Magic, this time it's really called Magic

The most stable forum here

Magic, this time it's really called Magic

Postby nydle28011 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:54 am

beadless putter with a blunter nose than the warlock. I got some protos from the factory and they feel great. The rim is a little different than I expected, field testing them today, even with snow will let you know, supposed to be uber flippy and understable.
Last edited by nydle28011 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Big or Go Home!
Team Iron Lion
www.ironliondgs.com
2012 Iowa Team Champions
nydle28011

magic

Postby nydle28011 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:36 am

field tested briefly and here are my results:

I have two magic protos, first one is a black ss almost sss magic really grippy and soft and the other is a ss? harder but the middle is a little soft, still really grippy, they are both 172 grams

If thrown for a drive with good form the black one goes dead straight with a little turn to get understable at the end. I mean dead straight, with a little hyzer thrown hard it flips up and flatens with a little hyzer at the end. If you you throw with bad form or a little anhyzer at all these this ride a big anyhzer line the hole way... (ps I throw my putters with lots of snap, not as much snap probably different results)

The other one is a green ss?, thrown hard ans straight is straight with a much more exagerated anhyzer finish. Flies much like my beat up warlock, straight with a long anhyzer finish. This one is much more flippier. Any anhyzer and flip mode, throw on a hyzer flips and flies straight.

Lots of glide and they were going 250+ for me with no run up and lots of snow on the ground. I would definatley say understable maybe .5-1.0 once they get beat I am sure they will be super flippy. Also remember I am throwning new out of the box and it is winter

Putting with this disc is different, it feels smaller in diameter than the warlock. You would have to hold one to understand how the flip feels, much blunter nose. Anhyzer putters are $$$ with these things, I anhyzer putt alot so I love these. They are also good for hyzer putts becuause the flip up flat.

I like em definatley adding these two to my bag, great combo with wizards and warlocks (i.e. overstable, straight and now the magic understable)
Go Big or Go Home!
Team Iron Lion
www.ironliondgs.com
2012 Iowa Team Champions
nydle28011

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:30 am

Not a bad little putter. Very comfortable in the hand. It is dead straight when thrown with about 50% power. Bump it up to 75% and it has a slight right track. This one will go in the bag for further testing. I only had a limited amount of time to test this. I will post more when I get a chance.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 am

I want about 4 of 'em. Daddy? You still alive?
GDL17921

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:56 am

Is that in evolution plastic, guys?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Furthur » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:04 pm

I don't think they're out in evolution plastic yet. They haven't even been shipped to major retailers. Those who have them are either on the team, or got pre-releases.
Furthur

magic

Postby nydle28011 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 pm

only 2 types of plastic right now, soft chalky black and soft glow. Only very few were prerelease, mostly team players have them.
Go Big or Go Home!
Team Iron Lion
www.ironliondgs.com
2012 Iowa Team Champions
nydle28011

Postby Furthur » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:37 pm

There were some that made it out to the large quantity gateway resellers (I got some from DD, and he's still got some for sale in his ebay store).
Furthur

Re: magic

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:46 pm

nydle28011 wrote:only 2 types of plastic right now, soft chalky black and soft glow. Only very few were prerelease, mostly team players have them.

There were also some grass green one's that were a bit stiffer than the black and glow one's.

I'm gonna try to get some in to sell at the Osky Tournament.
SpikeHyzer

magic

Postby nydle28011 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:12 pm

I got some of the green ones, but figured there were only a few of us that had them. The green ones are really stiff. JT if you get any with the arch and basket stamp to sell grab me a few of each, I will take them!
Go Big or Go Home!
Team Iron Lion
www.ironliondgs.com
2012 Iowa Team Champions
nydle28011

Re: magic

Postby irban » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:59 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:
nydle28011 wrote:only 2 types of plastic right now, soft chalky black and soft glow. Only very few were prerelease, mostly team players have them.

There were also some grass green one's that were a bit stiffer than the black and glow one's.

I'm gonna try to get some in to sell at the Osky Tournament.

If you get a max weight green one available, I'll drive over to your house and buy it Joe. Love the green putt and approach for some reason.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:44 am

I will let you guys know what I all get in.

Thanks,
JT
SpikeHyzer

magic

Postby nydle28011 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:23 pm

so, had a chance today to really get some good rounds in with the magics. Warlocks came out of the bag and now have the magics as my putters.

With that said, no these are nothing like the beloved wizards. The magic is fairly understable. I throw the anhyzer line alot more than the hyzer line so these are great for me. I made some really great anhyzer line jump putts from around 60 feet with these bad boys.

I have all three current plastics: black ss-sss chalky, glow, and green medium? plastic. The medium is by far the most understable. Black chalky is the most stable, and the glow falls in between. The glow are my go to putts with the black and green being for anhyzer drives, and jump putts.

Give these things a try. I have never had a putter that I could throw consitantly hard on a dead hyzer line and know what it will do. These will flip up and depending on the plastic flip over.

I was throwing hole 3 at camden and threw a hyzer flip at number fours pad. The medium magic flipped up and over and hit right at the bottom of #3 pin. Looked crazy but did that constistanly with all four magics. No headwind. Also parking #1 at camden with the slight anhyzer line around the tree in the middle of the farway. Great disc for anyone that needs a dependable anhyzer putt and approach disc. Way more Distance than a regular aviar.

Headwind kills these bad boys :cry:
Go Big or Go Home!
Team Iron Lion
www.ironliondgs.com
2012 Iowa Team Champions
nydle28011

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:30 pm

I worked a little "Magic" today as well out at Big Creek. Any shot from within 200 feet I was grabbing this disc. I even banged a nice 40 foot anhyzer putt around a tree. I didn't actually get to see much of the shot, but was told it was quite nice. These things are for real.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:18 pm

Finally got to do some excessive putting in the back yard with the infamous magic. I take back my previous comments about how great this disc is. It's even better than what I said earlier. This may be the best disc introduction to me since the Gazelle was given to me as my first disc. The feel and grip, I had already fallen in love with. I felt incredibly more accurate with my jump putts. And the catch of chains seems to be quite favorible. For shorter approach shots, the Magic fits like a glove. Even throwing at 50-75 percent this holds it's line perfectly. No late lazy fade. Still haven't gotten the chance to throw some drives, but what I have been reading about it being flippy, I can pretty much tell that that is a safe assesment. After putting with the same putter for close to 3 years, I am anxious to open a new door leading to success.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Next

Return to Gateway