlein, K.C., Evan Qualls, and Ron Rasmussen) and get a big chunk knocked out in a short period of time. Obviously, we wouldn't have gotten nearly as much done if it wasn't for the hard work that was put in by K.C., Wes, Alex, and Steve Hurt before we got there.

This one is going to be another gem to add to our collection.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby KePP » Wed May 21, 2008 11:01 am

KePP

Postby K.C. » Thu May 22, 2008 3:24 pm

First things first, Jay…those guys were there to help me out on the course, I wouldn’t punish them with Harris. Heck, all there is up there was Pizza Hut, and I’d offer to buy them Pizza Mias any day over shovin’ Harris down their throats. (If I did that, I’d have no sporting chance of using their help again!)

Now, on to other (better) things than Harris Pizza:
- Wes, thanks for putting those pictures up.

- Just trying to get a jump on courting help again for our second round of concrete work and prep work. Just wondering if anyone can join us on Saturday (31st) to dig up the remaining teepads (Steve Hurt will do basically all of that work with the skid steer), level and stake in the tee forms, and some petty remaining stuff.

- Then, looking to see if I could get a similar type of crew together that following Monday again to finish pouring those holes. It couldn’t have gone much smoother than this Monday, so any help (again) would be appreciated.

Again, thanks everyone.

K.C.
K.C.

Postby K.C. » Tue May 27, 2008 3:58 pm

Steve Hurt will not be available on Saturday, but said that he could come out on Sunday to dig out the rest of the forms.

So, here are my thoughts (which are completely open to suggestions, if anyone has better ideas):

Whomever has the time, we’d gladly use your help on Saturday to do the following:
1. Take up the wood forms from the existing 17 teepads.
2. Even out the ground around the cemented teepads (making the park's mowing easier)
3. Spray-paint the template for Monday’s teepads.
4. Take a look at a # 17 layout.
5. Try our hands at landscaping # 3. (Stealing old railroad ties from near 18’s short placement, pouring and tamping gravel for the base. We’ll see how much we actually get done.)

Whomever has the time, we’d gladly use your help on Sunday to do the following:
1. Help dig up the forms, most of that work will be done by Steve Hurt.
2. Help lay down the forms and level them as much as possible. (This sounds easy, but believe me…its pretty darn hard work.)

Whomever has the time, we’d gladly use your help on Monday to pour the concrete in the holes and sign posts.

I'm planning on going up around 7 am every morning, so I can be there by 8. I'm more than willing to drive people that are willing, if you don't want to spend money on gas. I'd rather get back earlier than work into the night.

Thanks again, everyone.
K.C.

Postby treeMD » Thu May 29, 2008 10:07 pm

I do believe that i am free on sunday to lend a hand. i would need to catch a ride if thats cool. maybe if we get done with the forms we could play a round too? if there is no time thats cool too. just let me know if youd like my help.
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby K.C. » Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm

I would love to have your help (and the help of any willing friends, siblings, family members, loved ones, hated ones, etc.).

I'll be leaving my place at 7 am, trying to be at the course just before 8. If you need a ride, PM me, and I'll get in touch with you...or anyone else willing.

Thanks again.
K.C.

Postby K.C. » Sat May 31, 2008 8:30 pm

I really hope that some people check this tonight, in case you've missed my call or text message:

We will not be working tomorrow (6/1) or Monday (6/2). Our skidsteer fell through at the last minute tonight...and we can't do much further work without that thing.

I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience, and I'm grateful for all the offered help... This sort of thing happens, and it SUCKS, but there's not much I can do at this point. We'll try throwin' something together soon, but it sounds like Hurt might not be available until 3 weeks from now.

We'll see.

Again, sorry.
K.C.

Need more help to finish this Course...

Postby FADEman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:14 pm

We got several of the remaining forms set for the pads on Saturday buy still have about 6 more to do. There were only two of us working today.

Sunday, June 22nd (10am)we will be clearing brush and trimming up some of the holes and fairways. Some help would be nice for removal of the limbs and various brush we will be whacking and sawing up. Suggest long pants for the weeds in some spots. Bring work gloves.

Monday, June 23rd, (8am) finishing the forms and pouring concrete. We really need bodies Monday!!!!!!!!! Must try to finish the TEE pad on Hole 3 if we get the landscaping blocks and gravel. Let's get this beautiful course up and functioning.

See You There.
Thank you.
FADEman

Postby K.C. » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Sorry it has taken me so long to actually post this, but I’m doing so now. The course now is completely functional (with some minor tweaks still needed). We finished pouring the remaining concrete that we had teepads ready for on Monday. So, if you go to www.qcdgc.com you can check out the up-to-date layout. For now, you have both white and blue teepads for holes 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 (no basket), and 18. And, you have at least one teepad for 5, 6, and 7.

- So, the only remaining teepads to pour are 3, 5 long, and 16. But, there are baskets on every hole except 17, which we’ll get to when its not so incredibly overgrown, and we can cut into the debris piles a bit easier.

- I hope everyone enjoys the course in its layout, and sometime we’ll switch all the baskets to another position and the course should change quite a bit.

- I know the club wanted to host some kind of inaugural tournament out there. Go for it, guys. I’ll help when/where I can.

- I know Dave Mac wants to check everything out and have a Gateway Tour stop sometime, and I’m sure we’ll be talking shortly.

- The signs are ordered and should be done within the month.

- There are still some smaller projects to make the course “complete”, but after we cleaned up the holes quite a bit on Sunday, the course is playable…even if still quite raw.

I would like to publicly give credit to all of the volunteers that put in some time up there. Even if it was a little, it meant a lot. I appreciate everyone’s help/input/criticism/etc. I would like to give mad props to Alex, Keppy, and Tim McNich, however…as those three put in some serious hours of labor to complete that course. I’m not trying to discount any work that anyone else did by any means, but these three were integral to the completion of the project.

Thanks again everyone. Enjoy the course.
K.C.

PreviousNext

Return to Clinton - Eagle Point Park