Work Night

Work Night

Postby Kelly K » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:24 am

Starting tonight, we will be having work nights on Mondays. Anyone is welcome to show up any time they can make it out.

Tonight 3-24-08 we will be working at Turkey. There are several projects that need to be done there. Myself, Kevin, and Mark will be there as early as 3:30. See ya there!!! (please bring shovels, work gloves, and chainsaws!!!)
Kelly K

Postby Kelly K » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:11 pm

It has been suggested that after the work night, we go somewhere like the Vine for some dinner and good company!!!

who i've talked to:
Kelly, In
Brent, In
Mark, In
Kevin, In
Luke, Probably In
Morgan, will try :)
Jeff, will try :)
Brad, :?:
Jack, :?:
Jon Schear, Probably In
Cassie, :?:
Kate, In

Who else???!?!?!?

We need to dig out under the bridge on 11, clear downed trees/branches, move the pins, change the signs, dig some anchors, general cleanup...
Kelly K

Postby The Donator » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:18 pm

In, dont have any gloves or shovels but ill see what i can do. I go to the Vine in IC every Monday for $1 pints. Always a great time, even if theres only NIT games on tonight.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby rhynoman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:38 pm

I have family obligations tonight but would like to be involved as I teach in Solon and live near Shueyville.

Travis Kerkove
rhynoman

Postby OU812_LukeS » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:25 pm

Kelly B wrote:It has been suggested that after the work night, we go somewhere like the Vine for some dinner and good company!!!

who i've talked to:
Kelly, In
Brent, In
Mark, In
Kevin, In
Luke, Probably In
Morgan, will try :)
Jeff, will try :)
Brad, :?:
Jack, :?:
Jon Schear, Probably In
Cassie, :?:
Kate, In

Who else???!?!?!?

We need to dig out under the bridge on 11, clear downed trees/branches, move the pins, change the signs, dig some anchors, general cleanup...

Sorry, it wasn't enough notice for me to make it happen, I'm going out of town for the evening. I'll be present at future work days, now that I know we're back in the swing of things. -L
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby Kelly K » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:41 am

We got a lot of things accomplished last night, but there is still a lot left to do. Thanks to Mark, Kevin, Morgan, Rinker, Lindsley, Brad, Brent, Jon & Cassie for coming out!!! We got the bridge by 11 dug out, a lot of trees cut down & removed from fairways. We are half way thru with installing the new signs. Mark and I and possibly Kevin are going back out today at 3:30 to finish the signs and put in the pin placement bolts.

Sorry Lindsley I didn't see your post about the IC vine, we didn't end up going and decided to go tonight instead. (but to the Coralville one)

We have a lot of digging things that probably wont be able to do until the ground softens up a little. We do still have a list of things that need to be done at Turkey. But it was a great (and cold) worknight! :D Thanks again to everyone who was able to make it out!!
Kelly K

Postby IHearChains » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Kelly B wrote:We got a lot of things accomplished last night, but there is still a lot left to do. Thanks to Mark, Kevin, Morgan, Rinker, Lindsley, Brad, Brent, Jon & Cassie for coming out!!!

Thanks for all the work you're doing. I'm willing to help too, sorry I missed the announcement for this one.
Greg
IHearChains

Postby Kelly K » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:35 am

Myself, Mark, and Kevin finished putting up the majority of the new signs at turkey and moved as many baskets as we could last night. :D
Kelly K

Postby Kelly K » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 am

Looks like we won't be having a work night tonight...
Kelly K

MONDAY APRIL 7TH, 2008

Postby Kelly K » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:50 pm

This coming monday, april 7th

worknight will be again at turkey creek. we have a list of things that still need to be done here and hopefully we can get a big chunk of the list taken care of.

Let's plan on meeting at 5:45 back by the bathrooms.

we need as many people to come as we can get! off the top of my head, i can think of things that would require at least 8-10 people, and if we had more that'd be just great!!!

Please let me know if you'll be able to attend!! We probably don't need chainsaws at this worknight, could use some rakes and shovels, work gloves (dont leave home without them!), and some old fashioned muscles!
Kelly K

Postby Kelly K » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:53 am

Thanks to everyone who came to the worknight last night!!! (Luke, Morgan, Brad, Jack, Brent, Kevin, Rinker)

We are very lucky to have such a great group of people who donate their time and energy to help keep our courses looking good!

We got all the signs completed and in the ground, raked #9 fairway and w00t to jack for finding the other pin placement!!!, woodchips spread by teeboxes and pin locations #4-5, lubed the padlocks and got most of them to unlock, dug out an anchor... plus i'm sure i'm forgetting what else we got done.

Next Monday we probably should hit up the peninsula and get the MFR cut out before it gets too bad out there, and clean up the part of the course that's not under water. Looking ahead to the week after that, I think we want to head out to sugar and tackle the putting area.

i'll make official post as where the work night will be closer to mondays.

Thanks again everyone, awesome job!!!
Kelly K

Postby mr26693 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:13 pm

Thank you for keeping everything organized, Kelly. Can't wait to start cleaning up the Pen :D
mr26693

Postby The Donator » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:15 pm

I am so sorry for missing last night. It completely slipped my mind and i feel even worse for bringing people out to play. I honestly feel bad and wont be missing anymore.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Kelly K » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:45 am

The Donator wrote:I am so sorry for missing last night. It completely slipped my mind and i feel even worse for bringing people out to play. I honestly feel bad and wont be missing anymore.

no worries, no hard feelings, we still got a lot accomplished!!
Kelly K

Postby OU812_LukeS » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:28 am

If we're going to be at the Peninsula I would REALLY like it if we could get one or two chainsaws working on the bottleneck in the middle of 10's fairway...it is a haven for nettles and multi-floral rose, and people throw into it constantly either from kicks or errant shots, and then risk life and limb climbing into it. If the chainsaws chop it up the rest of us can move it.

There are about 30 individual rose plants near 18's long pin that, if removed, would make it play a lot less hazardous.

6's long right side and left side fairways have all kinds of rose that can come out. Even good shots kick into it.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Next

Return to Iowa City Disc Golf Club