Sorry it has taken me so long to actually post this, but I’m doing so now. The course now is completely functional (with some minor tweaks still needed). We finished pouring the remaining concrete that we had teepads ready for on Monday. So, if you go to www.qcdgc.com
you can check out the up-to-date layout. For now, you have both white and blue teepads for holes 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 (no basket), and 18. And, you have at least one teepad for 5, 6, and 7.
- So, the only remaining teepads to pour are 3, 5 long, and 16. But, there are baskets on every hole except 17, which we’ll get to when its not so incredibly overgrown, and we can cut into the debris piles a bit easier.
- I hope everyone enjoys the course in its layout, and sometime we’ll switch all the baskets to another position and the course should change quite a bit.
- I know the club wanted to host some kind of inaugural tournament out there. Go for it, guys. I’ll help when/where I can.
- I know Dave Mac wants to check everything out and have a Gateway Tour stop sometime, and I’m sure we’ll be talking shortly.
- The signs are ordered and should be done within the month.
- There are still some smaller projects to make the course “complete”, but after we cleaned up the holes quite a bit on Sunday, the course is playable…even if still quite raw.
I would like to publicly give credit to all of the volunteers that put in some time up there. Even if it was a little, it meant a lot. I appreciate everyone’s help/input/criticism/etc. I would like to give mad props to Alex, Keppy, and Tim McNich, however…as those three put in some serious hours of labor to complete that course. I’m not trying to discount any work that anyone else did by any means, but these three were integral to the completion of the project.
Thanks again everyone. Enjoy the course.