NAME CAMDEN II

Postby KePP » Thu May 01, 2008 8:28 am

maybe The Chosen One chooses from the top choices on a poll?
KePP

Postby Orange Guy » Thu May 01, 2008 8:43 am

Something Resch and I were talking about last night is that all the names sound much better if you stick "Camden II" before it or "at Camden Park" after it.

The Other Side

Camden II: The Other Side

The Other Side at Camden Park
Orange Guy

Postby Orange Guy » Thu May 01, 2008 8:43 am

KePP wrote:maybe The Chosen One chooses from the top choices on a poll?

I do prefer a democratic approach to this.
Orange Guy

Postby KePP » Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 am

Camden Chasms
Twin Valleys

My favorites so far:

- The Other Side
- Fallen Oaks
- Fox Run
- Camden Woods
- Camden Chasms
- Camden's Revenge
KePP

Postby swan » Thu May 01, 2008 9:08 am

Orange Guy wrote:Something Resch and I were talking about last night is that all the names sound much better if you stick "Camden II" before it or "at Camden Park" after it.

The Other Side

Camden II: The Other Side

The Other Side at Camden Park

I agree the word Camden should be in the title somewhere. That being said, my meager opinion would be to avoid obvious "connections" in the title (i.e. "Other", "II", etc). The new course deserves it's own distinction while keeping Camden in the name somewhere. Although it is in the same park, it's a course that is very much unlike the original Camden.

The Woods at Camden Park
Camden Woods
Camden Trails
Camden in the Wood
Camdenwood
Camden's Got Wood :D
Camden Gold (it's growing on me)
swan

Postby KePP » Thu May 01, 2008 9:44 am

Was the original Camden 2 layout conceived at the same time as Camden? Cuz that would make them fraternal twins, for the play off twin.

I should probably play a round to choose a fitting name.
KePP

Postby Orange Guy » Thu May 01, 2008 10:05 am

swan wrote:Camden Gold (it's growing on me)

Every time I read Camden Gold, I think this:

Not saying that's a bad thing, either.
Orange Guy

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:16 am

Awesome!!!

That beats out any photoshopped stuff I've posted..
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Sprague » Thu May 01, 2008 10:27 am

I definitely want this to be democratic! Reed and RJ deserve to have their opinion weighed heavily into the matter as well.

Consider the big picture (I've tried to explain my design as a global design) We want this to be a destination course for traveling disc golfers. 3 practice baskets, 2 courses on site, easy access to the interstate! The Other Side won't fly around in disc golf circles like it does locally. Camden II would work a little better, but this is a marketing approach, and Camden II falls short of conjuring up images of excitement.

Milan's motto is Respecting the Past - looking to the Future - that's why I've liked names with Fox in it to respect the Fox Tribes that inhabited this land. Fox Woods @ Camden Park - Fox Woods has a PGA feel to it.

I also love Camden Gold, because players from all over the World will recognize that as an reference to a World Class course -

Whatever we decide or whatever the city allows, we have to think in terms of marketing to people from outside the local area (let's face it, that's why the Village has authorized the course - they want to draw in more revenue and garner national attention)

Let's keep talking and if Reed and RJ are against the process for some reason, than we'll discuss with them - I have a feeling they're enjoying this process like we are!
Sprague

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu May 01, 2008 11:17 am

Sprague wrote: Milan's motto is Respecting the Past - looking to the Future - that's why I've liked names with Fox in it to respect the Fox Tribes that inhabited this land.
I like this reasoning, especially since Native Americans were basically cheated out of everything they ever had. Why not give them some permanent recognition? My problem with just using Fox in the name is that it sounds like you're referring to the animal. Not only that, their was a culmination of two tribes, the Fox and the Sauk, which is why I think if you're going to use tribal names, you should include both. Another area to explore is the fact that these tribes were led by Blackhawk, the warrior chief.

So, with that said, something along the lines of:
Camden Gold at Sauk-Fox Woods
Blackhawk Gold at Sauk-Fox Woods
The Blackhawk
You get the idea.

sprague wrote:I also love Camden Gold, because players from all over the World will recognize that as an reference to a World Class course
What will we call the other course, then? Camden Pink? :lol:
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Sprague » Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 am

tough to include both tribes from a marketing stand point, but good thoughts.

Warrior Course @ Camden

BlackHawk Course - Red Eagle Course (I did a book report on Chief Blackhawk in 5th grade and then did another speech from memory in 9th grade in front of our class - A on both :P )
Sprague

Postby Sprague » Thu May 01, 2008 11:39 am

Warrior Ridge @ Camden Park

even if we only used Fox - having a historical note on the sign (we will have a sign someday I imagine) would be a nice touch

Warrior Path is a park in Kingsport, TN - When I heard that name - I wanted to play it!! We want a name that draws people in!

Good discussion - let's keep it going - then after we throw it, we'll probably settle on Thorn Valley! :twisted:
Sprague

Postby Sprague » Thu May 01, 2008 11:40 am

Blackhawk Gold - really like this!
Sprague

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu May 01, 2008 11:58 am

Ooh, ooh, I know! "Blackhawk Battleground" in recognition of the Blackhawk war that was fought here and finally moved the tribes out of the area.

That way, locals can just refer to it as B&B (as in Hardware)... get it? Yeah, sorry, I'm bored. :?
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Sprague » Thu May 01, 2008 12:11 pm

no bad ideas John! Just some better than others :?
Sprague

PreviousNext

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park